Official Fix, Balance, Final Patch Mortal Kombat (9) 2011 Petition

To everyone in the Mortal Kombat Community,

I sincerely am reaching out to you all and asking you to take a few minutes to review this petition. Please sign it if you would like to help us DEMAND (a.k.a: ask) NRS to final patch/title update Mortal Kombat (9) 2011. We desperately want this game to continue to stay alive, fresh, and be played competitively. And with your support we can make our voices heard loud and clear.

The link to the petition is provided below:

http://www.change.org/petitions/net...atch-and-or-title-update-mortal-kombat-9-2011

I seriously THANK YOU, for taking time to read and sign the petition if you did.

THANK YOU!

Webster Snow Jr. (AU_IM_DIGIMON)

P.S: Everyone please pass the link to this petition around. Get it to everyone you know who loves Mortal Kombat (regardless of competitive level). Do so via your Facebook, Twitter, E-Mail, Instant Messaging, Text Service, and ETC.. Any way and EVERY WAY...let people know that we're doing all we can TO FINALLY GET THE UPDATED MORTAL KOMBAT (9) 2011 GAME WE DESERVE.

:D

How much money are you going to contribute? I don't think a new patch will attract new buyers and they're not going to work for free.

A new patch isn't necessarily. The FGC is far too needy as it is with their needs for patches.

If anything, NRS should follow Capcom's lead, and update the game with DLC to include characters, costumes, etc.

A new patch isn't necessarily. The FGC is far too needy as it is with their needs for patches.

If anything, NRS should follow Capcom's lead, and update the game with DLC to include characters, costumes, etc.

This would be awesome but who would there be for characters? I know some costumes I'd like to see are Sonya's green jogging suit , Johnny Cage without the shades , and Skarlet MK2 & MK3.

I'm pretty sure the OP is more worried about game breaking mechanics like

P1 Advantage
input bug
Invincibility glitch

ect ect. These make the game a joke before people even attempt to jump into the game to see if it's fun.

I doubt they would add more characters for the story's sake.

OP you don't think it's a waste of time since they're working on a new MK?

Cuz I read an article of Kevin talking about a "new OG character" in the MK movie, that will be featured in "the next game"

Signed!

Please fix ALL bugs especially on fatalities. I don't want hair and cyborg wires going through Jade's arm while she does both her fatalities!!! Also, take the bug where the dog tag of Jax goes through his chest to his back. FIX THEM PLEASE!!!

I doubt they could nor would do any of those graphics fixes.

This petition is going to do nothing, especially since NRS has likely already moved on to MK10.

But, if by some twist of fate it did happen, I'd love to see

Kenshi's keepaway take a small nerf.
Give Cage less advantage on SOME normals. Don't make them, unsafe, but don't make it stupid either.
Take away Sheeva's stupid ass combo taunts and let her cancel her earthquake move with dashes
Remove Mileena from the game
Small damage buff to Raka
Less priority on Kabal's Nomad

If it did happen, I want to be able to combo into a Ground Freeze or Enhanced Ground Freeze again with human Sub-Zero.
NRS patching Sub Zero's air Freeze to Enhanced Ground Freeze was bullshit, especially considering that he's more of a power and defensive character.

If they unlock the bosses and balance them for competitive play, I'm all for another patch. If it's just to try wean scrub abusers off of the Klu Klux CKlan of Kabal, Kung Lao, Cyrax and Kenshi, then... frankly... meh. I doubt the game will be a Evo 2014, anyway, and I have even stronger doubts Ed Bone will waste time patching a game for a few hundred die-hards that have already thrown down for the item- there's no profit in that.

It's not just for "a few hundred die-hards."
The PC version is also out now too and those people are also buying the game, so that gives them another reason to patch it.

Signed.

Tired of seeing Kabal in Top 8/

Thanks for signing. Appreciate it. Be sure to share the petition amongst others.

How much money are you going to contribute? I don't think a new patch will attract new buyers and they're not going to work for free.

