Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injustice= abyssmal netcode

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Injustice= abyssmal netcode

Injustice comes out in a few days which is totally cool. I'm very excited to see Netherealm release another fighting game that feels different, looks awesome and is fun. I take my hat off to Netherealm for being able to put out a fighting game every time that feels different. I would be very bored if all their fighting games felt the same. *street fighter*
    Unfortunately this won't be a day 1 purchase for me. Given netherealms track record, this game will have abyssmal netcode day 1 that will require a patch. So while story mode and offline training is cool, that will only fly with me so far. I will be severely disappointed to not be able to get what I pay for and thats complete online functionality. MK9 STILL sucks online and its bullshit that I cant pull of advanced strings online. I really hope these guys have been able to address their online mess these past two years(I doubt it but please ED prove me wrong) because to me Injustice will be just like MK9, a great game with shitty online and I buy fighting games to play online not so the computer AI and myself can have pillow talk day in and day out.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Re: Injustice= abyssmal netcode

Thread title = Abyssmal

You're only assuming. Since Gamespy is dead, Injustice will (hopefully) have different servers than MK

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Thread title = Abyssmal

You're only assuming. Since Gamespy is dead, Injustice will (hopefully) have different servers than MK
    Sorry bro, I'm not spending $65 based on "HOPE". You can, feel free let me know how that goes for you. You say I'm "assuming", well my assumptions didn't come crawling out of my ass, NRS has a track record that speaks loud and proud for itself.

Tarkatan Warrior Lin_Kuei_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's pretty much the epitome of assumption. You ignored everything bbblp said about what they've done with the new netcode. But do whatever u want man that's still not even a good reason to pass on the most hyped game of the year. I'm sure you'll give in after a week or two.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lin_Kuei_Commander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There's definitely input lag. There's only a handful who are playing it online right now, so it could just be the connection between those users. Compared to mk9 though, its a step up.

Hollywood Superstar ToferBooboo's Avatar
    PSN
    ToferPirateNinja
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I usually play these games with other people.
    Playing online is aight, but I much prefer to play with people who are next to me.
    (RAH)2 + (AH)3 + (RO+MA+RO) (MA)2 + (GA)2 + (OOH (LA)2)

Black Dragon Recruit
    Twitter
    @Attackthehouse
    PSN
    Lettysmith08
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToferBooboo View Post
    I usually play these games with other people.
    Playing online is aight, but I much prefer to play with people who are next to me.
    You've got the idea, local play is where it's at.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler Welby For This Useful Post:

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THEundying27 View Post
    Sorry bro, I'm not spending $65 based on "HOPE". You can, feel free let me know how that goes for you. You say I'm "assuming", well my assumptions didn't come crawling out of my ass, NRS has a track record that speaks loud and proud for itself.
    They do have a shitty track record. And their shitty track record comes from this

And since ^that^ no longer exists, it's safe to say the servers will at the very least be different.

Emperor of Outworld Immortal Reaver's Avatar
    Xbox Live
    SSyrax
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I play MK9 online to this day. No offense, but your loss.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Immortal Reaver For This Useful Post:

PSN
    thelombax
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Should really change the thread title; thought you were saying that the netcode IS abyssmal.

Though the game isn't out yet, I've heard mostly positive things from people who are playing it. People also got to remember that no matter how the game netcode is, a crappy connection is still a crappy connection lol.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mkray41 For This Useful Post:

Twitter
    @squirrelpion
    Xbox Live
    Squirrelpion
    PSN
    Squirrel1571
    Steam
    Squirrelpion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THEundying27 View Post
    Injustice comes out in a few days which is totally cool. I'm very excited to see Netherealm release another fighting game that feels different, looks awesome and is fun. I take my hat off to Netherealm for being able to put out a fighting game every time that feels different. I would be very bored if all their fighting games felt the same. *street fighter*
    Unfortunately this won't be a day 1 purchase for me. Given netherealms track record, this game will have abyssmal netcode day 1 that will require a patch. So while story mode and offline training is cool, that will only fly with me so far. I will be severely disappointed to not be able to get what I pay for and thats complete online functionality. MK9 STILL sucks online and its bullshit that I cant pull of advanced strings online. I really hope these guys have been able to address their online mess these past two years(I doubt it but please ED prove me wrong) because to me Injustice will be just like MK9, a great game with shitty online and I buy fighting games to play online not so the computer AI and myself can have pillow talk day in and day out.
    if you already know the following, please disregard, i just want to help you if you have a bad connection. have you done a speed test on your internet connection? what are your upload and download speeds? i have a pretty decent connection (8-14ms ping, 30mbps download/5mbps upload) and i rarely have problems playing people all over the U.S.. i'm not sure how far away immortal reaver and i are from each other but, every time we've played i never had any connection problems. mk9 has played just fine for me with a high speed connection. also, if you are playing on the ps3 the lag is substantially worse. having played the shit out of both versions i can attest that the ps3's online suffers greatly compared to the 360. you should always run a hardline connection to your modem or router but, if you have to use wifi make sure you are using an N+ band wi-fi router, not an old b or g. it also helps if you rest your router and modem every once in a while (i have mine set up to automatically reset everyday).

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squirrelpion For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelpion View Post
    if you already know the following, please disregard, i just want to help you if you have a bad connection. have you done a speed test on your internet connection? what are your upload and download speeds? i have a pretty decent connection (8-14ms ping, 30mbps download/5mbps upload) and i rarely have problems playing people all over the U.S.. i'm not sure how far away immortal reaver and i are from each other but, every time we've played i never had any connection problems. mk9 has played just fine for me with a high speed connection. also, if you are playing on the ps3 the lag is substantially worse. having played the shit out of both versions i can attest that the ps3's online suffers greatly compared to the 360. you should always run a hardline connection to your modem or router but, if you have to use wifi make sure you are using an N+ band wi-fi router, not an old b or g. it also helps if you rest your router and modem every once in a while (i have mine set up to automatically reset everyday).
    1. I play 360 version
    2.Running a hardline to the router

As far as my speeds is concerned I believe I average about 20-22mbps which isn't bad but we have a lot of wireless devices as well. Maybe it's time to upgrade and see if that changes anything. Thanks for the tip.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to THEundying27 For This Useful Post:

Emperor of Outworld Immortal Reaver's Avatar
    Xbox Live
    SSyrax
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

It's time to upgrayedd, with two D's for a double-dose of pimpin'.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Immortal Reaver For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Reaver View Post
    I play MK9 online to this day. No offense, but your loss.
    How is that possible when Glu Mobile has shut down ALL of GameSpy's gaming servers, then turned around and charged publishers obscene amounts of cash to get them reactivated? Perhaps you're assuming WB can actually afford what amounts to an online server ransom in these tough economic times...

Quote Originally Posted by Lin_Kuei_Commander View Post
    That's pretty much the epitome of assumption. You ignored everything bbblp said about what they've done with the new netcode. But do whatever u want man that's still not even a good reason to pass on the most hyped game of the year. I'm sure you'll give in after a week or two.
    Actions speak louder than words. Care to explain to me which among bbblp's words are actually backed up by NRS's actions, and vice versa? I'm really interested in knowing that.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

I didn't say anything about the netcode. I already know it was ass, I'm talking about the lack of Gamespy's shitty servers.

Tarkatan Warrior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lin_Kuei_Commander View Post
    Everything he said about the new net code? He didn't say anything about it other than NRS not using game spy servers and HOPING it works better.

Twitter
    @eclipso23
    Xbox Live
    Shin Eclipso
    PSN
    Varacolachi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackMonday View Post
    Hopefully that will get worked out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Reaver View Post
    It's time to upgrayedd, with two D's for a double-dose of pimpin'.
    Now this response I like!

Xbox Live
    Porshapwr
    PSN
    Porshapwr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I played for almost 5 hours online last night without ANY hiccups. It was brilliant and leagues ahead of MK. MK was a nightmare for months and even in end state, still wasn't "arcade worthy". I can say that Injustice online is like playing single player. It's that good.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Porshapwr For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information