Green Lantern: Damn straight.

character_bio_576_greenlantern.jpg

Green Lantern

Profile:
Spoiler:
Origin: Earth
Race: Human

Short Bio:
A former test pilot, Hal Jordan was chosen to join the Green Lantern Corps because of his fearless heroic nature. His power ring, which he uses to create anything he can think of, is powered by his will.

Powers and Abilities:
Incredible willpower
Fierce, fearless fighter
With possession of the Power Ring, he can imagine and create any hard light construct with his ring
Flight

The key to using Hal in this game can be varied depending on the user's playstyle, as he is an all-round character with specials and normals that can be used at whatever range. As a rushdown character, using his trait plus his juggling combos will be the key to crippling your opponents as well as his mixups. As a zoner, he has the tools needed to keep them in check and combos that can knock away his opponent. Also, his Lantern's Might is one of his most powerful moves in his arsenal. Don't hesitate to throw it in, but not recklessly.

Moveset:

Basic Keys:
F-Forward
B-Back
D-Down (Duck)
U-Up (Jump)
1-Light Attack
2-Medium Attack
3-Heavy Attack
4-Character Ability (Power or Trait)
LB(L1)-Throw Button
RB(R1)-Environment Interaction Button or EIB for short
LT(L2)-Flip Stance
RT(R2)-Meter Button

Frame Data Abbreviations:
Start-Up: SU
Hit Advantage: HA
Recovery Frames: RF
Block Advantage: BA

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler:
Pros:
-Very good mix-ups in his combos
-All-round character, making him either rushdown or zoner, depending on ones playstyle
-His specials have very good properties, if used correctly
-Good baiting traps

Cons:
-Somewhat slow mobility
-Despite him hovering on the ground, he doesn't have a air dash
-Has the weakest Super Move
-Reliance on the super meter for his signature combos (in courtesy of Known_Hero)
-Very limited wake-up options (in courtesy of Known_Hero)

Basic Attacks:
Spoiler:
Ring Cross: 1 (SU-7/HA-18/RF-16/BA--2)
Push Kick: 2 (SU-10/HA-13/RF-24/BA--9)
Hurricane Kick: 3 (SU-20/HA-12/RF-18/BA-13)=Can be delayed by holding down button and can be dash canceled during the delay
Feet Slide: B+1 (SU-9/HA-2/RF-21/BA--12)
Low Ring Jab: D+1 (SU-7/HA-14/RF-12/BA-0)
Forward Punch: F+2 (SU-16/HA-22/RF-13/BA-2)
Sweeping Uppercut: B+2 (SU-14/HA-11/RF-24/BA--2)
Rising Cut (Uppercut): D+2 (SU-/HA-/RF-/BA-)
High Tension: B+3 (SU-29/HA-76/RF-24/BA-7)
Standing Flipkick: F+3 (SU-18/HA-71/RF-28/BA-3)
Low Cross (Sweep): D+3 (SU-13/HA-25/RF-22/BA--9)

Basic Preset Combos:
Spoiler:
Triple Barrage: 1, 2 (SU-10/HA--7/RF-25/BA--17) 3 Hits-7%: Sometimes can stop MB attacks as the 3 hits are quick enough to stop some attacks from being fully executed.
Volley Smash: 1, 2, 3 (SU-18/HA-47/RF-27/BA--3) 4 Hits-11%
Justice is Served: B+1, 2 (SU-20/HA-30/RF-34/BA-0) 2 Hits-11%: Last hit is an overhead.
Parallel Nature: B+1, 3 (SU-13/HA-62/RF-38/BA--4) 2 Hits-7%: Second hit pops up the opponent into the air.
Warp Power: 2, 2 (SU-13/HA-6/RF-27/BA--4) 2 Hits-5%
Hyperbollic: 2, 2, 3 (SU-12/HA-37/RF-25/BA--1) 3 Hits-9%: Can be canceled into his specials after the 3rd attack.
Grand Slam: 2, 2, 3, 1 (SU-20/HA-50/RF-32/BA--2) 4 Hits-14%
True Might: F+2, D+1 (SU-17/HA-58/RF-22/BA--6) 2 Hits-6%: Last hit is an overhead and bounces the opponent
Guardian: F+2, D+1, 3 (SU-13/HA-49/RF-23/BA-1) 3 Hits-12%
Lantern Corps: B+2, 3 (SU-18/HA-15/RF-25/BA-4) 2 Hits-8%
Brightest Day: B+2, 3, 3 (SU-19/HA-57/RF-25/BA--3) 3 Hits-16%

