Would Red Sonja fit in MK Universe or would she completely overpower everyone?

Would Red Sonja fit in MK Universe or would she completely overpower everyone?

• Yes great fit there are no female swordsmen (swordswoman)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Not really

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

muhammad

BANALITY
Red Sonja has become the archetypical example of the fantasy figure of a fierce and stunningly beautiful female barbarian who typically wears armor resembling a bikini or lingerie. She was ranked first in Comics Buyer's Guide's "100 Sexiest Women in Comics" list. She lies with no man unless he defeats her in battle, only Wolverine has done so and she becomes his mate. She has teamed up with Spiderman. There are no female swordsmen (swordswoman) in MK.

Guests are always welcome. Scorpion is a guest in Injustice. Red Sonja would probably be the best guest MK have ever seen. She wasn't voted sexiest female in comics for no reason. I'm just saying there are a lot of ninja women in MK. Keep some of them dead. Red Sonja is a barbarian. She would play completely different to other females. She's very original and well established. She will be a welcome addition, she may even take top spot for females.

SEP111348.jpg

Just make this character like Red Sonja. Zara is a non-canon character that makes an appearance in the animated series Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm and was voiced by Nancy Linari. She was a female human-looking Amazonian warrior who served as the ruler of her own realm.

History
At some point, her home dimension was conquered by the armies of Shao Kahn and incorporated into Outworld. She would form an alliance with Princess Kitana and Ramath, the Keeper of the Crystal Realm, in order to bring about an armed rebellion against Shao Kahn's forces. However, she would betray her comrades in order to gain the Swords of Ilkan during the fighting which resulted in the death of Ramath and Zara's banishment.

She would spend many years and lose many of her warriors in finding one of the Swords of Ilkan. She would later fight against Princess Kitana once again and her Earthrealm comrades. After capturing Jax in a life draining sphere made by her Sword of Ilkan, she demanded that Kitana find the remaining sword so that she could be the undisputed ruler of the realms.

After Kitana recovered the second sword, Zara and her would engage in personal combat, but when she started to lose, Zara attempted to make use of one of the Swords of Ilkan but was defeated. Kitana opened a rift into the Void and banished Zara into that realm.

Background
Zara was a skilled warrior and military commander but one that was obsessed with the acquisition of complete power. After she was banished and defeated by Kitana, she developed a great deal of enmity for the Princess of Edenia

Zara.jpg

This could e her arena. Northern lights. Seeing as she's a sorcerer kind of. So a different coloured sky would go well

post-124-1152150038.jpg

Last edited:
She looks very interesting. She can fit in the MK universe. I'd still prefer Rayne (Bloodrayne) and Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw) over her though.

She looks very interesting. She can fit in the MK universe. I'd still prefer Rayne (Bloodrayne) and Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw) over her though.

Lollipop chainsaw is a bit weird. Also a chainsaw in Mk seems overpowered. I think Jason X would be better suited. The Lollipop chainsaw I couldn't take seriously, though I did watch the story but when she kept her boyfriends head throughout story it was too much for me to continue watching it. I would like to see a pc mod on those characters (the ones you mentioned) they might turn out beter than I imagined. Though I think it should be Red Sonja because she's sexiest female in comics. And she's got a movie coming soon being played by Amber Heard, the same girl that stats in Never Back Down. I love that film.

Lollipop chainsaw is a bit weird. Also a chainsaw in Mk seems overpowered. I think Jason X would be better suited. The Lollipop chainsaw I couldn't take seriously, though I did watch the story but when she kept her boyfriends head throughout story it was too much for me to continue watching it. I would like to see a pc mod on those characters (the ones you mentioned) they might turn out beter than I imagined. Though I think it should be Red Sonja because she's sexiest female in comics. And she's got a movie coming soon being played by Amber Heard, the same girl that stats in Never Back Down. I love that film.

If Juliet will be in the game, it'd only be her WITHOUT HER BOYFRIEND'S HEAD!!! That was one thing I didn't like about LC.

A chainsaw would be PERFECT for MK actually. It's NOT so OVERpowered. It's very powerful though. It's as powerful as the Devastator weapon from MKA, the Big Cleaver from MKD, Taven's Drakesword, and weapons similar to them. In fact, Kratos' Olympus Blade is like that too or actually a little more powerful.

Juliet would be acceptable as a joke character. UNLIKE MEAT, MOKAP, and Bo Rai Cho (who should be more serious since he's a master).

As for Rayne, she can have a story that would involve Nitara.

Red Sonja can be a good addition as long as NRS finds out a way to put her in.

Last edited:
^^how do u see lollipop chainsaw fitting in? Does she have a lot of backing from her fanbase? I would like to know if ppl rather have a joke sexy character or a serious and beautiful killing machine that is red Sonja. It would be interesting to see who gets the most votes out of these two.

