*Sigh* Disconnects and quitters ¬_¬

A fatality isn't apart of the match. It's a bonus that is used to waste my time. It's no different from someone teabagging and jumping over you. The match is over, you can hang out and watch the show, but I'm onto the next one.

There's a HUGE difference between teabagging and fatalities.

Fatalities ARE a part of the MK game, whereas teabagging is a douchebag FPS meme that carried over to the fighting game scene.
BIG difference.
If a few friends or strangers are playing an online MK match, it's implied that the winner may do a fatality, babality or just hit the opponent.

Teabagging, on the other hand, is a douche move that strangers do, to be dicks, where as someone doing a fatality may just do it because they like the finisher.
Fatality doesn't necessarily =/= douche move.
Teabagging = douche move 100% of the time.

No. Not getting into this argument again. You continue to ignore every point I make in it, so I'm not wasting my time again.

There's a HUGE difference between teabagging and fatalities.

Fatalities ARE a part of the MK game, whereas teabagging is a douchebag FPS meme that carried over to the fighting game scene.
BIG difference.
If a few friends or strangers are playing an online MK match, it's implied that the winner may do a fatality, babality or just hit the opponent.

Teabagging, on the other hand, is a douche move that strangers do, to be dicks, where as someone doing a fatality may just do it because they like the finisher.
Fatality doesn't necessarily =/= douche move.
Teabagging = douche move 100% of the time.
Low isn't saying that fatalities are a douche move or that they aren't a major part of MK, he's saying they're a waste of time for him personally. You perform a fatality on someone when you lose just like you teabag someone after killing them in an FPS. The point is that by then, it's over so there's no reason for him to stay there and be teabagged/fatality'd as he simply wants to get on to the next match

Ok, it's not 3-5 seconds but you're definitely over exaggerating the duration. It's not that long. You could easily wait until the fatality is finish and properly leave the match.

no I'm not, look at this

that's not even considering the little after wait it forces on you before it goes to "rematch"

so we'll say it's about 16 seconds, IMO that's generous. So if I look at my record here online...

oh about 8,000 matches.

that ends up being roughly 2133 minutes.

which divided by 60 to accumulate hours. 35 hours.

If I watched EVERY fatality. I'd have blown away a Day and a half of my LIFE.

I don't care if from a micro-standpoint the wait seems insignificant. I'm the kind of guy that will pull 8 cases of 20 oz drinks up 7 flights of stairs, if the elevator is only 6 minutes slower.

I work a job as a Vending machine guy for Pepsi. Because I square off minutes at every corner I can, in my daily life. I have more freetime and more money than anyone in my field. I can work double the machines of EVERYONE at my job. This isn't really bragging rights, but I've gotten people fired, because my employers saw that I could handle 2 routes by myself. Cuz I bust ass to get done quickly, cuz TIME is money.

Just because you look at time and see it as something not that important doesn't mean I don't. If I save 1 minute on every objective I take on. and it take on 60 in one day? well I just got myself 1 hour free to myself to enjoy something.

It's Mortal Kombat! People like to do fatalities. Heck, I even do them from time to time. I don't see how this amounts to hours of wasting time. Again, wait a couple seconds and leave the match.

I respect that. but not on me. Find someone else like you who's willing to sit through them. If I don't like it, why should someone like you be allowed to shame me for avoiding stuff I dislike.

I respect that. However, you're not fully accepted defeat when you quit in the middle of a fatality. Watching your character get mercilessly eviscerated is a sign of humility ;)

yes I fully accept defeat.

does that mean when me and BBBLP do blood code 100% of the time. that we don't accept defeat because we don't fatality eachother?

The only one that even has an impact is babalities. and I'm actually ok with those happening because it has a message added to it. and another reason I'm fine with it, is because I RARELY get babied.

If we could not derail the thread, I think you understand my position now. If you ever play me in Injustice you'll find I'm a cool cat.

and I definitely won't ever quit out because luckily for me Injustice has no fatatlies.

Low isn't saying that fatalities are a douche move or that they aren't a major part of MK, he's saying they're a waste of time for him personally. You perform a fatality on someone when you lose just like you teabag someone after killing them in an FPS. The point is that by then, it's over so there's no reason for him to stay there and be teabagged/fatality'd as he simply wants to get on to the next match

I understand that he wants to get onto the next match and doesn't like fatalities, and they're a waste of time to him, but teabagging and doing fatalities are 2 completely different things.

