Wonder Woman Guide ~ Nope, still no match

BBBLP

Robot Rock
wonder_woman_by_rnzzz-d3hbv4u.jpg

~~Wonder Woman~~

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Community Guide

Let's kick it off. This busty man-manfaced broad is a bruiser. She moves fast and hits hard. Never letting up on her opponent, Wanda's goal is to crush a brotha with fierce pressure, hardy mixups that all lead to beefy combos and an overwhelming corner game. Do your job right and your opponent will be dead before the timer hits 70.

~Notations~

1 [X on 360 - Square on PS3]
2 [Y on 360 - Triangle on PS3]
3 [A on 360 - X on PS3]
4 [B on 360 - Circle on PS3]
E = environmental interaction button [RB on 360 - R1 on PS3]
st. = Standing position
cr. = Crouching position
f = forward
b = back
d = down
u = up
nj = Neautral jump
ji = jump in
Ex/MB = Meter Burn = Used with Meter Button [RT on 360 - R2 on PS3]

Spoiler:

Lasso Grab 12% (df1): Safe ranged attack that does nice damage. Great midscreen combo ender. Ex version 5% more damage, and grants a damage & defense buff to Wonder Woman.

Straight Tiara 7% (bf2): Projectile that cannot be parried. Terrible recovery, but you can press MB after you've thrown it to give it boomerang properties stunning your opponent and allowing you to follow up with a combo if you're within range. Ex is great oki tool since you get a full combo if you're close enough. Though Ex hits them from behind, it doesn't cross up.

Amazon Uppercut 7% (df3): Shoryuken type move, unsafe on block that has Wonder Woman firing her body upward at a steep angle. Allows for good follow up combos in the corner. A decent wakeup attack, but you have better options. Used naked can catch people off guard, but it's best not to rely on random bullshit.

Air Amazon Uppercut 10% (udf3): A great 'body dart' move that propels WW forward at an incredible speed. Knocksdown on hit. Punishable by full combo if blocked. Best used low to the ground via "Instant Airing" it. Or used high up to escape things like Grundy's super or a Doomsday charging at you with trait. Has a large hitbox.

Amazonian Smash 8% (udb3): An overhead attack used after jumping that has Wonder Woman crashing down to the ground at a 45 degree angle. It does not knockdown and it doesn't allow a follow up combo unless you do the EX version.

Lasso Spin 7% (db3): A Kung Lao-esque spin that is best used on wake up. Pops up for full juggle. Has a slow startup. Has no Ex variant. Best Wakeup option

Spoiler:

b2: Her back medium has great range and is relatively safe when used at maximum distance. It hits over head and can be canceled into anyone of her specials or the follow up 3 hit. A very solid anti air to boost. Can be parried

cr.1, 2: Her crouching light is her fastest normal, is a safe mid and has a safe follow up hit that can be used to confirm into any of her specials. A great tool in a poke war. This is your get out of jail card. After a string has been blocked, it's best to toss this out to stuff a counter attack. Be wary of neutral jumps or parries however.

3,3: Standing heavy is a low starter who's follow up 3 pop up the opponent for combo opportunities. By itself it's -3 on block, but with the follow up it's +2. Best used against someone's wake up when you think they'll try blocking high. Also useful when dashing up towards someone to scare them into thinking you'll b2

2,3: Most important combo filler at an intermediate level. 2 hit combo knocks the opponent so high that it can be done over and over in the corner up to 5 times depending on what proceeded it. No place outside of combos

j3: An essential part of Wanda's arsenal. This move has a really nice hitbox in front of it, below it and partially behind it. Great for crossing up at close range. Does nice damage and starts some beefy combos when done close. Can hit from 2 dashes away. Use this while jumping backwards to keep your opponent honest, slapping them out of the sky when they try chasing you in the air

j2: A good combo starter that has deceptive reach. Primary combo starter from the air. Very useful after an air dash to cross up them up.

b1,1,3: Primary combo starter. Has decent startup and nice range. When it's blocked you have a few options. Tiara will push the opponent back, and remember you can hit it Ex button after you've thrown it to catch them from behind, allowing you to stuff a counter attack with a combo of your own. It is dangerous though because if someone sniffs if out then can duck during the string and your Tiara will whiff. Lasso has the same problem. Your best bet against someone who knows the matchup is to let the string finish and backdash since it's only -1 on block. Occasionally letting the string finish with Ex Tiara.

Spoiler:

Note that her corner 2, 3 juggles must be timed properly so that you don't go under the opponent. You can also hold back during the peak of the juggles to keep yourself from going under them.

Midscreen/Meterless/39% [42% with jiM]
b1, 1, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ b3 ~ ji3 ~ 2, 3 xx Lasso Grab

Midscreen/Meterless/44%
ji2, b1, 1, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ b3 ~ ji3 ~ b1, 1, 3 xx Lasso Grab

Midscreen/meterless/42%
ji3, 2, 3 ~ b3 ~ ji3 ~ 2, 3 xx Lasso Grab

Midscreen/meterless/45% [Credit to Critical Limit for the combo]
ji2, b1, 1, 3 ~ b3 ~ ji3 ~ b1, 1, 3 ~ 2, 3 xx Lasso Grab

Midscreen/meterless/Low Starter/37%[41% with jiM]
3, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ b3 ~ ji3 ~ 2, 3 xx Lasso Grab

Midscreen/meterless/34%
Lasso Spin ~ 2, 3 ~ b3, ~ ji3 ~ 2, 3 xx Lasso Grab

Corner/meterless/38%[41% with ji2]
b1, 1, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 xx Amazon Uppercut

Corner/meterless/40%
ji3 or j3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 xx Amazon Uppercut

Corner/meterless/Low starter/36% [39% with ji2]
3, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 xx Uppercut

Corner/meterless/25%
cr.1, 2 xx Amazon Uppercut ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 xx Amazon Uppercut

Corner/meterless/32%
b2 xx Lasso Spin ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 ~ 2, 3 xx Amazon Uppercut
Optimal overhead corner combo when you are in range for the Spin to connect after b2

Corner/meterless/28%
b2 cancel into Amazon Uppercut ~ M, H ~ M, H ~ M, H ~ M, H cancel into Amazon Uppercut
Optimal overhead corner combo if not in range for a Spin to connect after b2

Corner/meterless/44%
b1, 1, 3, 4 ~ 1, 1, b1 ~ 1, 1, b1 ~ 1, 1, b1 ~ 1, 1, b1 ~ 1, 1 xx Amalthea Bash

Last edited:
Spoiler:

General Strategy

Overwhelm your opponent. Push them into the corner and begin to mix them up. b2, f3 and j3 for overhead starters and 3, 3 for low. Mix with your fast b1, 1, 3 to surprise them, back dash into b2, Ex Tiara oki and give them the occasional throw. Rinse and Repeat. Mid screen you can use your air dash to cross over your opponent. Practice the distance your air dash covers and which moves cross over at the distances. Everything in your disposal to get them into the corner.

Vs. Zoners

Play with your air dashes to screw with their anti air tactics. Your instant air qcf3 is a good move, but only sparingly. It can be punished. Also know that your projectile is also a force. Instant Air down Tiara while around midscreen to keep them honest with their projectile frequency. b2 into Lasso Grab when about 1 dash away from the opponent (Maximum distance for b2) to show that you aren't going to be crazy with your pressure. Zoners rely on impatience. They want you to get frustrated, get anxious to get in and make mistakes. Don't be afraid to take chip damage on your way in and remember, you take reduced chip damage when in your Shield stance.

Vs. Intense Pressure

Wake up Lasso Spin saves lives. However when predicted can lead to you eating a heavy combo. When the opponent goes for a cross up, dash under them and punish with b2, 3. When they try rushing you down, keep them honest with your b2. Air diagonal Tiara will help you out from 3/4's screen - full screen distance. Just take into consideration that your Tiara is incredibly punishable if thrown incorrectly.

Last edited:
Nice post can't wait to get home I haven't had a chance to get under wonder womans hood yet ;) but loved her in story mode. Gonna hit this up later. One question cause some of my tech has been sub par depending on the game/technique. How do you use cancels in injustice?

I know this guide is still under construction as well as mine, but you do realize you gotta include movesets from her Sword and Shield style as well, right?

No I don't. That (currently) useless shit isn't worth the words. I will mention it since it's good for bleeding the clock against zoners since you take reduced chip damage. But I don't see a reason other than that to list it. Better projectile too I guess

Yeah. If you gonna do the guide, can't be bias with just mainly useful stuff. Although it doesn't have to be very high detailed, a good WW player will know how to utilize on both of her styles, regardless how somewhat useless her Sword and Shield style is, offensive-wise. If you need help on some combos, refer to the Combo Thread that Reaver created, during which the demo was released. I've done a few combos with WW, using her Sword and Shield style.

Although I can't exactly tell you what to do with your own guide, but at least I can give you advice and tips on it.

Last edited:
I have it off. It isn't as important for her as it is Deathstroke (who has combos that only work with negative edge off) but I like having it off just so I don't have any accidental specials come out

No I don't. That (currently) useless shit isn't worth the words. I will mention it since it's good for bleeding the clock against zoners since you take reduced chip damage. But I don't see a reason other than that to list it. Better projectile too I guess

Actually this comment shows you don't know this character very well at all. Sword and Shield is actually better than lasso style. The Amalthea Bash can lock someone down the whole fight if you use it correctly. I beat lasso styles all the time with the shield.

Care to explain how?

How what?

The sword combo's are far better than the lasso and easier to pull off. People think that because the sword and shield style is a bit slower that it is worse but that simply isn't the case.

Any character that is going to use projectiles against you is going to eat up your health in lasso style. And too many specials are missed compared to the easier moves to pull off in sword.

If you can hit 100% of your specials you will do more damage than only hitting 70% that do a bit more damage.

How are they going to eat up your health when you have better mobility? No damage is favorable over chip damage.

I wasn't asking "how" in a confrontational way. I was asking so you could show me, give examples and I could add it to the guide.

How are they going to eat up your health when you have better mobility? No damage is favorable over chip damage.

I wasn't asking "how" in a confrontational way. I was asking so you could show me, give examples and I could add it to the guide.

The difference in mobility is hardly noticeable. You have your shield throws straight, up, and down to negate incoming attacks.

The combo I use most is Amalthea Bash (shield charge) with a meter burn for a double bash and even if its blocked I'm still left at an advantage to start my combo if I confirm it. The only way to interrupt the shield charge is with a super move.

You can follow up with any number of moves after you get the stagger or simply bash again, if your timing is right and you have meter to negate a block, you effectively have taken away over half a bar before they can hit you.

Also the benefit from negated damage is extremely helpful when fighting someone like deathstroke. Lasso stance works well against grapplers but so does shield if you use it correctly. I used to switch stances depending on who I was fighting but I have found that once you get hang of the shield it works well for anyone.

Its all about knowing your style very well though so you could do fine with lasso if you like it better but sword and shield certainly are not useless as you claimed earlier.

Practice with it and you'll begin to see the advantages. I've used both styles a lot and can say that I do better with the shield than the lasso.

The mobility is very noticeable when Lasso has an air dash and body dart attacks.

You've shown me Shield isn't completely useless. I still favor Lasso because of the combo potential.

Most of the beefy shield/sword combos I saw on Test your might requires MB of the shield toss, and they change into lasso stance to finish the damage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't sword/shield stance have much more +on block strings?

I'm not wonderwoman expert either.

But I think it's too early to say something is useless.

I think the styles are just so different that it's literally 2 different characters in one, and you don't like the other ones playstyle?

It's like Zelda/Shiek in Project M. Even with both characters being good, no one switches between them.