Mortal Kombat 3 PC Windows problem

aberk81

I need help with Mortal Kombat 3 PC Windows, The problem is it works fine until when i get to Character Select. I use Random Select, but the game crashes. and i get stopped working error :( I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Has anyone had this problem before?

mk3 is a pretty old game. are you sure its for windows? i used to have mk3 on pc waaaay back in like the DOS days. i had to exit windows to play it.

Yes I use compatibility in properties and I set to Windows 95

Yes I know it's Windows

Last edited by a moderator:
Have anyone have that problem too?

LOL!

You cant play it in Windows! It must be played in DOS! Trust me. I remember trying to play it IN Windows back in the day, and it ALWAYS crashed at the character select screen. Loaded it up in DOS, and it worked GREAT! Personally I think it had better blood and graphics then even in the Arcade version. PLUS, you can play big head mode and mini mode and extra blood mode and everything. Pretty cool! Just search up online for those modifications. it will tell you how to do it. When in DOS, you gotta start off the game with:

c:\>MK3 -blahblahblah

replace blah with some sort of word or number.

:D

LOL!

You cant play it in Windows! It must be played in DOS!

LOL! There are distinct DOS and Windows versions, and from your description I bet you have never even encountered the latter so try not to offer an opinion on things you don't know about.

I have the same problem with MK3 for Windows. Can someone help? I have already played the DOS version but the gameplay is totally different according to many sites. The Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe Edition for Windows is a buggy mess even with patches, and has truly horrible DRM that ruined my friend's Windows setup so I'm not going to touch it. Moreover its MK3 gameplay is not the same as that of the original MK3 for Windows. I really hope I don't have to install Win95 in a VM just for MK3...

Last edited:
LOL! There are distinct DOS and Windows versions, and from your description I bet you have never even encountered the latter so try not to offer an opinion on things you don't know about.

I have the same problem with MK3 for Windows. Can someone help? I have already played the DOS version but the gameplay is totally different according to many sites. The Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe Edition for Windows is a buggy mess even with patches, and has truly horrible DRM that ruined my friend's Windows setup so I'm not going to touch it. Moreover its MK3 gameplay is not the same as that of the original MK3 for Windows. I really hope I don't have to install Win95 in a VM just for MK3...

How can they be different?... lol

How can they be different?... lol

The Windows version was a port of the PS one, and gameplay-wise differs from the DOS version. Moreover the very fact that they are meant for different platforms (Windows vs DOS) means they present a very different set of challenges when it comes to getting them to run successfully on modern systems. So let me repeat that people (including me) are asking for help with running the former and not the latter.

The Windows version was a port of the PS one, and gameplay-wise differs from the DOS version. Moreover the very fact that they are meant for different platforms (Windows vs DOS) means they present a very different set of challenges when it comes to getting them to run successfully on modern systems. So let me repeat that people (including me) are asking for help with running the former and not the latter.

You are correct. I did the research and saw comparison videos... wow.. i didnt know they even had a Windows version... and how different it was opposed to the DOS version. Pretty neat.

Cheers
:)