What do you want NRS to work on next?

Flying Jinko

So Injustice is out and almost over with, they probably would be working on patches to balance out characters and the DLC. But one can reasonably assume that not their entire staff would be working on them. So what next? MK 10? An Injustice sequel? An action/adventure game? What do you all want next?

This is what I want ideally

>Mortal Kombat 10 for 2016 release for the next gen systems

> A Mortal Kombat action/adventure game based around Scorpion and Sub Zero, outsourced to another studio (perhaps some company like Rocksteady Studios) for a 2015 release preferably for the next gen, with NRS overlooking the project.

I really want them to start on MK 10, although I would hope it would come out sooner than '16. Two years would surely be enough for them to make it and not have it be rushed. Plus I assume they already have plans for story and what changes they want to implement by now.

A Mortal Kombat action/adventure game based around Scorpion and Sub Zero, outsourced to another studio (perhaps some company like Rocksteady Studios) for a 2015 release preferably for the next gen, with NRS overlooking the project.

I hope they get to make MK:SM 2, SZ: Mythology (remake), or MK: SO (remake) on the arkham city engine or some sort of open world engine prior to nextgen but I don't think it will happen.

I just want a new MK game.

I'm starting to steer towards the train of thought that Injustice is dog shite. I've been playing it nearly non stop since release and its nonsense. Every match seems to play out nearly the same and I find it incredibly frustrating.

If they are going to bring out games with such a heavy focus on zoning at least bring in a mechanic like FADC that makes it less frustrating to get around zoning.

They should make an MK Game based on the events before MK1 and MKM. it could mix new kombatants into the game along with some familiar faces.

I want NRS to do a Shaolin Monks styled game with Sub-Zero and Scorpion game, like this game which was cancelled:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/09/ed-boon-reveals-mk-fire-and-ice.aspx

Since WB is now giving them the financial backing, this game could be good and a hold me over until MK10 came out, especially since Boon was considering doing MK10 on next-gen systems anyways.

As I stated before in this thread:

If MK: Fire and Ice is EVER made, I'd like to see the following:

- Bi-Han killing Hanzo Hasashi while Quan Chi kills his family
- Hanzo being resurrected in the Netherrealm as Scorpion
- The Scorpion and Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) rivalry and epic battle
- Bi-Han being resurrected as Noob Saibot.
- Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) and Smoke escaping the Lin Kuei
- Cyrax and Sektor undergoing transformation, with Cyrax resisting
- Cyrax and Sektor hunting down Sub-Zero (Kuai-Liang) and Smoke
- Smoke being captured and being turned cyborg (as a homage to MK 3)
- Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) and Scorpion joining forces to take down a common enemy, after Raiden explains that Quan Chi betrayed them both
- Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) and Scorpion destroying the forces of evil and fighting against Noob Saibot and Quan Chi (Similar to Sub-Zero's MK 9 ending)
- Scorpion and Sub-Zero are defeating Quan Chi
- Noob Saibot doesn't fight along side Quan Chi (which makes Quan Chi outnumbered) seeing this as his opportunity to take over the NetherRealm, and become the new ruler
- Beating the game with Sub-Zero unlocks Noob Saibot for campaign or versus
- Beating the game with Scorpion unlocks Smoke for campaign or versus
- Cyrax and Sektor can be unlocked to use in the campaign or versus via secrets in the game, the same way that the other characters were unlocked in MKSM

None of this has to be canon, it's just what I want to see NRS do next.

Last edited:
With next gen technology who says they can't do both in one game. an adventure story and a arcade mode on one disc. Now wouldn't that just be amazing?.

MK:X.

I need no games; MK or Injustice, that stall furthering of the canon MK continuity. I would see NRS hasten the coming of MK:10, and with it's arrival, legitimate explanation of how Iconic heroes return from the afterlife.

What I would want NRS to work on next is definitely MK10. As far as other projects, I've always wanted to see another adventure game, whether it feature Scorpion and Sub-Zero or even just Liu Kang and Kung Lao again.

I'd be fine with a Shaolin Monks sequel.

But not Fire & Ice. A more of an Origins game that had many storylines to choose from, each with their own characters. Gives you a chance to play as villains.
You could jump into the Jax & Sonya arc, where you two are on a hunt for Kano and the Black Dragon.
Kabal & Kano, as they go on a worldwide crime spree, while evading Jax & Sonya.
Scorp and Sub of course with Quan Chi.
Raiden & Fujin on a quest to thwart Shinnok's plans of overthrowing the Elder Gods.
Quan Chi & Shang Tsung as they try to resurrect Onaga's army.

And many more.

With next gen technology who says they can't do both in one game. an adventure story and a arcade mode on one disc. Now wouldn't that just be amazing?.

The biggest concern isn't so much about technology, but the cost incurred in developing the game. Instead of pooling their resources in a dedicated fighting or adventure game, NRS would have to stretch out their resources with both games.

I'd like to see another (late) mythologies game, but i believe that's not gonna happen cause the first one was developed by john Tobias's team (without ed boon, lol) back in '96, so that's why ed boon said that MKSM was their first action adventure game.

MK10 probably will be the next one!

The biggest concern isn't so much about technology, but the cost incurred in developing the game. Instead of pooling their resources in a dedicated fighting or adventure game, NRS would have to stretch out their resources with both games.
Unreal 4 is meant to be quite easy to develop quality products in minimal time. I saw something saying that something can be produced in four months which would currently take longer than a year to finish, or something along those lines.

Faster development times means less costs in production.

I think I'd actually prefer that they work on an action-adventure title rather than MK10. Aside from the fact that I haven't been that into fighting games as of late, I don't think MK10 would be a huge step up from MK9 (which already had pretty much everything I wanted out of an MK [fighting] game) if it was popped out relatively soon. I also want them to wait long enough that it will definitely be on the next-gen systems.

So yeah, right now I'd much rather see a vast 3D beat 'em up in the vein of Shaolin Monks, just with a bit more depth, exploration and far more playable characters. I want to see it get the full focus of the team rather than being half-outsourced.

Honestly, I'd rather see MK10. But yeah I don't mind seeing a new adventure game. If they do make one, I hope it's a canon one. Like something that happens in between MK9 and MK10. I want the show to keep on going. I don't like to wait. I been waiting for the story to keep going for a while.

Mortal Kombat 10!!! I'm gonna be a hard head on this one. He needs to work on MK10.

Other ideas:
- An original zombie game.
- Thrill Kill Reboot (If they get a chance to own it or work with its company.)
- Lollipop Chainsaw 2 or Spin-Off (Work with Suda 51.)
- An all new Bloodrayne game. (If they work with her company or if NRS gets to own her.)
- An MK adventure game/spin-off. (I'd want the origins of Kitana and Jade.)

Last edited: