*Sigh* Disconnects and quitters ¬_¬

TwinSnakes89

Hi there, newbie here and I thought I'd start with a little venting XD

Why wasn't the disconnect bug fixed within the first week? I just had 3 rage quitters in a row and I have now got 7 disconnects and only bought the game yesterday!. Now I'm not all hating on the ability to quit, I have done it twice myself already. If the connection is bad I am out of there as the game doesn't give me the option beforehand. Its getting infuriating now, I have "Burn In Hell" on quicktype just because of the amount of them I'm coming up against.

I dunno what the rules are here but I would LOVE to name and shame these people so we all know who to avoid.

Also on another note, when I quit the first time I noticed I received a 'win' instead of a loss or a disconnect. Now if this works for every match thats even more messed up, you'll be rewarding the quitters. :twisted:

Now I hope my time here isn't just me hating as theres alot in this game to enjoy. ;D

So you want to name and shame people for doing something you admit to doing yourself? "Sigh"

I don't quit when Im losing. I quit if the connection is cowshit. Theres a difference

Hence why I don't want to see the quit option removed just the obvious laws adjusted with the 'disconnect' issue

I don't mind being quit on, the plus to a fighting game online is your not investing a ton of time into it per match like you are in sports games however getting quit on last night for the first time and 4 or so more times after that noticing I took a loss and a disconnect upset me quite a bit not to mention the hit or miss connection, they touted it to be better then MK9's but based off my memory of it they have fallen short again. As much as I absolutely love the product again, the online is it's big fault.

I would LOVE to name and shame these people so we all know who to avoid.

when I quit the first time I noticed I received a 'win' instead of a loss or a disconnect.

So you want to name and shame people for doing something you admit to doing yourself? "Sigh"

I don't quit when Im losing. I quit if the connection is cowshit.

OP is still a hypocrite.

Let me be the first to add a name to your quitters list: TwinSnakes89

Twinsnakes89's reaction after reading:

Spoiler:
tumblr_m088he3vzM1qz8x31o1_400.gif

Let me be the first to add a name to your quitters list: TwinSnakes89

Twinsnakes89's reaction after reading:

Spoiler:
tumblr_m088he3vzM1qz8x31o1_400.gif

Oh please. Tell me where and where I quit in a way that makes my point hypocritical?

And don't use and example where I did it in the character select screen or within the first 15 seconds of the game. Quitting isn't the issue, the punishment for it is. I have NOT ONCE quit when I was about to lose, or during the winning cutscene. I would hold my hands up and say so if i did

Quitting against lag is understandable. Your opponent is forcing you to play the game in a way it wasn't meant to be played.

the same could be said for someone who is clealy outmatched,.. Its understandable people are slow at picking up fighters and want to play someone on their level... why put on blast for it?Now hate mail on the hand should be displayed as a badge of honor.

the same could be said for someone who is clealy outmatched,.. Its understandable people are slow at picking up fighters and want to play someone on their level... why put on blast for it?Now hate mail on the hand should be displayed as a badge of honor.

Sorry dude but that's not comparable to what BBBLP said.

You bought a board game to play chess, and some guy comes in and tries to force you to play Rock/Paper/Scissors.

Is not the same as

you bought a board game to play Chess, and some guy comes into the room and bodies you in "CHESS"

It's not the same thing. You didn't sign up for RPS int he first scenario.

you don't learn anything from playing in a situation you can't adjust when it's the SYSTEM you're battling, NOT your opponent.

I don't disagree that there are salty quitters out there but there are many factors that we wouldn't know about to put them on blast. Maybe the person acknowledge his loss and skipped the final cinematic to get to a match faster or maybe they were done for the night.

I'm just saying, quitting out at the end of the match I just consider it a forfeit.

weak in my eyes. but it's their choice.

Quitting at the VERY beginning is very understandable if it lags ridiculously bad.

there are no fatalities this time so I sit and wait through everything.

I use to quit out during fatatlies cuz I wanted to save time, but we've been through this.

When you play against an opponent who is doing something cheap, you shouldn't quit. There are things you can learn, like what works, what doesn't work, how to get around it etc.

With lag, there is no benefit to playing in it. You're only hurting yourself by developing iffy timing on your offline combos.

I use to quit out during fatatlies cuz I wanted to save time, but we've been through this.

Come on, that's a cop out. Are you trying to tell me your attention span is so short that it can't withstand 3-5 seconds of inactivity?

Played over a 1000 matches in MK9, over a hundred in Injustice and I'm proud to say that I never quit a single match.

Fatalities:I suck it up and watch them for the hundred time.
Spammers: I figure out a way to punish it.
Lag: I tough out the match and leave when it's done.

No form of quitting is acceptable, IMO.

Come on, that's a cop out. Are you trying to tell me your attention span is so short that it can't withstand 3-5 seconds of inactivity?

Played over a 1000 matches in MK9, over a hundred in Injustice and I'm proud to say that I never quit a single match.

Fatalities:I suck it up and watch them for the hundred time.
Spammers: I figure out a way to punish it.
Lag: I tough out the match and leave when it's done.

No form of quitting is acceptable, IMO.

It's not 3-5 seconds dont kid yourself and that doesn't even factor in their attempts at repositioning ect ect.

I don't care what you assume about me. But I bet I got in more matches per hour because I'm not someone who panders to people wasting time. I only got 1 life, I'm not wasting hours of it watching the same fatalities over and over. Most people don't bother with it and do blood code with me. I've never rage quit just so you know.

You assume to much about someone you don't know.

The only bad type of quitting is when you quit cuz you don't want to lose, or you want some kind of revenge by making the match a disconnect. Or you'd rather fight people who mash buttons because you don't want to think.

I take my losses like a champ. What I won't take is someone wasting my time.

It's not 3-5 seconds dont kid yourself and that doesn't even factor in their attempts at repositioning ect ect.

Ok, it's not 3-5 seconds but you're definitely over exaggerating the duration. It's not that long. You could easily wait until the fatality is finish and properly leave the match.

I don't care what you assume about me. But I bet I got in more matches per hour because I'm not someone who panders to people wasting time. I only got 1 life, I'm not wasting hours of it watching the same fatalities over and over. Most people don't bother with it and do blood code with me. I've never rage quit just so you know.

It's Mortal Kombat! People like to do fatalities. Heck, I even do them from time to time. I don't see how this amounts to hours of wasting time. Again, wait a couple seconds and leave the match.

You assume to much about someone you don't know.

The only bad type of quitting is when you quit cuz you don't want to lose, or you want some kind of revenge by making the match a disconnect. Or you'd rather fight people who mash buttons because you don't want to think.

I take my losses like a champ. What I won't take is someone wasting my time.

I respect that. However, you're not fully accepted defeat when you quit in the middle of a fatality. Watching your character get mercilessly eviscerated is a sign of humility ;)

A fatality isn't apart of the match. It's a bonus that is used to waste my time. It's no different from someone teabagging and jumping over you. The match is over, you can hang out and watch the show, but I'm onto the next one.