Did Dan Forden Compose The Music For Mortal Kombat 2011

Fayte

I had always wondered why the style in Mortal Kombat 9 seemed completely different. (and I hate it)

Anyway I was playing Injustice and I noticed the musical style was similar to MK9 so I decided to check out who composed Injustice and wikipedia.org stated it was a fella named "Dean Grinsfelder." I then decided to check out who composed the Mortal Kombat 2011 music and surprise surprise wikipedia.org had him also as the guy who did it.

Anyway I'm real curious as to why Dan Forden didn't return to work on the soundtrack on this game (especially since it was a homage to the 90's style of Mortal Kombat) I really prefer his style, what happened to him?

Forden was the lead sound designer.

Oh right, but he wasn't the composer right? I knew something sounded off about the MK9 soundtrack as soon as I heard it if you listen to MK 1 , 2 ,3 and even MK Sub-Zero Mythologies you can tell it's Dan Forden who composed it because they all have that similar MK Style

I was hoping we'd get updated versions of the original stage music from MK 1-3. I would have been perfectly happy with it. I thought the soundtrack for MK 9 was pretty bad.

I was hoping we'd get updated versions of the original stage music from MK 1-3. I would have been perfectly happy with it. I thought the soundtrack for MK 9 was pretty bad.

agreed no disrespect to this Dean Greenfelder guy his music sounds ok I just don't feel they fit Mortal Kombat I hope Dan returns for MK10

and when I say returns I mean as composer

Last edited:
agreed no disrespect to this Dean Greenfelder guy his music sounds ok I just don't feel they fit Mortal Kombat I hope Dan returns for MK10

and when I say returns I mean as composer

I couldn't agree more. Dan's music was always epic. MK9's soundtrack was so forgettable.