What is the Opinion on Shazam?

TheRedOne

Been playing as Cap online a fair bit tonight, and just wondering what you all think of him presently. I'm lovin the hell out of him, but I'm not sure how well he translates for more skilled fights.

I haven't faced a good Shazam yet but I would imagine since I figured out a ~50% one bar combo in just a couple minutes, he's too easy to get high damage combos.

I like him but I think he needs his character trait damage to be nerfed. I'm not very good at fighting games but I was abel to do up to 42% damage in just one combo. I would also like it if they removed it so that if you have his character trait active, and you do his Super Move it won't do more damage.

I don't really use him but I have fought some really good Shazam players. He's really good high level IMO he reminds me of MK9 Raiden (electric teleport )mixed with SF4 M. Bison (Torpedo spin). His Teleport allows him to avoid a lot of zoners and get in . I could see him getting in the top 10 later when the game has evolved. His rush down is ok... he's more of a hybrid like Raiden but with better tools. I think
a lot of players underestimate him.

I like him but I think he needs his character trait damage to be nerfed. I'm not very good at fighting games but I was abel to do up to 42% damage in just one combo. I would also like it if they removed it so that if you have his character trait active, and you do his Super Move it won't do more damage.

He needs the trait damage. He does garbage damage without it.

I think its silly his electric dash thing is an overhead. If somethings coming at me at speed my instant reaction is to block low, its gets me 90% of the time lol

Why are you blocking low? Shazam only has 2 lows. His sweep and another one that's at the end of a string. You have no reason to block low against him when he isn't in your face

Yes I said it was silly. I didn't demand it to be nerfed, called it OP. In the next sentence I specifically stated it was my fault for being conditioned to blocking low

I think I have found my main then. I'm only playing in "Beginner" rooms, but I went positive last night. Won a fair more exchanges than I expected. Only ones that gay me immense trouble were Catwoman and Lantern. So looks like I'm hitting practice to try and figure out how to pick them apart.

He is a powerhouse combo wise although he is short on tools in the toolbox to use. Wish they would have given him a bit more.

I don't feel like he's short on tools at all. About the only thing I haven't found as of yet is a reliable anti air. Catwoman jumped my shit all day and there wasn't much I could do but use bolts to try and catch her. I can only think of the trouble a decent Hawkgirl is going to give me.