Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110

Thread: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

  1. #21
    Hollywood Superstar HamatoYoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Big Apple, 3 A.M.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    755
    Twitter
    @TheDongSide
    PSN
    WesternLariato
    Thanked: 237
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    I never quit matches. Ever. No excuses for being ass at a game.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to HamatoYoshi For This Useful Post:


  3. #22
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,637
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4920
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Not being able to play in lag =/= being ass

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:


  5. #23
    Shaolin Monk
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,777
    Twitter
    @Officialrikolaw
    Xbox Live
    EMPR WC
    PSN
    RikoLaw
    Steam
    RikoLaw
    Thanked: 373
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    but making people play in lag = being an ass

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to rikolaw For This Useful Post:


  7. #24
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,035
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2888
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    A fatality isn't apart of the match. It's a bonus that is used to waste my time. It's no different from someone teabagging and jumping over you. The match is over, you can hang out and watch the show, but I'm onto the next one.
    There's a HUGE difference between teabagging and fatalities.

    Fatalities ARE a part of the MK game, whereas teabagging is a douchebag FPS meme that carried over to the fighting game scene.
    BIG difference.
    If a few friends or strangers are playing an online MK match, it's implied that the winner may do a fatality, babality or just hit the opponent.

    Teabagging, on the other hand, is a douche move that strangers do, to be dicks, where as someone doing a fatality may just do it because they like the finisher.
    Fatality doesn't necessarily =/= douche move.
    Teabagging = douche move 100% of the time.

  8. #25
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,637
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4920
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    No. Not getting into this argument again. You continue to ignore every point I make in it, so I'm not wasting my time again.

  9. #26
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,035
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2888
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    I didn't ignore the point you made.

  10. #27
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,952
    Thanked: 445
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    There's a HUGE difference between teabagging and fatalities.

    Fatalities ARE a part of the MK game, whereas teabagging is a douchebag FPS meme that carried over to the fighting game scene.
    BIG difference.
    If a few friends or strangers are playing an online MK match, it's implied that the winner may do a fatality, babality or just hit the opponent.

    Teabagging, on the other hand, is a douche move that strangers do, to be dicks, where as someone doing a fatality may just do it because they like the finisher.
    Fatality doesn't necessarily =/= douche move.
    Teabagging = douche move 100% of the time.
    Low isn't saying that fatalities are a douche move or that they aren't a major part of MK, he's saying they're a waste of time for him personally. You perform a fatality on someone when you lose just like you teabag someone after killing them in an FPS. The point is that by then, it's over so there's no reason for him to stay there and be teabagged/fatality'd as he simply wants to get on to the next match

  11. #28
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by Known_Hero View Post
    Ok, it's not 3-5 seconds but you're definitely over exaggerating the duration. It's not that long. You could easily wait until the fatality is finish and properly leave the match.
    no I'm not, look at this



    that's not even considering the little after wait it forces on you before it goes to "rematch"

    so we'll say it's about 16 seconds, IMO that's generous. So if I look at my record here online...

    oh about 8,000 matches.

    that ends up being roughly 2133 minutes.

    which divided by 60 to accumulate hours. 35 hours.


    If I watched EVERY fatality. I'd have blown away a Day and a half of my LIFE.

    I don't care if from a micro-standpoint the wait seems insignificant. I'm the kind of guy that will pull 8 cases of 20 oz drinks up 7 flights of stairs, if the elevator is only 6 minutes slower.

    I work a job as a Vending machine guy for Pepsi. Because I square off minutes at every corner I can, in my daily life. I have more freetime and more money than anyone in my field. I can work double the machines of EVERYONE at my job. This isn't really bragging rights, but I've gotten people fired, because my employers saw that I could handle 2 routes by myself. Cuz I bust ass to get done quickly, cuz TIME is money.

    Just because you look at time and see it as something not that important doesn't mean I don't. If I save 1 minute on every objective I take on. and it take on 60 in one day? well I just got myself 1 hour free to myself to enjoy something.




    Quote Originally Posted by Known_Hero View Post
    It's Mortal Kombat! People like to do fatalities. Heck, I even do them from time to time. I don't see how this amounts to hours of wasting time. Again, wait a couple seconds and leave the match.
    I respect that. but not on me. Find someone else like you who's willing to sit through them. If I don't like it, why should someone like you be allowed to shame me for avoiding stuff I dislike.






