Edgar wright confirms hank pym for ant-man movie

Thanks alot Tazz. Can't wait to see the costume if thats what the footage is

im hoping this costume is a prototype

marvel_antman_body-610x341.jpg

marvel_antman_front-610x343.jpg

what a dick

UPDATE: Following yesterday's Ant-Man casting buzz, Simon Pegg returned to Twitter with an update on the photo of him at Marvel. As it turns out -- perhaps not surprisingly -- he wasn't hinting at anything at all (via Coming Soon):

"FFS the Internet," Pegg tweeted, "all I did was point at the central character in my dear friend's next movie, because I'm excited for him."

The original story follows below...

Without jumping to any conclusions, Simon Pegg tweeted an image of himself earlier today possibly hinting that he's in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie.

Why do we think this? Well, check out the photo below and see for yourself (and note Pegg's sly index finger pointing at the Ant-Man figure on the wall):

simon pegg ant-man

Of course, an image like this doesn't prove much of anything. Indeed, this could just be Pegg having a bit of fun with his followers. On the other hand, Pegg's involvement wouldn't be totally unbelievable. After all, he's starred in three of Wright's four feature films. As for whether he'd play Ant-Man himself or another character, well, that's up for discussion. Nevertheless, this could be our first whiff of casting news on the film (if Pegg's coy smirk is anything to go on).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/16/simon-pegg-teases-edgar-wrights-ant-man

Why Ultron is in ‘Avengers 2′ Instead of the ‘Ant-Man’ Movie

This is, as stated, a bold deviation from Marvel canon – one that will inevitably leave some fans upset – which is why Ant-Man writer/director Edgar Wright discussed the reasoning for keeping Ultron’s origin out of Hank Pym’s movie, while speaking with Huffpo:

[Ultron] was never in my script. Because even just to sort of set up what Ant-Man does is enough for one movie. It’s why I think “Iron Man” is extremely successful because it keeps it really simple. You have one sort of — the villain comes from the hero’s technology. It’s simple. So I think why that film really works and why, sometimes, superhero films fail — or they have mixed results — because they have to set up a hero and a villain at the same time. And that’s really tough. And sometimes it’s unbalanced.

You know, when I was younger I used to love Tim Burton’s “Batman.” I was like 15 and even then I was aware, “This is really the Joker’s film.” It’s like, the Joker just takes over and Batman, you really don’t learn too much about him. Comics haveyears to explain this stuff and in a movie you have to focus on one thing. So it’s about kind of streamlining, I think. Some of the most successful origin films actually have a narrower focus. You cannot put 50 years of the Marvel universe into a movie. It’s impossible.

With that mind-state, Wright seems to feel extra fortunate that his subject is Ant-Man, a superhero that is far from mainstream in the minds of casual moviegoers:

I think there’s something in that it’s a lesser known character, there’s hopefully more license. For the one percent of people who are like, “Wait, Hank Pym would never do that!” there’s 99 percent going, “Who’s Hank Pym?” So, to me, the source material is great but it also frees you up to be like: I’m going to make a movie. The movie is not going to represent 50 years of Marvel comics because that’s impossible. But I’m going to make a 100 minute movie — or 110 minutes [laughs].

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age-ultron-ant-man-movie-origin-discussion/