Mortal Kombat Trilogy Extended [by MKTX Team]

you know what's the funniest part?
I won't have to pay £50 for this on release to play a sh1tty ass broken game aka mortal kombat x on pc
in fact, if i had a choice, i'd rather give that money to these devs than to nrs
keep up the good work guys, this looks awesome

Hello! We noticed, that you would like to support for MKTX development. And decided to make special account on PayPal for that purpose. We appreciate any possible help. And give the word, that everything will be spent usefully. In return, we will be more motivated to continue our hard work. We count on your understanding, wallets addresses posted below.

WebMoney:
R247406193785; Z136963546804

PayPal:
fox-gray@ya.ru

Definitely will give some $ when I get paid. This is a project I want to see through to completion and beyond. :v

I disagree. This takes away from the satisfaction of pulling off a finisher. Anyone can perform any of the combinations, it's just a matter of practice makes perfect.
If the commands for each finish move is different and this game is going to have so many characters, how are they going to be remembered, anyway? Isn't that the very reason the original MK: T had this option?

And I don't think it's only a matter of practice. Allow me to explain: sometimes, for whatever reason, the game does not wait for you to perform the right command to finish the opponent, or you may know the combination and anything can prevent it from being sucessfully done, whether it's the use of a bad controller that can't be handled properly, some kind of lag or even if you didn't walk into the right location of the scenario and only then did the combination (some fatalities require you to not come close to the defeated character). And a few require you to hold that button for X seconds and do another combination. I always failed to count the seconds (for more or less), in the heat of the game anyone can make such mistakes.

You seem to think it's some kind of feat to know how to do any finish move. Perhaps that was the case when MK was first released in the 90's, not now when we have many finish moves for many characters. I would agree with something like: 1st fatality for all 100 characters: right, left, high punch, 2nd one: right, left, low punch, a simple variation like that, not these two combinations, plus another 200 different ones.

In my opinion the finish moves are not the best aspect of MK. That equates to saying an orgasm is the only thing that matters in the whole sex act. How both opponents performed during the match is more important, for example, how you managed to defeat someone, even if you not used too much the special moves. When I played MK 2 for Super NES, I never managed to defeat Kintaro, only much later I tried a better approach and finished the game.

MK is so great that can provide us with moments such as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuSU-ytJKwM

At 1:39 the player failed epically while trying to do Scorpion's teleport and Shao Kahn's kick was hilarious in that context. For that to happen it had to be programmed with that possibility in mind. So while I agree for some it would be valid to do all these commands for finish moves, there should be an option to simplify the thing. I like more options in any game, when they lack many possibilities, chances are you are not going to find it has too much replay value:

Replay value is a term used to assess a videogame's potential for continued play value after its first completion. Factors that influence replay value are the game's extra characters, secrets or alternate endings. The replay value of a game may also be based entirely on the individual's tastes. A player might enjoy repeating a game because of the music, graphics, game play or because of product loyalty. Dynamic environments, challenging AI, a wide variety of ways to accomplish tasks, and a rich array of assets could result in a high replay value.

Sure, this could not be feasible in a project like this or might add extra time, but if can be done, I'd say go for it. Newer games are boring in the sense you can't just contemplate them when you want. Sometimes I just pick one of the videos posted here and watch the finish moves, just like when I did when played a game like Resident Evil with all items and infinite health *.

* The last GTA does not allow this for more than 5 minutes. I remember in the 90's I used Game Shark codes for many odd things, and now it appears these oddities are either gone or you can only do what the developers want (in terms of "cheats"), and the possibilities are slim. So the replay value dropped drastically for me.

First of all, the special moves in MK are much easier to figure out than the fatalities. Mostly because you know right away when you do it a few times, after trying to guess the characters' moves (and the commands are not really that complex), while guessing how a fatality is executed is very improbable-- you have to know the exact distance, the command input, AND some times you have to hold the block button. Your comparison is apples and oranges.

