Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat 2013

Cause I wasn't really feeling football all last year.
It was a weird reason with the dodging of the NFL strike(?), replacement refs and how my Eagles did ass last year.

Cause I wasn't really feeling football all last year.
It was a weird reason with the dodging of the NFL strike(?), replacement refs and how my Eagles did ass last year.

The NFL lockout was actually the year before last. As for the TRMK league for the year before last, all you need to know about it is the fact that its championship game was marred by fraud that led to not only a permanent commissioner change, but also the installment of the trade deadline (which was intact for EVERY fantasy league I have ever participated in).

Fraud detection in fanasty football?
Who was it?

It was the previous commissioner, himself. LC knows more about it than I do (I joined TRMK in early September of that year, and therefore did not participate), but basically, the previous commish had a non-member buddy in the Championship Game against BYoung. In an attempt to rig the game in favor of his friend, he traded his A-list players to him that week. Despite the trade, BYoung STILL managed to win fair and square. Pissed that his game-fixing attempt failed, he took matters into his own hands by changing the score to make it look like his buddy won the championship. Luckily, LC had the official score written down and exposed the commissioner's fraud for all to see. LC has been the commissioner of TRMK fantasy football leagues since then. Additionally, the trade deadline is November 15th in an effort to avoid a repeat of blatant cheating (in fact, late-season trades by New York's MLB franchises in the late 1910s led Baseball to adopt a trade deadline in the first place).

A suiting title for Granpa LC indeed.
Well off to bed.

Hopefully I'll get my picks on Saturday or whenever the draft is

Thanks for joining Yung and RIPLIUKANG! It looks like we're really going to end up with mostly TRMK people this year. Hopefully we will fill up to 12 teams, but if not I have a contingency plan for 10. Basically, if we only have 10 teams I'm going to switch to 2 divisions instead of 3, then my scheduling plan will still work because the two fewer out-of-division games will be replaced by two more division games. I'll also go to 4 playoff teams instead of 6 because 6 out of 10 making the playoffs is just silly.

As far as the draft time goes, I hesitate to move it all the way till Monday because that's only three days before the first game. How does Sunday 9 ET work for you guys?

I got maybes from JSOOGZ and from squirrelpion, as well as some of my IRL peeps. Feel free to pressure people to join as you see fit lol.

Honestly though the real annoying thing is we've got three empty spots and there are FOUR TRMK-related people that were in last year's league that haven't signed up.

I suppose I should probably clarify I meant 9 PM, not AM... I think you all figured that out, but just making sure.

lol 9pm Sunday is fine, I will be doing 3 drafts at the exact same time. I can multi-task :)

Cowboys will always be my #1 team, Bills are a must because I'm from Buffalo, and I used to like the Eagles (because Eagles are my favorite animal lololololol), but, I don't even care about them any longer. They were never a favorite, just one of those 'I like this team for a dumb girlie reason' so I was happy when they did well. Also, I can't stand Vick.

If it came down to Buffalo and Dallas, I would always go for Dallas, but, if Buffalo ever wins, I will cry tears of hometown joy. Dallas gets a slight edge as my favorite team because #9 <3 Even if he leaves, Dallas will still be my #1 team. I always liked them the best because it's daddy's team :)

I don't know who to rock this year.
Quarterback and Team defense is obvious but everyone else, phew

My draft last night was awesome, for the first time in my life, I got first pick. It was sweet getting back to back picks.

I was then saddened when my turn was 4 more people away and another guy took who I wanted (I wont say because I want to grab him in our league :) )

I hate when that happens. I swear at the screen. A lot.

My draft last night was awesome, for the first time in my life, I got first pick. It was sweet getting back to back picks.

I was then saddened when my turn was 4 more people away and another guy took who I wanted (I wont say because I want to grab him in our league :) )

I hate when that happens. I swear at the screen. A lot.

I accused you of stealing my pick in a middle round last year, and mind you, our picks were right next to each other...only to end up trading for him in full-blown panic mode at the deadline anyway.

I don't know who to rock this year.
Quarterback and Team defense is obvious but everyone else, phew

Word of advice; let the draft come to you. Don't blow your top pick on a quarterback you can get in Round 7 (I'm looking at you, JADE!) when the best available running back is still available (which is a position you should be drafting as early as possible anyway...waiting until the middle of round 3 to get a RB is a mistake that cost me dearly last year).

As for your defense, I recommend waiting until at least you have your starters filled up....kickers should go dead last.