OFFICIAL GameCube MKD Thread

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Lets keep all MKD GameCube discoveries and questions to this thread.

See our MKD Guide News Update for all changes made to our MKD Guide for the GameCube today. Bigger updates will be followed up with new news posts here and on the front page. Minor updates will only be noted here.

I know I have a topic on this already, but is MK:Deception in most stores now or what (I know the release date was Feb 28).

I must say that the Gamecube version of MKD isn't too bad. I own the collectors edition of MKD for the XBOX and I love it. However, the gamecube version seems to run a bit faster in battle vs the XBOX version. Graphics are slightly different as well. I think the XBOX is a better version. However, I do like being able to play as Shao Kahn and Goro. All moves and fats work exactly as posted on the guide for these fighters. The only think I find a bummer with is there isn't much to unlock in it. Most of the characters are unlocked already and we XBOX/PS2 owners had to do a bit more with it. As much as I like the online play, having those two extra characters are cool but, they got a good bit for not having online play. Well, I own both just because I am a little bit crazy with MK so those are my thoughts on it. I am still going through the other modes in hoping to find anything else different about it. I do like Shao Kahn's taunt since it heals his life bar a little bit but, you can only do it three times a whole match. Thanks for listening and loving this site. See ya!

this game is AWESOME! I rented it today and had loads of fun playing it
i was up till 3'oclock playing it. the characters are good, puzzle is fun, konquest is bomb and the game is totally fun to play.

I love this game, i beat it with shao kahn and goro. Thats all irented it for, good game.

The game is great, probably my second favorite behind MKII. Chess, Puzzle, and Konquest are all great and obviously arcade is too. but i've only beaten the game with scorpion, mileena, and kenshi.

NinjareptilE said:
The game is great, probably my second favorite behind MKII. Chess, Puzzle, and Konquest are all great and obviously arcade is too. but i've only beaten the game with scorpion, mileena, and kenshi.

Same Here

I know this is old but Havik's ending is still the same.

I noticed in Shao Kahn's bio a mistake:

My defeat at the hands of the Earthrealm warriors had left me weakened, and my dominance in Outworld was waning.

Should be "waring"

and there's also a mistake in Goro's bio:

It was rumored that he has weakening and that our victory was inevitable

It should be "he was weakening"

Robot Commander said:
I know this is old but Havik's ending is still the same.

I noticed in Shao Kahn's bio a mistake:

My defeat at the hands of the Earthrealm warriors had left me weakened, and my dominance in Outworld was waning.

Should be "waring"

Ummm... Waning means to get slowly smaller like for example the moon has a wanning crescent.

In case you guys didn't know, Best Buy has the GC version for $29.99 now -- i think when it came out it was $39.99. Its a pretty good price for the game.

badrock said:
In case you guys didn't know, Best Buy has the GC version for $29.99 now -- i think when it came out it was $39.99. Its a pretty good price for the game.

Bah...I bought it about 4 weeks ago or so...definatly worth the extra ten bucks. :D

And, while I'm thinking about it, I think the whole Goro/Shao Kahn thing was extremely overrated. I mean, sure its cool to play as the "big boys," unfortunatly, they just made them suck.

I agree, the extra characters are more of a novelty. The only reason I bought it on cube is its the only console I have -- the online play makes the other two versions a better product IMO.

I really disagree with everyone saying that Shao Kahn and Goro "suck" on the cube. They're just as good as any other character. It mostly stems from people being jealous that the only actual GAMING system gets extra characters. Online play is extremely overrated. Only FPSs and MMORPGs belong online. People just bash the Gamecube because they got ripped off by the cost of PS2/XBOX for some stupid little extras like playing DVDs. OMG!!!1 Gamcube deosn't haf a HARDRIVE!!!1 Spare me.

Wyckid said:
I really disagree with everyone saying that Shao Kahn and Goro "suck" on the cube. They're just as good as any other character. It mostly stems from people being jealous that the only actual GAMING system gets extra characters. Online play is extremely overrated. Only FPSs and MMORPGs belong online. People just bash the Gamecube because they got ripped off by the cost of PS2/XBOX for some stupid little extras like playing DVDs. OMG!!!1 Gamcube deosn't haf a HARDRIVE!!!1 Spare me.

Umm, all I have is a cube. Whoops, there goes your entire argument. Hmm. :roll:

Wyckid said:

I totally agree. Gamecube is under rated because people felt like buying PS2 and XBox so they could do something that they already could do with the computers they have. My TV and Computer are in the same room, no sense in buying a PS2, or XBox, because now I can watch DVD's or listen to music AT THE SAME TIME I PLAY Gamecube.