General Injustice Gods Among Us Gameplay Chat

I'm not saying that out of definite, but as a pre-planned strategy. If I were to actually fight him, I can either A)Use Mace Charge or Wing Evade>3 to constant close on in. B)Close on in slowly like almost sweep range, and when he grapples, as he drops down I can attack him after back dashinng. C)Predict and trade projectiles (although his are a bit faster on startup)

Played against a Deathstroke yesterday, dude kept jumping back and using his guns.

I nearly raged quit.

Who do you use? His zoning isn't that bad, I'm tired of people ing about it. No offense. I deal with the same thing and it's not that bad. His guns don't push back on block, and even if you do get it it only sends you about a dash away anyways.

Superman: With his air dash you should be able to easily avoid the standing gunfire. Just don't be predictable with it. Also add some air lasers to bait him. Once you get in range, you can use his move where he flies down at them.

Batman: Send the bats out to force them to block, and dash in as fast as possible. You can also double jump over gunfire. You can use a meter burn grapple to armor your way in and get a punish.

Green Arrow: Try to land a frozen arrow on him. Make your way in while firing arrows.

Lobo: I guess his meter burn BF3 special would be good for getting in. He's probably your worst chance of getting in compared to the others you play as. You can try jumping and use his air D3 to fake him out. Lobo has a really fast dash so it shouldn't be too hard to get in though.

Just go in practice and go to the AI options. Set Deathstroke to record and spam his guns. Practice getting in on him.

Best way to deal with his zoning dude is, play him yourself enough to get pretty good at his zoning.

Hit record in training mode. (don't cut it early) spend the ENTIRE duration of the record zoning, jumping back doing a air gun shot otw to the ground (low as possible)

and just keep mixing it up blindly with the occasionaly sword flip(rare)

once you get in on him and hit him with a combo. Distance yourself full screeen again and do it all over again.

the reason you must use the entire record is so you don't easily remember what pattern you did because you need it to feel as random as possible.

Block a gun shot, dash then block again instantly. If you get HIT by a gun shot, you must block the next one before moving forward.

Also do random meter burns while recording with DS, so you get use to watching for tht glow on him. Too many people get in a pattern and don't pay attention and let themselves get hit by the extra shots of his EX.

Well, I spent like a hour with Riko in online practice. He taught me a shit ton of stuff about Catwoman and he helped me improve my defense along with teaching me a few mix ups to throw into my gameplay.

Riko :love:

Every time I get really into a fighting game, I will have my mains that I play as often but I use every character. I always dominated in random select rooms in MK9. I don't like when people only use one character. I think you should have at least three.

Every time I get really into a fighting game, I will have my mains that I play as often but I use every character. I always dominated in random select rooms in MK9. I don't like when people only use one character. I think you should have at least three.

Nothing wrong with people who only use 1.

20 of the top 32 in the world at Super smash brothers Melee all only know 1 character.

I shit all over half of the top 20's secondaries, but I can't even fathom touching their mains.

sticking to one character Exclusively, will only continue to make that character stronger.

of course this only really matters to people who are trying to win money through tournaments. If you're playing for fun, then just play whoever whenever.

Sometimes, even if it is a tournament, using only 1 character is very boring. I hope in future tournaments that the rules must implement that each player must use more than 1 character. That's just me saying it.

Was in practice mode working on some stuff and noticed that GA's B2 into Up Haven Blast (aka DF2) doesn't combo on Raven, Catwoman, Hawkgirl or KF, but appears to work on the rest of the cast. Are there other instances for characters in Injustice where one combo won't work on another character? I remotely remember hearing that some combos worked only on the big characters but I don't remember which character's combo they were referring to.

Tried doing Haven Blast in the corner by itself and it' whiffs on Catwoman sometimes, but hits KF, Raven, and Hawkgirl every time. Maybe it just has a weird hitbox lol.

Last edited:
Well my Joker definitely needs some work lol. Like all my combos just leave my brain. But the same thing didn't happen when I played Batman :D

I'm surprised that there weren't many DeathStrokes, maybe it'll happen later on

That just sounds stupid, Vigilante.
Some people only want to play one character because they want to be known as a pure character main without needing the help of a secondary character to cover bad match ups.

I understand what you're saying if you're just playing around with friends or something, but if it's a tournament and you're playing for money, you want to stick with the character and rep it as much as you can.

Booboo with da smart stuff

mkray who do you play so that I may challenge you in Mortal Kombat
I mean Injustice

I "main" Shazayum, but I'm goofing around with GA, Flash, and Raven as well as some other characters.

Don't make me remember; no respect the whole story mode :(

Flash combos are fun as heck, especially the time loop ones. Scaling (at least for combos starting off a jip2) kills some of them but its still pretty effective.