Special Moves:
Spoiler:
Oa's Rocket: B, F+1 (can also be done in the air)[although the MB version can only be used on the ground, it will make Lantern detonate the projectile mid-flight or after connecting to the opponent, to launch them up and bring them in a bit] Normal version-8%/MB version-2 Hits-17%

Rocket Power: D, B+2 (Mid)/D, B+2, B (Close)/D, B+2, F (Far)[MB version will make him shoot a third rocket across the screen that can knock the opponent down] Normal version-10%/MB version-2 Hits-18%

Lantern's Might: D, B+1: Has insane hit and range box. [MB version will make him do another slam that will bounce the opponent high up in the air] Normal version-2 Hits-6%/MB version-3 Hits-10%

Minigun: B, F+2 [MB version will make Lantern spray more shots for additional hits and damage] Normal version-4 Hits-7%/MB version-14 Hits-20%

Turbine Smash: B, F+3 (can be also done in the air): Best used if you need to close in on your opponent fast. [MB version will make Jordan toss the turbine at the opponent as a projectile instead] Normal version/MB version-8%

Character Ability:
Green Lantern's Light- Will cause Green Lantern to shine for 10 seconds, increasing his overall damage and add certain properties to the following specials:

-His normal Rocket Power will cause a pop-up on a clean hit.
-Minigun's attack range increases.
-Will cause a slight bounce up on his normal Lantern's Might, making combo juggles possible without wasting meter.
-His execution of the Turbine Smash becomes slightly faster.

After used, the cooldown only lasts for 5 seconds before it can be used again.

Super Move:
Spoiler:
Beware My Power: LT+RT-A close, yet wide range attack which can be used as a combo ender or as anti-air. Although would not recommend using at all due to being THE weakest super ever.=4 Hits-31%

Custom Combos:
Spoiler:

Meterless Combos:
Spoiler:
B+1, 3, GL's Light, Lantern's Might~2, 2, 3, 1=8 Hits-22%
F+2, D+1, GL's Light, Lantern's Might~2, 2, 3, Minigun=11 Hits-23%
*B+3 or F+3~Jump in 2~B+1, 3, GL's Light, Lantern's Might~B+1, 3, Lantern's Might=Hits-30%

Meter Combos: (including Bounce Cancels)
Spoiler:
B+1, 3, GL's Light, Lantern's Might~2, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~*B+3, MB Oa's Rocket~2, 2, 3, Lantern's Might=18 Hits 36%
F+2, D+1, B, B+MB~Jump in 2~2, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~MB Minigun=24 Hits-36%
1, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~*B+3~MB Oa's Rocket~2, 2, 3, Lantern's Might=15 Hits-39%(43% if trait is active)
F+2, D+1, GL's Light, Lantern's Might~2, 2, 3, MB Oa's Rocket~2, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~*B+3~B+1=17 Hits-40%
F+2, D+1, GL's Light, Lantern's Might~2, 2, 3, MB Oa's Rocket~2, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~MB Minigun= 28 Hits-42%
GL's Light, MB Oa's Rocket~Jump in 2~2, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~B+3, Jump in 3=11 Hits-46% (in courtesy of Known_Hero for the combo)

Super Combos:
Spoiler:
B+1, 3, GL's Light, Lantern's Might~2, 2, Super Move=10 Hits-34%
1, 2, 3, Super Move=8 Hits-36%(38% if trait is active)
*B+3 or F+3~Jump in 2~B+2, 3, Super Move=8 Hits-40% (43% if trait is active)

Injustice Combos: (includes environment interaction)
Spoiler:
1, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~B+3~EIB~MB Oa's Rocket~2, 2, 3, Lantern's Might=16 Hits-40%
1, 2, EIB~2, 2, 3, MB Oa's Rocket~2, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~*B+3=(w/o transition)16 Hits-38%/(w transition)x Hits-x% (the x is determined number of hits and damage depending on type of arena transition)
GL's Light, MB Oa's Rocket~2, 2, EIB~2, 2, 3, MB Lantern's Might~*B+3=(w/o transition) 13 Hits-47%/(w transition)x Hits-x% (the x is determined number of hits and damage depending on type of arena transition)
F+2, EIB~B+1, 3, GL's Light, Lantern's Might~2, 2, Super Move=12 Hits-37%

*May cause level transition if opponent is close enough to corner perimeter to be sent to the next part of arena.

