Scorpion Thread: To Hell with you!

People like to have somewhat of an advantage, and possibly not let OP stuff get out before they can take advantage of it first.

So why even mention it?

You should just edit the first post. Call it the Scorpion Guide, and when you open the thread it just says "Lol kidding only I get to know how to use him"

Well while you horde away on your secret tech, I'll help out those who actually thought this was a guide ;)

Not the most optimal combos, but I haven't really experimented with b1 and b2 yet

Random tidbits. Hopefully thread gets updated

Learning to hitconfirm his 1,1 string is important. Blocked go to 1, 1, 2 xx flip kick or Ex Teleport. Hit use 1, 1, Shroud into bnb of choice

First hit of 1,1 is high. So players with Scorp experience will d2 you out of it if you attempt it after every blocked jump in.

After B2 there is a small window in which you can dash further to juggle. This is more optimal than the standard teleport-juggle after b2.

Condition people to wake up jumping by hitting them with Hellfire on wake up. Then on full screen knockdown, hit them with meaty Spears.

Speaking of hit confirms.... I have one that is similar to Doomsday's. JI3 and if it connects do 113~MB Spear. If it's blocked, do a leg sweep for an overhead into a low. You could also go into just a normal sweep.

But I personally never use a naked spear, it's way too punishable by probably every character. I stick to hit confirming it in combos. A big part of being a good Scorpion player is playing as safe as possible. He is a risk/reward character, but you can still try to get away with things as often as possible.

It's meaty, not naked.

It can be punished on block by Aqua, Wing, Raven (At medium range in normal stance, full screen in Demon), Adam, Grundy, Stroke, Quin and a few others.

This is why you condition them to try to avoid the Hellfire.

It can be punished on block by Nightwing, Batman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Superman, Raven, Aquaman, Scorpion, Shazam, Batgirl, Joker, Harley, Grundy, Lex, Deathstroke, Ares, Killer Frost, Doomsday, Sinestro, and Black Adam.

Last edited:
Which is why you condition them.

Scorpion is high risk high reward. Conditioning them to do what you want lowers the risk.