One's built into the game and is intended to be an award for the winner and the other is a move that people do online in a FPS to piss people off within the whole "dudebro" community.

I understand that he wants to get onto the next match and doesn't like fatalities, and they're a waste of time to him, but teabagging and doing fatalities are 2 completely different things.

One's built into the game and is intended to be an award for the winner and the other is a move that people do online in a FPS to piss people off within the whole "dudebro" community.
At the end of the day, though, they both serve the same purpose: to rub their victories in their defeated opponent's faces, which is what he was getting at with the "it's no different from teabagging" statement he made. He wasn't actually comparing them, he simply used the two as examples to illustrate his overall point.

Your point basically boils down to "one was actually implemented in the game, the other wasn't", and while the fact that teabagging and fatalities themselves are completely different isn't exactly wrong, it's irrelevant to the core point that he was trying to make.

You guys are looking at it the wrong way. In fighting games it doesn't look like a tea bag at all. It look more like a b-job. So they way I see it they are finishing me one way or another ;)

Seriously tho I personally love doing fatalities. I have beendoing the same two fatalities for two years now. I just do it on instinct. It's like the fatality is a part of me :)

You guys are looking at it the wrong way. In fighting games it doesn't look like a tea bag at all. It look more like a b-job. So they way I see it they are finishing me one way or another ;)

Seriously tho I personally love doing fatalities. I have beendoing the same two fatalities for two years now. I just do it on instinct. It's like the fatality is a part of me :)

:laugh:
It does look more like a bj.

Same here, for me.
I do it as a natural instinct.
↑ ↓ ← → Triangle is second nature to me with Rain and both → ↓ → Triangle & ↓ ← ↓ → Triangle are 2nd nature to me with Sub-Zero.

At the end of the day, though, they both serve the same purpose: to rub their victories in their defeated opponent's faces, which is what he was getting at with the "it's no different from teabagging" statement he made. He wasn't actually comparing them, he simply used the two as examples to illustrate his overall point.

He was comparing them, though.
By saying that fatalities are no different than "someone teabagging and jumping over you," IS making a comparison of the 2.

Your point basically boils down to "one was actually implemented in the game, the other wasn't", and while the fact that teabagging and fatalities themselves are completely different isn't exactly wrong, it's irrelevant to the core point that he was trying to make.

It's not irrelevant to the point, because even though his core point was that he's thinks that they're both not part of the match, he still compared them both, which is why I stated the difference between the 2.
Had he not compared them both, I wouldn't have stated the difference between them.
My reply would have been completely unrelated in that case.
This is not the case, though.

Last edited:
and I definitely won't ever quit out because luckily for me Injustice has no fatatlies.

Theoretically, what if someone starts up a special cutscene move when you have so little health left you know you're going to die?

I don't understand fatalities, like many other things about MK so I don't care to use or see them. But to me finishing with a special makes sense in Injustice. Lex evaporating the enemy with his laser ball or (angry) Superman throwing his opponent in orbit fits.

Theoretically, what if someone starts up a special cutscene move when you have so little health left you know you're going to die?

I don't understand fatalities, like many other things about MK so I don't care to use or see them. But to me finishing with a special makes sense in Injustice. Lex evaporating the enemy with his laser ball or (angry) Superman throwing his opponent in orbit fits.

of course I wouldn't quit out on that...

your doing un-clashable damage. It makes sense to do. And they're doing it with the intent to win. It's no different than sitting through a combo.

Where as fatalities happen AFTER a match is ALREADY over.

put it this way, you use X-ray to finish a round when I have 2% life left? Awesome.

I'm sitting there bobbling my head after the round is over, and you take the time to do an X-ray? Not awesome.

NRS, please get your shit together. Dudes are mocking you with your mistakes

Dude just sent me this shit after I beat his Deathstroke with Bane

130429-0101-28.jpg

Well thats it I have officially had my fill of these people. I am at 20+ disconnections and just had 5 rage quits in a row, IN A ROW!!

So here it is; the complete list of all the people you should avoid:

- Phil2244
- marioulis17
- muppetts99
- abdulkarim33 <=== This one is amusing because he blew all his meter on Ares super when I was full screen distance away. His fail the quit led to another disconnect ¬_¬
- Hellboy0803 <=== DO NOT FIGHT HIM, 3 TIMES HE HAS QUIT
- cliff71
- T-POD
- TRB1000
- lamby457
- alfreddowilson
- SnuggleBerry
- Tidsu
- ruji
- Ceeeeepeda
- Smithy_Boy7
- dergeselle