MK shaolin monks port still possible???

Noob Saibot 2011

I remember a while back folk were asking boon on his twitter if he would port MKSM to xbox and ps3. He seemed to be quite happy with the idea. I'll try to find the tweets later. Do you reckon it's still possible for this to happen. I never got to try MKSM and never knew About it back in the ps2 days. Do you think boon and his army should do this at some point or do you reckon it's too late now???

Should they? Absolutely. Will they? I highly doubt it. It wouldn't be in their best interest to put in effort to re-release an old game that will only yield them minimal gains.

I doubt minimal gains is a good way to describe it. Shaolin Monks is immensely popular. If they were to spruce it up a bit and add online co-op, you'd have a real winner.

It would be great to have a port of MKSM just as long as they don't screw up the music and sound effects like MKAK.

I'm siding with Jinko on this one.

Shaolin Monks is not immensely popular. Maybe within the fighting game community, but otherwise, it's overshadowed by the rest of the MK series, besides like Mythologies of course.

I doubt minimal gains is a good way to describe it. Shaolin Monks is immensely popular. If they were to spruce it up a bit and add online co-op, you'd have a real winner.

F*** yeah!!!

Just add the initial roster of MK9 and it'd be perfect!!!

I still play it to this day, in fact I am playing after an 8 year hiatus. It feels new and refreshing but the dialog is cheesy like cheddar. Now I have to remember how to do the survival mode, plus it's nice to have the MKII game too.

It would be great if a port came out this year, I would gladly pay for it for online co-op alone. Most of my friends have moved on so I play single player.

Meh.
I'd rather see them make the game that would have been MK: Fire and Ice, featuring Sub-Zero and Scorpion, as their next game.

The only thing good about MKSM is the fact that Kabal is voiced by this guy:

Elvis-Presley-9446466-1-402.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, Kabal has left the building!

I also have to agree with Jinko I mean don't get me wrong I love MkSm this is the game that basically introduced me to the series( I have known about Mk all my life MkSm was just the first one that I owned but that's another story for another day) but if you really looked at it how many people actually played MkSm. I mean just look at the amount of people who played MkSm and then look at the amount of people who played a game like DmC or RE4 Im pretty sure there is a big number difference. I know I'm pulling these numbers out my ass but I bet you 1 out of three people have owned MkSm.

I also have to agree with Jinko I mean don't get me wrong I love MkSm this is the game that basically introduced me to the series( I have known about Mk all my life MkSm was just the first one that I owned but that's another story for another day) but if you really looked at it how many people actually played MkSm. I mean just look at the amount of people who played MkSm and then look at the amount of people who played a game like DmC or RE4 Im pretty sure there is a big number difference. I know I'm pulling these numbers out my ass but I bet you 1 out of three people have owned MkSm.

That's why a Sub-Zero and Scorpion action game needs to be made, IMO.
Everybody and their mother knows who Sub-Zero and Scorpion from MK are.
NRS would have a license to print cash with that game. ;)

That's why a Sub-Zero and Scorpion action game needs to be made, IMO.
Everybody and their mother knows who Sub-Zero and Scorpion from MK are.
NRS would have a license to print cash with that game. ;)

You see I agree but also disagree. With An idea like Mk fire and ice. I would like to have another Mk adventure game but to star scorp and subby to me would make it boring. Don't get me wrong scorp and sub rank 2nd and 3rd on my top 5 kombantents but we have so many other characters that we really know nothing about. We already know about scorp and subby I just think it's dumb that NRS only focus on those two.

It will be a couple of years before the next generation consoles will take off. Afterall, not everybody is going to "upgrade" to a new console the moment it's launched. There is still some time for NRS to distribute digital copies of Shaolin Monks via PSN and XBL before the servers are inevitably shut down.

You see I agree but also disagree. With An idea like Mk fire and ice. I would like to have another Mk adventure game but to star scorp and subby to me would make it boring. Don't get me wrong scorp and sub rank 2nd and 3rd on my top 5 kombantents but we have so many other characters that we really know nothing about. We already know about scorp and subby I just think it's dumb that NRS only focus on those two.

I knew Liu Kang's MKII and MK3 Championship story, but that didn't make Shaolin Monks any less fun for me.
Plus, think about it, a Sub-Zero and Scorpion game could also feature Noob Saibot, Smoke, Cyrax and Sektor as well, as the're all tied in to that plot with escaping / being part of the Lin Kuei and getting screwed over by Quan Chi.
They could start up as enemies and end up like in Sub-Zero's MK9 ending, joining forces to fight a greater evil.

Maybe they could do something like beating the game with Scorpion lets you unlock Smoke or Cyrax, and by beating the game with Sub-Zero you unlock Noob Saibot or Sektor.

That may be true but that's all we knew that liu kang won the tournaments. With scorp and Sub we know just about everything about them. Why they are rivials, how scorpion became the hell spawn he is today, who really killed scorpions clan and so on and so on. The only way I could probably enjoy a scorp sub adventure game is if it takes place after the events of Mk9.