Star Wars: Battlefront

Season passes are becoming a standard. Destiny had one, MKX had one, Fallout 4 has one, Saints Row had one, Batman had one, COD has one, hell even WWE 2K16 has one.

You're gonna be refusing to buy a lot of games if you follow the same mindset.

Season passes are becoming a standard. Destiny had one, MKX had one, Fallout 4 has one, Saints Row had one, Batman had one, COD has one, hell even WWE 2K16 has one.

Or you could wait until said games come with a GOTY version or complete version and buy it cheaper.
The downside is that more people will beat you at it, but there ARE options for not buying into the whole season pass business model.
I'm pretty sure that after KP2 comes out, WB / NRS will later also release a Komplete / Ultimate Edition of MKX with all the DLC for $60.
Again, though, the people that wait that long for that edition will likely have their asses handed to them by those that have spend more time with the game.
I don't see why the same scenario wouldn't be likely for Battlefront.
Season passes were created more for people who MUST play it now with the "full experience."

Waiting that long to buy a game is a huge downside to me. I've been waiting for another Battlefront for years so I'd rather not wait a year or more to buy the game after release. It's not even a matter of other people being more experienced, it's just having to wait that long is a frustrating task in itself.

Waiting that long to buy a game is a huge downside to me. I've been waiting for another Battlefront for years so I'd rather not wait a year or more to buy the game after release. It's not even a matter of other people being more experienced, it's just having to wait that long is a frustrating task in itself.

Sure, but again, that's you.
For me it's like that with MK; I want everything and I want it now, so I'll pay a little extra for it.
Not everyone is like that, though, and some people would rather wait for good deals on these games.
Not everyone wants to spend $60 for a game in which you also have to buy DLC and other things that cost more to feel like you're getting the "full" experience.
Some people would rather wait to get the game, with all the DLC included in a special edition for $60.
We've come to the day and age where developers sell games that are incomplete or sell games with season passes on Day 1, and people are getting fed up with it.

For me, FO4, Batman, and any other game that isn't MK or Dishonored related can wait, so I'll gladly wait for the complete versions of those games, and get them later on.

I refuse to pay more for less. It's a crap standard that seems to pollute these games.

Battlefront was incomplete at launch, so why am I paying 60/90/119 dollars plus tax for an incomplete game? That's just asinine.

Plus, the difference between those games and Battlefront at least they had tons of content on release. It's like paying 60 dollars for half the pie and for $50 dollars you get to have the other half.

Last edited:
Saw this at a friend's place. Was told by my brother that I had to get it for the PC but my boyfriend and I decided against it.

On the PS4, so if anyone wants to play just lemme know :)

is there a way to make it so you always play as imperial? I don't want it to keep randomly making me play as rebels.

I'll wait for an "All DLC in one package for a cheap price" retail package for this game, as it stands now it's not worth 60 bucks.

Joe is definitely right. Battlefront II on the PC and my ps2 is a lot better game then this new Battlefront.

this game is far from perfect, and I find myself cursing at EA everytime I die like "thanks obama"

But dammit it's still so much fun. I'm not one to play alot of modern games so I'm not burned out by playing military shooters every year, so I cant say been there done that as much as others who criticize the game. I finally feel like a shitbag coming home from work and getting on the mic and playing for hours. And one of the few things I'd actually buy DLC for cause..... its star wars man! Jakku is intense! I love it. really builds hype for episode 7.

It could use some more content at launch and yeah it aint exactly like Battlefront 2, but it aint 2004 either... Its not the best, but it isnt the antichrist like all the whiners on the internet making it out to be. Now excuse me I just unlocked the scout trooper i gotta scout for that ass.

Saw this at a friend's place. Was told by my brother that I had to get it for the PC but my boyfriend and I decided against it.

On the PS4, so if anyone wants to play just lemme know :)

My friend is getting me the game for Christmas. On PS4.

this game is far from perfect, and I find myself cursing at EA everytime I die like "thanks obama"

But dammit it's still so much fun. I'm not one to play alot of modern games so I'm not burned out by playing military shooters every year, so I cant say been there done that as much as others who criticize the game. I finally feel like a shitbag coming home from work and getting on the mic and playing for hours. And one of the few things I'd actually buy DLC for cause..... its star wars man! Jakku is intense! I love it. really builds hype for episode 7.

It could use some more content at launch and yeah it aint exactly like Battlefront 2, but it aint 2004 either... Its not the best, but it isnt the antichrist like all the whiners on the internet making it out to be. Now excuse me I just unlocked the scout trooper i gotta scout for that ass.

I feel the same way, dude. If it weren't for Fallout 4 I'd be blasting my way up to that Scout Trooper and Twi'lek.

This guy sums it up perfectly.