Second of all, he said that it feels satisfying to pull off a fatality, not that it's the only thing that matters during the match-- The satisfaction is in humiliating the player after he's defeated by actually remembering such a complicated, hence why. That should be beyond obvious, it's like saying "water is important in life", and then come out and say "breathing is also very important! Don't pretend water is the only thing that matters!". Like, no shit, Sherlock.

And third of all... you should've seen my post:

Not to mention that the game outright gives you a commands list, that includes how to pull off every finisher for the character you're using. That's something the classic MK games didn't have, and should already help those who don't have great memory.

If you really need an easy Fatality option even after having a command list right in front of you, then you might as well demand for an option like "single button special moves", or "single button combos".

I love how you're giving characters a full character treatment, not the lame MKT way where they just ported it over and added 1/2/3 dial-a-kombos and called it a day.

Glad to see Cyber-Sub Zero come! I'm curious tho, how much of him has changed from the earlier videos you posted...3 years ago? o:

I can honestly say I would never have dreamt in a million years that my fatality button combination comment would be responded with a comment that mentioned sex and orgasm comparisons. Wow.

I can honestly say I would never have dreamt in a million years that my fatality button combination comment would be responded with a comment that mentioned sex and orgasm comparisons. Wow.

Welcome to typical communist parrot humor.

& what's the update on this garbage fangame anyway? Still having trouble with the window resolution?

I have reason to believe that IS Fireboy evading a ban. Only the mods themselves can check that for sure though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I have reason to believe that IS Fireboy evading a ban. Only the mods themselves can check that for sure though.

It's not, but at the same time, coming here just to dump all over someone/thing/project without having any real worth outside of that, that's gonna be a warning for him.

Wow, how can anyone call this project garbage?? The level of detail, knowledge and passion that's obviously gone into this is absolutely, indisputably PHENOMINAL. And unlike 99% of Mortal Kombat fan-games, this is actually styled in a way to look as though it could be a REAL MK game from back in the day, which is the reason why I'm personally more interested in seeing the progress of this than any other project. What a laughably ridiculous and pathetic comment to make.

Wow, how can anyone call this project garbage?? The level of detail, knowledge and passion that's obviously gone into this is absolutely, indisputably PHENOMINAL. And unlike 99% of Mortal Kombat fan-games this actually looks like it could be a REAL MK game from back in the day, which is the reason why I'm personally more interested in seeing the progress of this than any other project. What a laughably ridiculous and pathetic comment to make.
I'm all for criticizing projects and all that, but the last person to do so to this particular project resorted to full-blown Character Assassination against [MENTION=13155]Le@N[/MENTION], accusing him of transgressions that never happened in the first place, and even made multiple accounts to continue his bullshit.

I'm all for criticizing projects and all that, but the last person to do so to this particular project resorted to full-blown Character Assassination against [MENTION=13155]Le@N[/MENTION], accusing him of transgressions that never happened in the first place, and even made multiple accounts to continue his bullshit.

Trust me I am one of the most obsessive, perfectionist, and passionate fanboys you will ever meet. I can find constructive criticisms to make on virtually anything. And I think this project is AMAZING and can think of very little I would change. If I worked at Netherrealm I would have attempted to hire some of the people behind MKTX, the MK HD project, and that Mortal Kombat Reincarnation guy (Random+MK I think was his name) as soon as I saw their work. These are the sorts of MK games Netherrealm should be making. Games made with incredible knowledge, passion and respect for the MK history and mythology. MK9 was pretty good but it's projects like these remind me of how it could have been the greatest MK game ever made if it had even gotten close to the level of dedication and quality of fan projects like these.

I don't post very often here but I could not stand back and let someone talk that kind of trash to these guys. Totally undeserved and out of line.

Will not be large offtopic if I'll show this photography?
Was found in network by visitor of MKTX group.

Spoiler:
922d32b4d11e.jpg