^^how do u see lollipop chainsaw fitting in? Does she have a lot of backing from her fanbase? I would like to know if ppl rather have a joke sexy character or a serious and beautiful killing machine that is red Sonja. It would be interesting to see who gets the most votes out of these two.

Comic book and guest characters could be seen as joke characters too.

I see those type of characters as nothing but fodder for fatality practice.
Every once in a while I go to the Fatality trainer in MK9 and practice the 55 fatalities on Kratos, just because I like to watch Kratos suffer. :laugh:
He's nothing but a joke to me, and I could never take him seriously.

Comic book and guest characters could be seen as joke characters too.

I see those type of characters as nothing but fodder for fatality practice.
Every once in a while I go to the Fatality trainer in MK9 and practice the 55 fatalities on Kratos, just because I like to watch Kratos suffer. :laugh:
He's nothing but a joke to me, and I could never take him seriously.

I agree. I've never been a fan of guest characters, I honestly think MK should stick to MK. I hated having to fight Kratos on the PS3 version, totally ruined the immersion of playing a brand new MK game for me. I don't think I ever played as him, and even though I bought season pass, I didn't download Freddy either.

Keep it pure MK. Instead of putting time into guest characters, have them put that time into new MK characters and stories.

I know it may not be what you want to hear but red Sonja is getting the writer of batgirl to do some comics for red Sonja. It's same person who did birds of prey. Red Sonja hasn't been getting the attention she deserves but that's changing for the better. Red Sonja has new movie coming soon, new comics, being voted the sexiest female in comics. She's now getting the publicity she deserves.

How does red Sonja fit in Mk? I don't have the faintest of idea. Red Sonja is mostly killings dragons and monsters and a few bad men here and there. She wouldn't have a story that fits unless she's one of dead souls which Kahn consumed. Or she could be a warrior which ermac consume.

they asked several female artists to do covers for new red Sonja and this is what best artists came up with
www.comicsalliance.com/red-sonja-1-cover-art-simone-dynamite/

I know it may not be what you want to hear but red Sonja is getting the writer of batgirl to do some comics for red Sonja. It's same person who did birds of prey. Red Sonja hasn't been getting the attention she deserves but that's changing for the better. Red Sonja has new movie coming soon, new comics, being voted the sexiest female in comics. She's now getting the publicity she deserves.

How does red Sonja fit in Mk? I don't have the faintest of idea. Red Sonja is mostly killings dragons and monsters and a few bad men here and there. She wouldn't have a story that fits unless she's one of dead souls which Kahn consumed. Or she could be a warrior which ermac consume.

they asked several female artists to do covers for new red Sonja and this is what best artists came up with
www.comicsalliance.com/red-sonja-1-cover-art-simone-dynamite/

As long as she's only DLC and not on the main roster, I don't care what other DLC character NRS decides to throw in.
They could throw in Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Roger Rabbit for all I care, as long as none of them are taking up main roster slots.

I don't have to DL the DLC characters, and I can just get the compatibility packs.

I would prefer NRS to only put MK characters in MK10, but seeing as those 2 tards (Kratos and Freddy) are in MK9 and Scorpion is in Injustice, I expect guest characters to show up in MK10 DLC.

As long as she's only DLC and not on the main roster, I don't care what other DLC character NRS decides to throw in.
They could throw in Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Roger Rabbit for all I care, as long as none of them are taking up main roster slots.

I don't have to DL the DLC characters, and I can just get the compatibility packs.

I would prefer NRS to only put MK characters in MK10, but seeing as those 2 tards (Kratos and Freddy) are in MK9 and Scorpion is in Injustice, I expect guest characters to show up in MK10 DLC.

just curious on your stance on MK characters being DLC that are new to the universe?

like did you support Skarlet in MK9? seeing as she's actually ment to be in the MK universe.

or will you only support DLC characters you happen to like that are in the MK universe.

I'm not talking about any crossovers.

I'm just curious on your stance is all.

Just curious. Would you not rather this Red Sonja person got their own game? Rather than bringing them into a game where they don't belong, have a team of people create a game based around her for an authentic experience based on the character and their universe.

It just makes no sense bringing outside characters into an already established universe the size of MKs and trying to make them fit with ladder endings and stuff. I remember someone tweeting at one of the MK developers about how there should be an additional Kamidogu because there's now a dream realm thanks to Freddy, and he just shrugged it off. Obviously this is because he's not part of the MK universe and so he was right to just shrug it off.

Let Netherealm put all their efforts into bringing us another great MK game. If I wanted crossovers I'd buy Marvel Vs Capcom, MK Vs DC, Kingdom Hearts or some other dedicated crossover title. Guest characters take away from other characters we could have had. If there had been no Kratos and no Freddy, maybe we could have gotten someone like Fujin, Shinnok or Frost.

Of course, just my opinion.

Well, Juliet can be from Earthtealm like anyone else. The zombie incident is completely over from Lollipop Chainsaw. NRS can somehow put her in with the heroes. They can figure it out.

