Custom Scorpion Sprites

mjdb51594

These are custom scorpion sprites I made. Ryu from street fighter 3 alpha was what I used for the base of him. Take a look and tell me what you think. I did all this on MS Paint. I'm a newbie at custom editing so bare with me please. I'm also new to this thread. Brand new in fact. So check them out!
Thread sprites.jpg

Man I'm just having all kinds of trouble with my thread. Anyways thanks zteven3000 for the comment. Yeah lol he is a little buff for a skeleton :p. Anything I need to work on more? Any ideas? All criticism, good or bad, is appreciated.

Also you think he would be a good scorpion to put in mugen. Sorta like Binhos. Of course I'm no where near as good as him but I can edit these ryu sprites into a cartoon version of him.

Lol thanks. When I'm done with the whole sprite sheet I'll put it up in its full size and you can use it however. :)

Thanks immortal reaver. I'll totally implement that into my sprites! If anyone has anymore ideas or things to say, just fire away! :)

I edited a kung fu man sprite into my style. Could you see him like this in mugen?
s_x00.png
And what do you guys think of an animation I'm doing for ichigo with various sprite sheets?

yeah I'd thin him down, especially in the arms and thighs, a little detailing on his yellow parts, and maybe rethink your shadows and how they would work with the muscle. And the ninja belt/sash part is pretty wonky in a few of the frames, and isn't really shaded. Although it does completely depend on the style your going for or attempting to match, as that will be the only real thing we'd be able to judge you on. If you do want to be judged in comparison to Binho, (I just looked his stuff up) following the above should help you out.

Trilogy thanks! About binho I was going for his style with the scorpion custom sprites I did of ryu up above. For kung fu man I wasn't going for a particular style. I'll take the advice gratefully though and work something out. I'll upload the revised sprite soon. Thanks again.

nice! honestly though i feel a little mislead, i thought i was going to see a certain beverage with a certain kharacter on it but, hot damn nice sprites.

Squirrelpion, I'm glad you like them. I've actually started working on a mortal kombat screenpack for mugen and it came out alright. Look it up on my youtube channel, Malcolm Bearden. :) I've started another channel called RantsFMJ also. It might be completely unrelated to mortal kombat but I thought you guys would be interested with what I've been doing.

oo lord I've been gone for a while. I have some more sprites I'd like some feedback on. This one's a different scorpion in his original pose. I even used the original mortal kombat 2 scorpion for the base sprites. Scorpion - Sub-Zero.png