Superman: Kneel Before Me

Gurimmjaw

MRbIsLu.jpg

SUPERMAN!!!!

Well I decided to make a Superman guide as I have not seen a thread dedicated to him at all and im probably the only Superman player here and who mains him. So I decided to help people out who might be interested in learning Superman and put this guide up for people to look at. I will add more stuff when I mind more effective stuff with him.

He can play as a zoning character or strictly rushdown. However It good to do a mix of both to really use him effectively.

Legend
1 = Light Attack
2 = Medium Attack
3 = Heavy Attack
4= Trait
MB = Meter Burn Button.
B = Back (Away from opponent)
F = Forward (Towards opponent)
J = Jump in punch
+ = Press both inputs at the same time

Pros and Cons
Spoiler:

Pros:

-High damaging corner combos
-Great mix ups
-good pokes
-great pressuring tools
-can play either zoning or rushdown
-has one of the best traits and can break the traits of characters like Doomsday and others.
-has an air dash which can be used to evade certain attacks or for doing mix ups
-F23 safe on block and is very quick
-easy to pick up

Cons:

-Slow start up on his laser specials.
-Slow recovery on heat zap
-223/22 scoop 50/50 mix up can be fuzzy guarded
-Requires meter to do high damage
-Has no J1 or J2 cross up
-blocked low scoop can be punished along with d+f3
-slow start up on F3 overhead

Basic Attacks:

Spoiler:

b1
b2
b3
f2
f3
d+f3
d1
d2
d3
j1
j2
j3

Combo Attacks:

Spoiler:

b23
f23
f2d1
f2d13

Bounce Cancels:
ff MB Button
bb MB button

BnB Combos:

Spoiler:

F23, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~flying punch=25%
F23, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~rising grab heat vision=27%
F23, F23, F2~low scoop, 11~breath
F23, F2, MB super breath, dash, b3, j3, f2, low scoop, 3~ flying punch=35%
F23, F2, MB Super breath, dash, b3, j3, f2, low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=36%
F2D1, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~flying punch=20%
F2D1, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~ rising grab~heat vision=22%
111~low scoop, F23, F23~flying punch=24%
111~low scoop, 3~super breath=25%
111~low scoop, 22~MB Breath, b3, 3~rising grab~heat vision=32%
111~low scoop, 22~MB Breath, b3, 3~rising punch=31%
22~low scoop, F2~MB Breath, b3, j3, 3~flying punch=33%
223,F23, F2~low scoop, 3~flying punch=28%
223,F23, F2~low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=30%
223, F23, F2~MB Breath, B3, J3, 3~flying punch=37%
B1~low scoop,F23, 3~flying punch=20%
B1~low scoop, F23, F23~ flying punch=21%
B1~low scoop, F23, F23~ rising grab~heat vision=23%
D1~low scoop, F23, F23~flying punch=21%
D1~low scoop, F23, F23~rising grab~heat vision=22%
D2, F23, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=21%
D2, F23, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~flying punch=23%
B3, J3, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~flying punch=35%
B3, J3, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=36%
F3, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~flying punch=35%
F3, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision-36%

Trait BnB combos

F23~trait, F23, F2~ low scoop, 3 ~flying punch=31%
F23~trait, F23, F2~ low scoop, 3 ~rising grab~heat vision=33%
F23~trait, F2~MB Breath,b3, j3, f2~low scoop, 3~ flying punch=42%%
F23~trait, F2~MB Breath,b3, j3, f2~low scoop, 3~ rising grab~heat vision=44%
223, F23~trait, F2~low scoop, 3~flying punch=32%
223, F23~trait, F2~low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=34%
F3~trait, F23, F2~ low scoop, 3~flying punch=34%
F3~trait, F23, F2~ low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=36%

BnB Corner Combos
F23, 3~ heat zap~MB Breath, heat zap, 3~low scoop, 3~ flying punch=54%
F23, 3~ heat zap~MB Breath, heat zap, 3~low scoop, 3~ rising grab~heat vision=55%
F23~ heat zap,3~MB Breath, heat zap, 3~low scoop, 3~flying punch=64%
F23~ heat zap,3~MB Breath, heat zap, 3~low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=66%
F23, 3~trait, 3~ MB Breath, Heat zap, 3~ low scoop, 3~flying punch=57%
F23, 3~trait, 3~ MB Breath, Heat zap, 3~ low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=59%
223, 3~trait, 3~ MB Breath, Heat zap, 3~ low scoop, 3~flying punch=62%
223, 3~trait, 3~ MB Breath, Heat zap, 3~ low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=64%
F3, 3~ heat zap, 3~ MB Breath, heat zap, 3~ low scoop, 3~ flying punch=56%
F3, 3~ heat zap, 3~ MB Breath, heat zap, 3~ low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=58%
F3, 3~ trait, 3~ MB Breath, heat zap, 3~ low scoop, 3~flying punch=60%
F3, 3~ trait, 3~ MB Breath, heat zap, 3~ low scoop, 3~rising grab~heat vision=62%

