An interesting character idea (possible fan fic)

Witchdoctor

Hey guys I've had this character in my head for a long time so tell me what you think

Name: Dominic Cruevo
Nationality: Mexican
Height: 6'5
Weight: 250 lbs
Allegiance: Earthrealm
X-Ray: Black Magic-Kick to head, pistol whip to throat, chokeslam
Fatalties: Hellbound-Raises hands and then slams them down as opponent combusts into fire grabbing his gun and emptying the clip
Dead-A-Man-Pulls out machete chopping off arms and snaps opponent's neck then walks away

Story: during the events of Shao Khan's invasion Dominic was in New York defending the people when he came across a horde of tarkata soldiers killing them all but winding up seriously injured in the process. When he woke up he found himself being tended to by Johnny Cage and Sonya with various survivors unaware of his Voodoo powers, Sonya thought he was an Outworld Agent and briefly fighting him before Raiden intervened telling her he is a mystic who learned his powers many years ago after being found by a witchdoctor in the middle of Death Valley soon he learned the black arts who uses his power to deliver evil men to their graves. With his connections to the spirit world he'll be a valuable ally

(let me know what you think about this and if there should be any changes thanks)

The witchdoctor who taught him the black arts should originate from a different realm, to set him more apart from the Earthrealmers like Jax, Sonya, Stryker, etc

Sounds more of a DC character than a MK character.

Ok, so he knows Voodoo but why does he have a gun? Why not summon skeletons or other spirits? (Just a question really)

If he is a Voduan assassin then you should write that for his first encounter with the Tarkatans. Like a contract to take out Baraka or something to spice things up.

Sounds more of a DC character than a MK character.

Ok, so he knows Voodoo but why does he have a gun? Why not summon skeletons or other spirits? (Just a question really)

If he is a Voduan assassin then you should write that for his first encounter with the Tarkatans. Like a contract to take out Baraka or something to spice things up.
He keeps the gun because he mostly uses it to hide his power until he feels the need to show his power (his powers are varied he can summon spirits and call upon the dead which will help him get rid of a unit of tarkata before his fight against Baraka) and I'm thinking he'll receive a vision of Khan's invasion, Shinnok and Quan Chi's plan, and as for the first Tarkata (he'll receive a letter from his mentor telling him more about Baraka and the rest of the Outworld forces and how should be prepared)

Thanks for the idea