Just curious. Would you not rather this Red Sonja person got their own game? Rather than bringing them into a game where they don't belong, have a team of people create a game based around her for an authentic experience based on the character and their universe.

It just makes no sense bringing outside characters into an already established universe the size of MKs and trying to make them fit with ladder endings and stuff. I remember someone tweeting at one of the MK developers about how there should be an additional Kamidogu because there's now a dream realm thanks to Freddy, and he just shrugged it off. Obviously this is because he's not part of the MK universe and so he was right to just shrug it off.

Let Netherealm put all their efforts into bringing us another great MK game. If I wanted crossovers I'd buy Marvel Vs Capcom, MK Vs DC, Kingdom Hearts or some other dedicated crossover title. Guest characters take away from other characters we could have had. If there had been no Kratos and no Freddy, maybe we could have gotten someone like Fujin, Shinnok or Frost.

Of course, just my opinion.

Guest characters is a publicity stunt. Kratos trailer got millions of views. It attracts a wider audience and it reaches out to fans of other franchises. Red Sonja is brutal and she's far from a role model. She drinks, she's lusty. Still she remains brutal and super sexy at same time. She's got dark side because she's the she-devil with a sword. She fought Spiderman.

just curious on your stance on MK characters being DLC that are new to the universe?

like did you support Skarlet in MK9? seeing as she's actually ment to be in the MK universe.

or will you only support DLC characters you happen to like that are in the MK universe.

I'm not talking about any crossovers.

I'm just curious on your stance is all.

As long as they're MK characters I don't see the harm.
Regardless of whether I like that particular guest character / character or not, I will download the compatibility packs for it.
If someone wants to buy that stupid character, who am I to tell them no?

Skarlet was a purchase that I ended up regretting because her playstyle doesn't appeal to me, and I don't ever use her.
I was curious about her, bought her when she came out and I did -at one point in time (for months)-try to get good with her.
She just didn't appeal to me, but I did give her a try.
A few months ago, I deleted all my MK9 data.
I re-downloaded Rain and all the compatibility packs, but tried to keep the roster purely UMK3.

The point that I'm trying to make is that regardless, I will always get the compatibility packs, but buying the DLC characters (for me) are dependent on how interesting I find the character(s).
Hindsight being 20/20, I now see that getting Skarlet was a big mistake for me and won't do that again until I see more gameplay videos and study the DLC characters moves and playstyle more.

My current rules for getting new DLC characters has its exceptions, though.
1 of them being RAIN and the other exception being Tremor.
Those 2 characters always seem to get shit on by NRS and I want to support them as much as possible.
I thought that it was bullshit that they axed RAIN for CSZ and QUAN CHI, but I'll leave that conversation for another time.

Anyone can fit in the MK Universe, all they have to do is write them into the story and make them a character. Whether the fans accept them into the Mortal Kombat club is another thing. I wan't to see Hulk Hogan in MK10.

Hogan vs Goro

Anyone can fit in the MK Universe, all they have to do is write them into the story and make them a character. Whether the fans accept them into the Mortal Kombat club is another thing. I wan't to see Hulk Hogan in MK10.

Hogan vs Goro

Not really.
They wrote a bio and ladder ending for both Kratos and Freddy Krueger, and those 2 mix in the MK Universe as much as water and oil do.
People bought Freddy for the sake of having the iconic 80s killer in Mortal Kombat, but he doesn't fit in that universe.

Not really.
They wrote a bio and ladder ending for both Kratos and Freddy Krueger, and those 2 mix in the MK Universe as much as water and oil do.
People bought Freddy for the sake of having the iconic 80s killer in Mortal Kombat, but he doesn't fit in that universe.
Kratos fits in MK and so does Freddy.
If they werent from anything else and were just in MK, folk wouldn't complain. Its the fact they aren't from the MK club that people go nuts.
Freddys and undead ghost who haunts peoples dreams and kills them, Kratos is a demigod who hideously kills people out of vengeance. Seems to fit to me.

If it were Pikachu I could understand but I never really saw good reasons why Freddy and Kratos shouldn't be in the game.

Kratos fits in MK and so does Freddy.
If they werent from anything else and were just in MK, folk wouldn't complain. Its the fact they aren't from the MK club that people go nuts.
Freddys and undead ghost who haunts peoples dreams and kills them, Kratos is a demigod who hideously kills people out of vengeance. Seems to fit to me.

If it were Pikachu I could understand but I never really saw good reasons why Freddy and Kratos shouldn't be in the game.

MK is more about a fighting game tournament that determines the fate of the world, in which Freddy (a psychotic serial killer) and Kratos (a selfish Spartan) would other-wise have no interest in, and would give less than 2 flying turds about.
The fact that NRS wrote in a quick 5 minute bio and ending for them =/= them fitting in. You could practically do that for any character in any universe. Doesn't mean that they clash well.