I've already bought MK9 vanilla 5 times. I gave away the first grand prize for tournament play at Power Up 2011. I gave away $200+ of my own money for online competition prizes. I plan on doing a 1K pot bonus for an upcoming MK9 revival tournament later this year. I'm definitely cashing out.

Not to mention tons of money I have spent traveling to tournaments around the country. x__x lol

And if the game DID get a title update, I surely would dish out as much cash necessary. $5 - $40 or even $60. I WILL SUPPORT A BETTER VERSION OF MK9.

This would be amazing as I still love MK9. I signed it for sure.

Thank you! :D

The petition clearly states final balance patch and/or Title update. Which leads right into your suggestion of what Capcom is doing. I agree. And that's the route I'D PREFER.

But it's been well over A YEAR, since MK9 has been patched. A demand for a final balance patch/title update is very warranted.
I'm pretty sure the OP is more worried about game breaking mechanics like

P1 Advantage
input bug
Invincibility glitch

You are 100% correct there.

OP you don't think it's a waste of time since they're working on a new MK?

Absolutely NOT. As mentioned above it's been well over a year since MK9 has been patched. The NEXT MK game, hinted towards a release date later this year, does not mean it will be a fighting game. Nor Does it mean it'll be released next year at all.

I think it's very appropriate for WB/NRS to invest in updating their trademark game, via title update. IT WILL SELL. It will please all audiences, the casual and competitive gamers (especially if they enhance the online net code).

Thank you!!!!

This petition is going to do nothing, especially since NRS has likely already moved on to MK10.

This is 100% false. Since it's been confirmed by well known competitive players that Boon specifically stated that WB/NRS would love to see MK9 return to EVO another year and they ARE considering patching the game.

This petition will strengthen their consideration. Maybe take it a step further and give us a full fledged title update (not to be confused with MK10).

It's not just for "a few hundred die-hards."
The PC version is also out now too and those people are also buying the game, so that gives them another reason to patch it.
The PC version is riding the wave of modder enthusiasm, little else. The PC version won't ever be used at Evo (even if MK9 is ever invited back again). So, again, it's only the few hundred (~500 signed at last check, inc. moi) that really want the game tweaked.

If they REALLY took the patch wrath hammer to the game, and enabled bosses (balance variants, I mean), as well as fixed the broken Klu Klux CKlan and prevalence of junk tier characters issues, then kudos to them. ...But I ain't holdin' mi breath.

They don't need to enable bosses.
If NRS really wants MK9 to be at EVO again next year, as Boon is claiming that he does, then some character buffs and nerfs are really needed so that the game is better balanced for those type of tournaments.
I am far from being a tournament player, but it would be nice to see some of the balancing come back to the game.
Sub-Zero's Ground Freeze is a perfect example, as you used to be able to combo into it and they nerfed that.
Considering that the move is a slow as hell start up, and Sub-Zero is more of a power character, NRS didn't need to nerf it.

If this petition doesn't work, I think someone in the community will listen to fan feed back and just mod the PC version to what they think MK9 should have been, but the only problem I see with that is that some of the MK/Injustice high level players whine and complain a lot and if something is changed that they don't see fit or find necessary they'll go ape shit until something happens which is bad because if we do get a MK9(Ver2013) I don't think it'll be able to breathe similar to Injustice doing the first wave of DLC.

My changes (For my Mains)

Scorpion:

-Make Hell fire +On hit
-Make B2 Safe on block (From -25 to -10) So characters can at least poke him afterwards.
-EX Teleport +On block so he can get in and stay in, because most of the Kast can lame him out easily.

Mileena:

-Make D+1 +On hit, For Christ sake.. D+1 is ASS and useless, a 6 frame poke that's useless.
-Make F+3 cancel able into roll.
-Give EX Kneckbite armor? Can be used like a DP to get out of pressure and create space.

Sub-Zero:

Just give him his ground freeze reset back, and I'm happy.

Other changes:

-Take away Kabal's EX NDC so he can't Yolo parry everything.
-Reduce start up on Cyrax and CSZ's teleport to make them viable.
-Give Ermac armor on EX lift.

Nothing TOO drastic, I really want to see the lower character step up so Top 8 can be more diverse.