Bane is an escaped convict from an island prison in South America and a super-villain/assassin. Bane has abnormal physical strength as a result of having had undergone experiments involving a derivative of the drug Venom. He became known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat" when he broke Batman's back, forcing Bruce Wayne to give up the Batman persona while he recuperated.
1 [X on 360 - Square on PS3]
2 [Y on 360 - Triangle on PS3]
3 [A on 360 - X on PS3]
4 [B on 360 - Circle on PS3]
F = forward
B = back
D = down
U = up
Max Negative = Lv3 Venom withdrawals
jD3 is a great opener for Bane from the air as his j2 is terrible, so you can use it to increase the damage of these combos if you wish.
1,1,3,BF1 = 24% (MB BF1 = 30%) (Lv1 Venom = 27%, Lv2 = 30%, Lv3 = 37%, Max Negative = 7%)
1,1,3,DB1 = 23% (Lv1 Venom = 25%, Lv2 = 28%, Lv3 = 34%, Max Negative = 7%)
2,2,3,DB1 = 23% (Lv1 Venom = 26%, Lv2 = 29%, Lv3 = 35%, Max Negative = 7%)
1,1,3,BF2 = 18% (MB BF2 = 23%) (Lv1 Venom = 19%, Lv2 = 22%, Lv3 = 26%, Max Negative = 5%)
B2,3,B2,3, DBF3 = 26% (MB DBF3 = 29%) (Lv1 Venom = 29%%, Lv2 = 33%, Lv3 = 39%, Max Negative = 8%)
B2,3,1,1,2,3,DB1 = 29% (Lv1 Venom = 32%, Lv2 = 36%%, Lv3 = 43%, Max Negative = 9%)
B2,3,B2,3,BF2 = 21% (MB BF2 = 25%) (Lv1 Venom = 23%, Lv2 = 26%, Lv3 = 31%, Max Negative = 6%)
B2,3,D3,j2,1,2,BF2 = 23% (MB BF2 = 26%) (Lv1 Venom = 26%, Lv2 = 29%, Lv3 = 35%, Max Negative = 7%)
Keeping them in the corner is my gameplan so using DB1 as an ender is not an option as he may throw them out of it, I use this as a chance to build meter so damage is not as high as it could be
B2,3,1,D3,1,2,3,DB2 = 26% (MB DB2 = 29%) (Lv1 Venom = 28%, Lv2 = 32%, Lv3 = 39%, Max Negative = 8%)
B2,3,1,1,1,2,3,DB2 = 29% (MB DB2 = 33%) (Lv1 Venom = 32%, Lv2 = 36%, Lv3 = 43%, Max Negative = 9%)
1,2,R1,1,2,DB1 = 29% (Lv1 Venom = 32%, Lv2 = 36%, Lv3 = 44%, Max Negative = 9%)
B2,3,1,1,2,R1,1,2,BF2 = 30% (MB BF2 = 33%) (Lv1 Venom = 33%, Lv2 = 37%, Lv3 = 45%, Max Negative = 9%)
B2,3,1,1,2,R1,1,2,DB1 = 33% (Lv1 Venom = 36%, Lv2 = 41%, Lv3 = 49%, Max Negative = 14%)
B2,3,B2,3,R1, B2,3,DB1 = 31% (Lv1 Venom = 34%, Lv2 = 38%, Lv3 = 46%, Max Negative = 9%)
Meter Burn B3:
Don’t bother meter burning B3 after B2,3. It’s a waste of 2 meter for damage that’s equal for a meterless combo from B2,3. Best option for meter burn B3 is B1,1 although to be honest I don’t want to waste 2 meter at all with Bane. But if you must:
B1,1,(MB)B3,j2,1,2,DB2 = 29% (MB DB2 = 33%) (Lv1 Venom = 32%, Lv2 = 36%, Lv3 = 43%, Max Negative = 9%)
But seriously……Don’t waste the meter.
Raw Super = 36% (Lv1 Venom = 40%, Lv2 = 45%, Lv3 = 54%, Max Negative = 19%)
B2,3,B2,3,Super = 38% (Lv1 Venom = 42%, Lv2 = 47%, Lv3 = 57%, Max Negative = 19%)
B2,3,1,1,2,Super = 41% (Lv1 Venom = 45%, Lv2 = 51%, Lv3 = 61%, Max Negative = 23%)
B2,3,1,1,2,R1,1,2,Super = 44% (Lv1 Venom = 49%, Lv2 = 55%, Lv3 = 67%, Max Negative = 22%)
Obviously there are combos in the ranges of 70-120% damage but needless to say I’m not going to type them out :P
Strategy and Gameplan
- The name of the game is to get in close and never let them gain any space, as Bane has NO projectiles the full screen game puts him at a huge disadvantage.
- Use his Venom wisely. With the withdrawals you're going to lose defense, speed and damage. Even simple combos could take 50% of your health.
- If you do go into Venom withdrawals then turtle, you're opponent will probably go full screen 'zone' mode but there is nothing you can do about it, dashing or jumping in during the withdrawals is a death sentence.
- B2,3 is a great combo opener, its my go to starter.
- Venom gives you're special moves armour, if you're worried an opponent will use a wake up attack then use a little Venom, amoured DB2 and BF2 are good counters to them, same for your own wake up attacks.
- Level 3 also adds armor break properties on his specials, gives his specials projectile invincibility and gives armor on his F2, which can be dash canceled and act as a meterless B3 absorb parry (BBBLP)
80% of the characters.
Bane Mirror, Solomon Grundy, Doomsday, Lex
(*Guide is based on opinion and how I play the character, I'm sure BBBLB will tell me how wrong I am :P)