Injustice Balance Concerns ~ Pre Release

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Most of us have not even set a finger on the upcoming Injustice, but already from the trailers and gameplay videos we have seen, concerns have been raised. So what do you think will be "OP" at launch?

My top concerns are Flash's Slow Time Trait, Cyborg's Regen and Grundy's simple grapples. I would delve further into my concerns, but I am beating ass in Tekken right now. So, you know. brb

With the whole interactive environment gimmick, I'm somewhat concerned of how it will favor some characters over others. I have feeling at some point, the community will find out which characters will be able to use them more reliably than others and with better results (damage, more favorable positioning, etc).

too early to tell IMO.

Time slow is gradual, and I haven't seen flash get hit during it yet, so maybe it deactivates if you hit him quickly enough.

If I had to make a guess....

I'm gonna say Sinestro/Batman will be top teir atleast early in the games life.

I really can't think of anything broken or unbalanced but I do remember a tournament held in France that had some top players there commenting that flash may be top tier during a interview.

There are some EX Finishers (X-Ray moves or whatever they call them) that are OP AS **** and do 40%-50% damage without even a combo. This was from the PAX Build I played though so im assuming things will change between then and release

There are some EX Finishers (X-Ray moves or whatever they call them) that are OP AS **** and do 40%-50% damage without even a combo. This was from the PAX Build I played though so im assuming things will change between then and release

They are defiantly changed from then. And if you do the Supermove in a combo it will prob be scaled down like the X-ray was in MK9

Jax and Kano do 40%+ with x-ray.

Plus to do the super moves you need 4 bars that's 4 Ex and your passing on for what you probably couldve done with just 2 bars. Green lantern has a 51% combo that uses two bars.

And your passing having meter advantage if they ever activate clash.

Those super moves will best be put to use to actually close a match. Otherwise your opponent can just activate clash when they get tapped and get a Garanteed 30% + life back.

So 40-50% supers don't worry me.

Kano's was also unblockable since it was a grab.

Oh how I love the rage.

yeah super damage isn't a good tool to call something "OP"

I mean look at Kano lol. He's like the worst of the worst in the game.

It's the tools they have, no one singular tool is gonna be enough to make someone good.

you need all the tools to work together in harmony.

Batman can bait an Anti-air with his cape, and whiff punish you.

THAT kind of thing is gonna make a character strong.

i'm more scared of batman's cape in the air than flash's time slow down.

He totally is the worst.
But he is my one true love.
So I stuck with him the whole time.

It really does take a whole set of moves to make a character good, not just a move here in there.
Frame advantages, priority on moves, and other things have to be taken into account for the character.

Sure Kano had an unblockable X-Ray that did 44% of your health, but he also had hard ass set ups for his combos to get in.

I like you, we're going to be best friends.

Im hoping Nightwing, Adam, and SHAZAM! Aren't to op, but Adams zoning will be spammed like noobs was abused. Im not really worried about balance Im more worried about the cool down times of specials.

yeah super damage isn't a good tool to call something "OP"

I mean look at Kano lol. He's like the worst of the worst in the game.

It's the tools they have, no one singular tool is gonna be enough to make someone good.

you need all the tools to work together in harmony.

Batman can bait an Anti-air with his cape, and whiff punish you.

THAT kind of thing is gonna make a character strong.

i'm more scared of batman's cape in the air than flash's time slow down.

Damn don't I know this to be the truth. I mained kratos in Mk9 and it took almost everything he had to win a round. Never stopped me though I played him more then anyone in the game.

Is wonder woman OP? With no dash cancel it makes it hard to get in on her. Her whip can hit you from a mile away and she has good anti-airs also. It's like no matter what I do, she can instantly counter it.