How do you beat cheesy characters like Noob Saibot?

DarkSim905

I have a friend that's gotten me into playing Mortal Kombat again and am really enjoying what they've done with this game with all the throwbacks to the originals. My strongest character is Sub-Zero by far, followed by probably Stryker & Scorpion. I guess my question is how do you beat someone like Noob Saibot if you don't have a character that teleports, has a fast dash, or is able to do an overhead attack like Quan Chi or Sheeva's stomps? It's one thing that consistently gets me rage quit and runs the game for me. Along with how piss poor this game's netcode is (very unfortunate), this makes the game no fun.

:hello:

I hope MK doesn't have those silly fighting styles like DA did (I think). I hope it's more like this MK. I enjoy the game, it's just an annoyance that my friend always picks Noob. The thing is, it would be a bit more fair if the clones of himself were considered projectiles and not actual whole bodies: if you try to do certain character's shadow hits or anything that would reflect or be immune to a projectile, it doesn't work. If you do something that should technically be invulnerable to Noob's clones, or go through it like Sub-Zero's slide, it doesn't work like it should in previous games.

Pick Smoke, ''Shake'' every thing he throws at you

Sonya, d4 him and ex cartwheel him

Cage, as soon as you get in, he's in trouble, f2 pressure him and end your combos with a nut punch

Skarlet, ex red dash

Last edited:
I'm not the best subzero player here but I'll try to help I'm assuming you know the basics so When I say 2 1 2 I mean y x y or 2 1 4 I mean y x b since you're on xbox ok

Subzero always wins in projectile trades (ice ball)remember that even noob loses to them if noob throws clones at you and you can make that read just throw ice balls out this will freeze him every time (if you time it right) allowing you to dash in and combo him! Subby may take a hit but the damage you get off of the freeze is higher This allows sub to get in Noob's face which is what you want from there (keeping things simple) hit him with back 1 2 1 this will stagger him alowing you to dash in and mix it up with a throw or another combo for added chip damage. One last thing I will say is most noobs I face love to spam teleports when you try to jump in DON'T JUMP instead Down 4 him than clone if he tries to throw a forward clone (not the upward clone!!)out you can jump it than punish (2 2 freeze combo works best!!) The best advice I can give is stay close to noob DO NOT LET HIM GET DISTANCE subzero has a better close up game than noob so that's the way you want to play against him.

Hope that helps.

Pick Smoke, ''Shake'' every thing he throws at you

Does this actually work? I've never tried it.

I'm not the best subzero player here but I'll try to help I'm assuming you know the basics so When I say 2 1 2 I mean y x y or 2 1 4 I mean y x b since you're on xbox ok

Typically when I see 1234 I have to copy that crap in notepad, and do a find and replace to have it show Y X A B, or whatever the nomenclature is. I'll never understand where or when this whole numbering thing came from. Back in the day it was, FP, LP, FK, LK. Or FP, BP, FK, BK and you knew what each meant. An uppercut was always Down + FP, a Sweep was always Back + BK. Sorry. Just a nitpick. :\

The best advice I can give is stay close to noob DO NOT LET HIM GET DISTANCE subzero has a better close up game than noob so that's the way you want to play against him.

This does seem to help a lot. Hmm. What's the best way to get in close, though? I typically block, then dash forward as much as I can unless I know I can jump over his moves. :\

Typically when I see 1234 I have to copy that crap in notepad, and do a find and replace to have it show Y X A B, or whatever the nomenclature is. I'll never understand where or when this whole numbering thing came from. Back in the day it was, FP, LP, FK, LK. Or FP, BP, FK, BK and you knew what each meant. An uppercut was always Down + FP, a Sweep was always Back + BK. Sorry. Just a nitpick. :\
The reason that the Fighting community uses 1 2 3 4 instead of button inputs is because it covers all platforms and systems (Arcade ,xbox playstation and PC )every system has their own controller or fighting stick and inputs mapped out differently this limits confusion when a move is listed across multiple platforms.

This does seem to help a lot. Hmm. What's the best way to get in close, though? I typically block, then dash forward as much as I can unless I know I can jump over his moves. :\
The ice beam works wonders in a trade because it freezes him longer giving you plenty of time to get in but it does require you to burn meter. The trick is to bait noob into throwing his clone at you first this allows for a trade with a ice beam. There's no need in running noob down fool him into thinking he can zone you and punish him for it.

IF you're Xbox just look at your controller and it's 1X 2Y 3A 4B If you notice when you go by the numbers 1,2,3,4 it's in the shape of a crooked "N"

That's the easiest way to remember.

It's not so simple and easy to trade with noob. Noob has to let up in fear of a jump in or something or he's trying to bait a jump to give you time to ice-ball. otherwise you can't really trade unless you're already pretty close.

Your best bet is if you're full screen.

Block 1 shadow. Jump over the next shadow, when you land IMMEDIATELY dash, then block quickly. You should be able to get a full jump over his clone, and a dash block before his next clone hits you and that shortens the distance GREATLY. careful once you dash block he has many options depending on how close you are, but at the very least he might walk back a bit then try one more 50/50.

Noob will feel far less "cheesy" once you get in pattern. If he does his anti-air alot when your in jump range. Just throw an ice-ball at jump range. You'll freeze him anytime he tries to anti-air. IF you're afraid of anti-air or him doing something. D4 beats his upshadow if you space it properly, and you get advantage(As in you get control of your character before he does) so quickly do a fast attack like 2,2 or dash in and grab him or something depending on how he reacts.

I'd love to go into FULL matchup detail for you... but the options you and Noob have are ridiculous. I'll see if I can't find a stream of me playing Noob against someone

Meh only Sub vs Noob I could find. It's like 5 months old but maybe you can learn something from it. The matchup isn't in Subzero's favor IMO. It's like 6-4 in Noob's Favor.

[video]http://www.twitch.tv/panhandlemanhandlers/b/336998892[/video]

@ 1:27:30 is when a big set of matches of Subzero vs Noob starts.

Take notice of what I'm doing(I'm the Noob)

when I'm pure zoning, I wait for jumps, then throw a shadow to catch you out of the air with a running shadow.

To avoid this, When I do this It means I'm WAITING for a jump and not actively throwing shadows on the screen. which means you're free to just walk toward me because I'm waiting for your feet to leave the ground. IF I throw one at the wrong time, you get a jump over and you get to close a lot of distance which I don't like (when I'm zoning)

Last edited:
Here's Tom brady (Top subzero player) vs Madzin (Top noob saibot player)
good stuff from both to learn and Madzin's Noob is so god like!!