General Injustice Gods Among Us Gameplay Chat

Critical, what's up with the D1s in this game? It's like I'll poke someone out of their string and they'll just sweep me after, should I just back dash instead of trying to pressure them back? And it's so hard to tell which side my J1 land on too, it screws up my inputs so I can confirm into cat claws and instead I just throw out a normal 1,1,2 string. :/

You have to look at the frame data man I can't say for sure.

telll me what string you're tryiing to do after D1,

and which character is tripping you.

Indeed, well I finally understand Joker's parry. Now I just need to understand the combo potential

You have to look at the frame data man I can't say for sure.

telll me what string you're tryiing to do after D1,

and which character is tripping you.

TYM said that the built in frame data is off so I can't give you the exact numbers, and I usually try to D1 then 1,1,2 and try to confirm off that.

http://testyourmight.com/wiki/index.php/Catwoman <--- Normals, with frame data along with specials.

Oh shit, 1,1,2 is -15 on block, and D1 is neutral.

The Joke usually Sweeps me out, along with Ares. I'm not sure about the rest of the cast.

Need to encounter Cyborg players on 360. Nuff said! -_-

So boring constantly fighting Deathstroke, Aquaman, Batman, Doomsday, Green Arrow and Superman.

TYM said that the built in frame data is off so I can't give you the exact numbers, and I usually try to D1 then 1,1,2 and try to confirm off that.

http://testyourmight.com/wiki/index.php/Catwoman <--- Normals, with frame data along with specials.

The Joke usually Sweeps me out, along with Ares. I'm not sure about the rest of the cast.

your HIT advantage is +12.

with the fact that excluding superman's broken ass super that can hitconfirm off of a sneeze, fastest punishment is 6 frames (Lex's dash move)

So look through your strings man.

anything at 16 frames startup should beat anything anyone throws out. but that's strict timing.

The lower startup you can find from your list that hits "mid" the reason you want mid is because if they duck and do a trip move they are ducking your high starter and no matter how fast the startup is it doesn't matter if your first hit whiffs.

So do a fast mid hit string that's quicker that 15 frames (preferably shorter for more consistency.)

After a poke, do that string. If they BLOCK(D1) it your at nuetral and they can beat you with a faster string(most people won't instantly do that after a blocked D1 as it's free to a second D1.

Most people will just D1 you back before you can do the string. While that sucks they get a free round of pressure, atleast it's safe.

PRactice by doing training mode. record the computer to do D1, then spam the trip command for a split second.

Train by waiting to block their D1, counter poke with your D1, then start the string.

to practice beating out trips.

Ok, So F1,1,2 Hits mid and starts up at 15 frames.

1,1,2 Starts up at 14 frames and it also hits mid, and these are my BnB starters also.

I'm practicing counter poking now.

Another question, How many hits of Armor does a MB B+3/F+3 has? One, right?

Well hopefully playing against my Ares will help you out. I haven't really played any Killer Frost players so that helps me out.

Need to encounter Cyborg players on 360. Nuff said! -_-

So boring constantly fighting Deathstroke, Aquaman, Batman, Doomsday, Green Arrow and Superman.

I can learn Cyborg.

Ok, So F1,1,2 Hits mid and starts up at 15 frames.

1,1,2 Starts up at 14 frames and it also hits mid, and these are my BnB starters also.

I'm practicing counter poking now.

Another question, How many hits of Armor does a MB B+3/F+3 has? One, right?

yes only one hit,

Also, the reason I told you to have the CPU D1 first wasn't so you could practice counter poking. It was because it would be annoying as hell if you just spammed trip and you tried to get close enough to D1 him to test it. A delayed D1, into trip spam.

will make it more simple to practice doing the string after your successful poke.

I can learn Cyborg.

He says that because I think Cyborg vs Hawkgirl is like 8.5-1.5 in Cyborg's favor.

I played a few as Hawkgirl, it sucks. He's a way better zoner and he has ZERO problems with flight. So your trait is not useless but pretty close. Because while her upclose game isn't horrible it's not stellar either so once you even get in on cyborg, you can't stay on him very easily. especially with his armored get away spider man move.

and he back dashes fast as hell, so once he gets life lead flying is REALLY useless because you can't catch up. you have to dash on the floor which leaves you open to his kabal type shot spam.

It's annoying and I don't blame him for picking up a secondary to deal with Cyborg.

I have a hard time fighting Hawkgirl when I use Ares. His anti-air game is pretty weak. There are still ways around things. I can teleport under him and use a D4 sword. I should go into practice to see what I can do after that though.

I fought Killer Frost before. Just watch out for the Slide and Ground Ice Spikes the most.

And I see Reaver. Also, I've finally can't wait to see all of those DS noobs and gun spammers get their asses whipped once Batgirl comes out (will not be playing as Babs, but will witness it in KOTH or somewhat). Once I resharpen my Hawkgirl skills, I can rework on Jordan's combos and get the timing into my muscle memory because he is gonna be my secondary main.

I have a hard time fighting Hawkgirl when I use Ares. His anti-air game is pretty weak. There are still ways around things. I can teleport under him and use a D4 sword. I should go into practice to see what I can do after that though.

trust me man, Remember I'm the guy that DIDN'T complain about kung lao. I always look for a way first.

But I'm just saying most of hawkgirls tools are destroyed by Cyborg. sometimes when you make a fighting game one character design completely destroys another character's design.

For instance, Sheeva..... will forever be free to Kung Lao. He auto-matically negates 60% of her gameplay. But Sheeva actually has a shot at holding her own against people like Mileena/Sektor who are good characters.

maybe you're right maybe I'm missing something.

but if that's the case, I haven't found it yet and I grinded that matchup.

It maybe true about what you said about the Hawkgirl vs Cyborg matchup, but I can't be certain until I've actually face one (I mean by it is that the player should be very good with him, and not a spammer with the Nova Blasters).

It maybe true about what you said about the Hawkgirl vs Cyborg matchup, but I can't be certain until I've actually face one (I mean by it is that the player should be very good with him, and not a spammer with the Nova Blasters).

Spamming Nova Blasters and retreating is the best way to deal wiht hawkgirl.

That's playing the matchup correctly, why would he attack with his normal if Hawkgirl can't keep up with him?

man I wish you could play this cyborg main that gets the lead and constantly times me out.

Although it may be a major disadvantage since he can grapple back to long distance, I can still close in very well, but the real question is how long can I stay on top of him?

Although it may be a major disadvantage since he can grapple back to long distance, I can still close in very well, but the real question is how long can I stay on top of him?

how do you close in on him very well?

Also the only way I can think is you're gonna need some sort of multi hit armor breaking move to knock him out of his armor'ed retreat grapple move.