Strategic Planning
Spoiler:
General Strategy: The general strategy is using Lantern very efficiently is using his meter during his combos, as most of his damaging combos mainly rely on using meter to keep his opponents juggling in the air. Don't be afraid to throw in Lantern's Might to keep your opponent in check, but not recklessly. He has very good mix-up options, so try to be more variant on your normal combos.

Zoners: There are two ways you can go about in this situation. First option is zoning right back with air Oa's Rocket, Minigun or MB Turbine Smash (although not recommended due to the move not doing any higher damage in MB version). Another option is closing in with the air Turbine Smash, landing at a safe spot. If within certain range, you can throw in Lantern's Might to stop their zoning momentum and head in with your offensive assault.

Rushdowns and Pressurers: If they try to close in really fast, use your minigun (both normal and MB versions) to keep them at bay. Also if they're not crossing up, and coming down in the air, use Lantern's Might to stop them at their tracks before either continuing to zone, or go on with the rushdown assault, including his signature BnB combos.

Last edited:
Fun Facts:
Spoiler:
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

Before opening the Gameplay Videos section, the oath of the Green Lantern must be recited. For those who don't remember it by heart, here's the spoiler of it at the end of this page.

Gameplay Videos:
Spoiler:
VFD

Oath of the Green Lantern Corps:
Spoiler:
In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!

Last edited:
Oath of the Green Lantern Corps:
Spoiler:
In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!

Now can I open it?

Some more cons for Green Lantern...

Dependancy on meter
Most of his bnb require at least one bar of meter. His meterless combos options are from Trait activated Lantern's Might +b1+2. You can activate trait F2+D1+Lantern's Might+B2+1 for a low 20%'er. That's pretty much all you're getting from no bar Green Lantern.

Bad wake up options
Lantern's Might is his ONLY wake up attack option. However, it's an extremely bad one. It doesn't protect against direct jump ins(think Batman's JI2) and it's negative on block.

Let's move on to trait techniques

Trait Canceling
You can cancel the trait activatation animation with any special attack. His most useful trait cancel is Lantern's Might because it can be used during a combo. From my knowledge, you can only Lantern's Might trait cancel from B2+1 and F2+D1.

Trait baiting
Activate trait at mid screen to bait your into attacking, cancel animate with Lantern's might or MB Oa's Rocket and let the combos fly!
My highest damaging combo is trait cancel Oa's rocket MB+ J2,2+2+3, Lantern's Might MB, B3+J3=46%

I will provide more combos later.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Added description to the General Strategy part in the Strategic Planning section, while also added more in the Pros and Cons section in courtesy of Known_Hero. And added combos in Meterless, Meter and Super Combos in the Custom Combos section.

Spoiler:
dc76352a-4c4a-46d0-9963-629288544603_zpsdeac93eb.jpg

Spoiler:

Red: Oa’s rocket (whiffs on crouch)
Green: Rocket power (close = 2 character spaces; normal = 5; far = 8; hits crouching, whiffs Cat stance)
Purple: Machine gun (6 character spaces; hits crouch and Cat stance)
Brown: Turbine (8 character spaces; hits crouching and Cat stance)
White: Lantern’s might (3.5 character spaces; hits crouching, Cat stance and HG Flight)

Blue: Standing 1
Blue dots: Back 1 (1.5 character spaces; at certain ranges it will hit cat stance)
Blue double line: Down 1

Yellow: Standing 2 (1.75 character spaces; at certain ranges it will hit cat stance)
Yellow dots Back 2
Yellow dash: Forward 2
Yellow double line: down 2 (vertical kind of hit box; overlaps with B+3)

Orange: Standing 3
Orange dots: Back 3 (hits crouching and cat stance)
Orange dash: Forward 3
Orange double line: down 3

Thanks iVital. Although I won't paste to the op. But a nice idea to see the hit ranges of every move.