    Quote Originally Posted by Known_Hero View Post
    I respect that. However, you're not fully accepted defeat when you quit in the middle of a fatality. Watching your character get mercilessly eviscerated is a sign of humility
    yes I fully accept defeat.

    does that mean when me and BBBLP do blood code 100% of the time. that we don't accept defeat because we don't fatality eachother?

    The only one that even has an impact is babalities. and I'm actually ok with those happening because it has a message added to it. and another reason I'm fine with it, is because I RARELY get babied.



    If we could not derail the thread, I think you understand my position now. If you ever play me in Injustice you'll find I'm a cool cat.

    and I definitely won't ever quit out because luckily for me Injustice has no fatatlies.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Critical-Limit For This Useful Post:


  13. #29
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,035
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2888
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Overlord View Post
    Low isn't saying that fatalities are a douche move or that they aren't a major part of MK, he's saying they're a waste of time for him personally. You perform a fatality on someone when you lose just like you teabag someone after killing them in an FPS. The point is that by then, it's over so there's no reason for him to stay there and be teabagged/fatality'd as he simply wants to get on to the next match
    I understand that he wants to get onto the next match and doesn't like fatalities, and they're a waste of time to him, but teabagging and doing fatalities are 2 completely different things.

    One's built into the game and is intended to be an award for the winner and the other is a move that people do online in a FPS to piss people off within the whole "dudebro" community.

  14. #30
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,952
    Thanked: 445
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    I understand that he wants to get onto the next match and doesn't like fatalities, and they're a waste of time to him, but teabagging and doing fatalities are 2 completely different things.

    One's built into the game and is intended to be an award for the winner and the other is a move that people do online in a FPS to piss people off within the whole "dudebro" community.
    At the end of the day, though, they both serve the same purpose: to rub their victories in their defeated opponent's faces, which is what he was getting at with the "it's no different from teabagging" statement he made. He wasn't actually comparing them, he simply used the two as examples to illustrate his overall point.

    Your point basically boils down to "one was actually implemented in the game, the other wasn't", and while the fact that teabagging and fatalities themselves are completely different isn't exactly wrong, it's irrelevant to the core point that he was trying to make.

  15. #31
    Shaolin Monk Liu Kang93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    439 East District.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanked: 136
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    I understand that he wants to get onto the next match and doesn't like fatalities, and they're a waste of time to him, but teabagging and doing fatalities are 2 completely different things.

    One's built into the game and is intended to be an award for the winner and the other is a move that people do online in a FPS to piss people off within the whole "dudebro" community.
    You guys are looking at it the wrong way. In fighting games it doesn't look like a tea bag at all. It look more like a b-job. So they way I see it they are finishing me one way or another

    Seriously tho I personally love doing fatalities. I have beendoing the same two fatalities for two years now. I just do it on instinct. It's like the fatality is a part of me


  16. #32
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,035
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2888
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Kang93 View Post
    You guys are looking at it the wrong way. In fighting games it doesn't look like a tea bag at all. It look more like a b-job. So they way I see it they are finishing me one way or another

    Seriously tho I personally love doing fatalities. I have beendoing the same two fatalities for two years now. I just do it on instinct. It's like the fatality is a part of me

    It does look more like a bj.

    Same here, for me.
    I do it as a natural instinct.
    ↑ ↓ ← → Triangle is second nature to me with Rain and both → ↓ → Triangle & ↓ ← ↓ → Triangle are 2nd nature to me with Sub-Zero.



    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Overlord View Post
    At the end of the day, though, they both serve the same purpose: to rub their victories in their defeated opponent's faces, which is what he was getting at with the "it's no different from teabagging" statement he made. He wasn't actually comparing them, he simply used the two as examples to illustrate his overall point.
    He was comparing them, though.
    By saying that fatalities are no different than "someone teabagging and jumping over you," IS making a comparison of the 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Overlord View Post
    Your point basically boils down to "one was actually implemented in the game, the other wasn't", and while the fact that teabagging and fatalities themselves are completely different isn't exactly wrong, it's irrelevant to the core point that he was trying to make.
    It's not irrelevant to the point, because even though his core point was that he's thinks that they're both not part of the match, he still compared them both, which is why I stated the difference between the 2.
    Had he not compared them both, I wouldn't have stated the difference between them.
    My reply would have been completely unrelated in that case.
    This is not the case, though.
    Last edited by Commander; 04-24-2013 at 10:52 AM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:


  18. #33
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    239
    Thanked: 28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    and I definitely won't ever quit out because luckily for me Injustice has no fatatlies.
    Theoretically, what if someone starts up a special cutscene move when you have so little health left you know you're going to die?