Special Moves:

Spoiler:

db2- super breath: This is a very useful special of his and can be used to push the opponent back or the MB version which can create many combo opportunities and set ups

db1- heat vision: Good zoing tool to use
db1(air)- heat vision: Same with regular heat vision
df2- rising grab: Very useful and can be used to avoid corner pressure letting you go on to the other side.
bf3- flying punch: Regular version of this moves goes half screen and MB version goes full screen. This can be used to get in close without dashing in.
d3(in air)- Flying ground smash: It's a good tool to use when combined with Superman's air dash
db3- heat zap: Very powerful special and if you are full screen and heat zap connects you can use super which will grant you 48%. Great tool for zoning.
df1- low scoop: Low scoop is great for using in combo strings and can confuse the opponent so it best used in combo strings.

Character Power:

Spoiler:

Fury of Krypton - Trait Button
All moves ignore armor and have increased damage.
Air Dash - ff or bb
Usable only in the air.

Superman Strategies:

Spoiler:

F23 and Super Breath pressure

f23,super breath or f2,super breath is your main pressure string that you will be using with Superman.These strings leave you at an advantage on block but there is a possibility of other hits trading with F23 or possibilty being punished, but it is still safe. When opponent blocks a F23 watch out for a d1 as that what they will usually go for afterwards after blocking your F23. After F23 you have many options.

You can d1 afterwards. Superman's d1 will beat most normals. However watch out for other D1's like Nightwing's and Hawkgirl's.

Cross up J3, F23~super breath is a great option to use and sometimes confuses the opponent.

Jump back air dash, J3

Wait and react and attempt a throw after your F23 has been blocked.

I also recommend a jumping 3(not cross up) after they block a F23. It is very useful and catches them off guard.

mix up strings

The most common 50/50 for Superman is 223 and 22~low scoop but Superman has many other mix up options which also consist of 11, and 11~low scoop or F23 and F2D1

Trait

Superman's trait is very useful. With this trait all your attacks will get increased damage. Not only that but all your attacks will gain armor breaking properties. This will break through the armor of Doomsday, Grundy, Bane, and certain character's super moves.

Wake Up Attacks

Superman does not have the best wake ups but his options are rising grab and low scoop. However his rising grab is safe and can't be punished when his feet reaches the ground. Requires good timing with these two. So don't use them recklessly as wake up attacks. Rising grab is also a good option to swap positions to the other side.

Corner set up

fter a J2, or J3 in the corner you can mix them up with an overhead Flying Ground Smash, or two different lows, b1 and Low Scoop. Both specials are highly punishable. However if you go for the b1 normal you can make it safe by using a Super Breath or MB Super Breath.

Taken from TYM ""Trying to land hits with Superman in the corner is VERY important, more so than most I'd argue. My general strategy is to save the tricky mix-ups for corner pressure, so that once I get them there I take 60% in one shot with a mix-up they haven't seen. Midscreen I play safe and predictable, focusing on whiff punishing and match-up exploitation / punishes. Now though, the people I play have started blocking my mix-ups more consistently. When I carry them to the corner I don't get a hit as often. Here are some tricks that have helped me open up players in my community who REALLY know how to block (marvel players):

- j.2 or 3 xx j.D3. This functions as a fairly quick double overhead, and is completely counter-intuitive to the typical "block high for jump-in, block low" pattern that is so many do habitually. The dive is unsafe, but I only ever go for this on their first life bar, or if they have no clash. You get 73% 1 trait + meter if you pull this out at the right time."

Anti-Wakeup Tech - Instant Air Ground Smash

After a hard knockdown Superman can OTG with flying ground smash. To do this you need to use D3, and then his flying ground smash.

Cross up ideas and options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSM_o73QlIA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7NL8CweZOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac4WMZfu0WE

Also it is a good idea to end the combos you do with D3 to keep the pressure going.
Anti-Air's:

For anti airs Superman has D2, 2, and db2, and 3

Superman matches:

Sweet. I did the Heat Zap to his Super Move with the trait on. Does 58% unopposed damage. And thanks for telling about those BnB corners. Helped me well, although it took me time to get it right.

Btw, you can make his guide colors Blue and Red. Blue for the descriptions and moveset and Red for the titles.

Sweet. I did the Heat Zap to his Super Move with the trait on. Does 58% unopposed damage. And thanks for telling about those BnB corners. Helped me well, although it took me time to get it right.

Btw, you can make his guide colors Blue and Red. Blue for the descriptions and moveset and Red for the titles.

Yeah with trait on and doing heat zap into super does 58%. You can also F23, 3~heat zap, super and you get similar damage.

And no problem about the corner BnB combos. They are very useful. Have used them in a match already. Make sure to use your trait in corner too. You can get high as 72%. It not hard to do either. However don't use F2D1 in the middle of these corner combos. It decreases damage. You can thank damage scaling for that.

And was going to do that but was tired. Will do it today after I get some sleep. Though my way reversed blue for titles and red for description.