By the way, The minigun goes half screen without trait but can go 3/4 screen with trait active.

Some more BnBs

-Lantern's Might MB+B3,JI3,2+2+3+Lantern's Might=32%

-B2+1+Trait cancel Lantern's Might+B3,JI3,2+2+3+Lantern's Might=33%(can also be used without trait cancel)

-2+2+3,Lantern's Might MB, B3,JI3, 2+2+3+Lantern's Might=33%
F3+D1, Trait cancel Lantern's Might MB, B3,JI3, 2+2+Lantern's Might=35%(can also be used without trait cancel)

-JI3+Lantern's Might MB, B3,JI3, 2+2+3+Lantern's Might=40%

-F3+2+Oa's Rocket MB+JI2+2+2+Lantern's Might MB+B3=40%

Don't know any of his corner stuff. He has a 1+2+3 starter but I never use it.

Random tips

-JI3, F3, and B1 are REALLY good.

-Don't be afraid to spam lantern's might if your opponent isn't punishing you.

-Use Minigun at the end of a blocked string to prevent a punish. Minigun is also good for chewing up armor.

-Mix up B2+1 with B2+2 to keep your opponent guessing.

-Only use Turbine smash from a distance where you can land safety away from your opponent.

-Rocket power is useless.

Last edited:
Not trying to be a know-it-all or a dick, but I kinda expected more from this thread man. I was kinda hoping for a decent informative guide over Green Lantern, You listed Pros/Cons, Strings, Combos and that's it. I gave you the space control picture to use as a reference when writing up on his specials and normals, and when I say "Write up" I mean a decent description on them all, telling when to use them, how to use them, and answering key question like "If I use this string (B1,2) from this distance and they're blocking it 95% of the time, then I can set myself up in the range of my string (B1,2) for a dash in throw" (<--- Footsies 101) or "If you use this combo from this string, here are your Oki options and reset options from here".

There was sooooooo much more you could've expanded on in this thread.

Sorry. But I haven't playing a whole lot besides last night. Work is a real killer Vital.

I understand that, but this info should've been in the guide from Day 1.

I had to put in hours of my day into creating the Mileena 2.0 thread, and everything from the OP to the 2nd post was already in the guide before I posted it.

I usually think about it on the spot...... Even though I could've added more stuff... And who's says it's gonna be a huge encyclopedia in the guides? I'm just putting in as much info, the best way I can think of.

I usually think about it on the spot...... Even though I could've added more stuff... And who's says it's gonna be a huge encyclopedia in the guides? I'm just putting in as much info, the best way I can think of.

See, that's the thing. YOU'RE not the only one reading it, other people are trying to level up from this so you have to think about it from the readers POV. I didn't have a guide to learn Mileena in my MK9 days, so I had to learn the basic fundamentals of the game AND character specifics on my own then when I mustered up the confidence to write my own guide I'd think about what I would like to know about the character if I had solid fundamentals and was ready to have a secondary character.

See, that's the thing. YOU'RE not the only one reading it, other people are trying to level up from this so you have to think about it from the readers POV. I didn't have a guide to learn Mileena in my MK9 days, so I had to learn the basic fundamentals of the game AND character specifics on my own then when I mustered up the confidence to write my own guide I'd think about what I would like to know about the character if I had solid fundamentals and was ready to have a secondary character.

I understand what you're saying. Guess I gotta be more into the details from the readers point of view. And that's the same situation I was in. Didn't had a guide to understand my character and basics. It may not be the best guide, but I'm doing what I feel that it must be done for the others, although it's not like a major gamefaqs-esque full guide and be insane with huge descriptions, since I'm not an all-out technical fighter.

UPDATE: Added combos to the Injustice Combo part in the Custom Combos section.

Will post up video when I'm done recording the most used ones in the meterless, meter and super combos. Plus, may add a few injustice ones in there.