    I don't understand fatalities, like many other things about MK so I don't care to use or see them. But to me finishing with a special makes sense in Injustice. Lex evaporating the enemy with his laser ball or (angry) Superman throwing his opponent in orbit fits.

  19. #34
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by prpletrltle View Post
    Theoretically, what if someone starts up a special cutscene move when you have so little health left you know you're going to die?

    I don't understand fatalities, like many other things about MK so I don't care to use or see them. But to me finishing with a special makes sense in Injustice. Lex evaporating the enemy with his laser ball or (angry) Superman throwing his opponent in orbit fits.
    of course I wouldn't quit out on that...

    your doing un-clashable damage. It makes sense to do. And they're doing it with the intent to win. It's no different than sitting through a combo.

    Where as fatalities happen AFTER a match is ALREADY over.

    put it this way, you use X-ray to finish a round when I have 2% life left? Awesome.

    I'm sitting there bobbling my head after the round is over, and you take the time to do an X-ray? Not awesome.

  20. #35
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,637
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4920
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    NRS, please get your shit together. Dudes are mocking you with your mistakes


    Dude just sent me this shit after I beat his Deathstroke with Bane

    130429-0101-28.jpg

  21. #36
    Shaolin Monk Eclipso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,458
    Twitter
    @eclipso23
    Xbox Live
    Shin Eclipso
    PSN
    Varacolachi
    Thanked: 72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    NRS, please get your shit together. Dudes are mocking you with your mistakes


    Dude just sent me this shit after I beat his Deathstroke with Bane

    130429-0101-28.jpg

    That they are, Im only playing in small sessions myself becuase of it.

  22. #37
    Black Dragon Recruit TwinSnakes89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    562
    Thanked: 60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Well thats it I have officially had my fill of these people. I am at 20+ disconnections and just had 5 rage quits in a row, IN A ROW!!

    So here it is; the complete list of all the people you should avoid:

    - Phil2244
    - marioulis17
    - muppetts99
    - abdulkarim33 <=== This one is amusing because he blew all his meter on Ares super when I was full screen distance away. His fail the quit led to another disconnect _
    - Hellboy0803 <=== DO NOT FIGHT HIM, 3 TIMES HE HAS QUIT
    - cliff71
    - T-POD
    - TRB1000
    - lamby457
    - alfreddowilson
    - SnuggleBerry
    - Tidsu
    - ruji
    - Ceeeeepeda
    - Smithy_Boy7
    - dergeselle
    - Oberchab
    - MasDigital
    - SanioLetuchiy
    - yojimpo
    - asterixco
    - slayler93
    - tboy96
    - X99718
    - Plummer_C2
    - ebhknxuq
    - Xx_Nath_Syko_xX
    Last edited by TwinSnakes89; 04-29-2013 at 01:11 PM.

  23. #38
    Shaolin Monk
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,777
    Twitter
    @Officialrikolaw
    Xbox Live
    EMPR WC
    PSN
    RikoLaw
    Steam
    RikoLaw
    Thanked: 373
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    NRS, please get your shit together. Dudes are mocking you with your mistakes


    Dude just sent me this shit after I beat his Deathstroke with Bane

    130429-0101-28.jpg
    I would have lost my $#!t on that dude!

  24. #39
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,035
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2888
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinSnakes89 View Post
    - abdulkarim33 <=== This one is amusing because he blew all his meter on Ares super when I was full screen distance away. His fail led to my disconnect _
    So, you disconnected after he did that?

  25. #40
    Black Dragon Recruit TwinSnakes89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    562
    Thanked: 60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: *Sigh* Disconnects and quitters _

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    So, you disconnected after he did that?
    No. Thats clearly my sentence structure fail there :P (Edited it)

    He left, and I got a disconnect

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why are their so many quitters?
    By StatisticalPizza in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 07:59 PM
  2. Is there a punishment for rage quitters??
    By DiegoTKD in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 08:55 PM
  3. sigh... sadface
    By Sal8a in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 12:47 AM
  4. *sigh*
    By Shinnokxz in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 11:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •