Hawkgirl: Time to Throw Down the Hammer

The closest to game balance that I know of off my library is Blazblue

S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen >> Arakune, Taokaka, Hazama
A Rank: Tager, Bang, Carl, Mu >> Relius, Noel, Platinum, Lambda
B Rank: Rachel, Litchi, Jin, Tsubaki, Makoto

the LOWEST rank character is B tier.

Meaning the WORST characters in the game are about "Mileena/Subzero" Tier.(only 5 of them)

And there is no S+

nearly everyone is viable. I believe Hakumen was low tier in Calamity trigger, and a hakumen won @ Evo.

but even "this game" isn't truly balanced.

Would you also call this "bad game design"

Please become a game developer and make a balanced fighter.

I can't wait to see you make a perfectly non-laughably balanced game.

My issue with BB is that Ragna, the easiest character in the game being one of the best. Theres no good reason he should be that strong. Hated his character ever since the beginning, no matter what 'tier' he is, same with Bang.......My god Bang....he is about as funny as cancer then Continuum Shift came along and made him ridiculously broken. Arcs logic is this....

1) Make stupidly strong character
2) In next game nerf them into oblivion (Noel and Makoto)
3) Keep Ragna and Hazama in top 5
4) Forget Tsubaki exists and nerf her for no good reason, she was decent in CS, bad in CS2, worse in CSE then they bloody remove her only good move the unblockable for CP.

This game has the same problem, Superman, Batman and Aquaman. All easy characters and all in the top 5.

But I thought this was a Hawkgirl thread? :p

It still is Twin, but strangeotron usually complains and talks about something else along with it.

Hey guys, I know this is an old argument that can be discussed in the General Gameplay Chat, but would you please reduce it to just being about Hawkgirl? I appreciate it.

Nope. I pointed out why Hawkgirl suffers. It was another that started whining about other games being unbalanced as if that's any relevance.

Nope. I pointed out why Hawkgirl suffers. It was another that started whining about other games being unbalanced as if that's any relevance.

Sign ups for Hello Kitty adventure island 3 are still open on the EVO homepage, I know you'll make Top 8 easily.

Strange :love:

Sign ups for Hello Kitty adventure island 3 are still open on the EVO homepage, I know you'll make Top 8 easily.

Strange :love:

The saddest part of your constant abuse is how it continues to make a bad game suffer. If people complained more NRS would have to fix stuff. Instead you believe that all people need to do is discover the magic win button that somehow exists. It's a fantasy.

Very late Update: Hawkgirl's 2nd swing on her MB Mace Charge is an overhead and hits crouching opponent more often by flying downward before swinging the weapon.

I have somewhat of an interest in learning this character a bit. She seems pretty interesting and one of the people I fight use her. Can you give me any tips? What are her overheads? Which moves are best for punishing? Like for example you block Aquaman's scoop or his other powerful strings. What are her options for punishing? BF2?

I was using her earlier and was just copying what other players would do which was D1 D1 D1 and then go for a BF2. Sometimes D1 D1 d1 then activate trait and do the low dive kick thing.

I have somewhat of an interest in learning this character a bit. She seems pretty interesting and one of the people I fight use her. Can you give me any tips? What are her overheads? Which moves are best for punishing? Like for example you block Aquaman's scoop or his other powerful strings. What are her options for punishing? BF2?

I was using her earlier and was just copying what other players would do which was D1 D1 D1 and then go for a BF2. Sometimes D1 D1 d1 then activate trait and do the low dive kick thing.

Usually when facing Aquaman, keep it only a few hits and keep him juggled because of his trait. Her overheads besides F+3 are: B+2, 3; Heavenward Stomp (While in the air, D+3); Air Mace Toss (While in the air, D, B+1); Wing Evade (D, B+2)>2 and the MB version of Mace Charge.

For punishing opponents after blocking, do 3, 2...... to either B+1, Mace Charge or Soaring Hawk, 2, 3 or Mace Charge. Or B+2, 2, Mace Charge (Use MB for more damage) or Wing Evade>3.

I just recently started to play as her. She's actually pretty fun. I'm playing my Injustice 1 again because of the arcade machine that gives out cards. lol