how do you combo reset or combo cancel (O _o?

taikoga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThXk6XiNMVI (4:07) take a good view at how that kung lao player execute those combos.. Now I've been playing mk9 for awhile and still cannot manage to string together combos like this guy have done... I've always wondered if you had to push a certain after a certain set amount of combos (like after 3 or 4 hits) or just push the buttons ultimately god like fast.. I've been doing a little research and from a few different sources, I found out that it was called either a combo cancel or a combo reset.. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this (O _o? I would love to string other combos together with my other favorite characters (^ _^!!!

Hello newcomer.

Anyway that wasn't a combo reset, that was just a combo believe it or not. See what that Kung Lao player did was combo his opponent with some style. If he had dropped the combo it would have registered to the side like 5 hits but instead he finishes his combo to get the full 17 hits. Got it?

oh... Ok... Well I guess I just have to go to practice mode and just keep practicing then (. _. But do you have any idea what a combo cancel (or reset) is? Because now I'm just dumbfounded of its meaning :v and thank you for the info btw (^ _^

Certainly chap, a combo that is intentionally dropped is a reset.

For example we have Cyrax's bomb reset,

Notice how Cyrax uses a net already near the beginning of the combo, if he were to use that net again then the opponent you pop out of the combo. However, since Cyrax threw the bomb out then the net the opponent has no chance of escaping the incoming reset. Does that make sense?