Mortal Kombat Legacy (The Video Game)

JustMKollum

Hey everyone!

I thought up of an idea...

how would you like to see the Mortal Kombat: Legacy characters in a video game? Or a Mugen game?

Because, I started creating a bust of Ian Anthony Dale for Scorpion...

ian_anthony_dale__scorpion__bust_progress_by_justmkollum-d5rsoe1.jpg

and I figured why not use this model to build the actual Scorpion in his attire from Mortal Kombat Legacy?

Go easy on me with Scorpion's bust so far, it's just a work in progress. Obviously I don't need to go into complete detail on the head, if I'm going to actually put him in his Scorpion attire; since he'll be wearing a mask. I am also working on Michael Jai White (Jax) as we speak.

I thought maybe this would be a good idea since many MK Fans have been exposed to the web series and gave it good reviews. I figured it would be awesome to start a project and make these actors playable!

I felt the other project, MK Vengeance was a fail. So I would like to start smaller and work on MK Legacy, since I'm a big fan of it like everyone else.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Ian Anthony Dale Bust Progress.jpg
    Ian Anthony Dale Bust Progress.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 140
The bust is nice of course but what is your selling point for playing this game?

Like why should I play this if I have MK9? More importantly MK Legacy was short so what are you going to do for the means of story?

Basically this would be just like the Mugen Project that the guys in the other thread are looking for except with the characters from MK Legacy. Honestly though I would not play because I've already seen the series.

My advice is to start creating your own original thing man, seriously the details on the face are very good for a work in progress.

The bust is nice of course but what is your selling point for playing this game?

Like why should I play this if I have MK9? More importantly MK Legacy was short so what are you going to do for the means of story?

Basically this would be just like the Mugen Project that the guys in the other thread are looking for except with the characters from MK Legacy. Honestly though I would not play because I've already seen the series.

My advice is to start creating your own original thing man, seriously the details on the face are very good for a work in progress.

Well, MK Legacy is growing dude. I could add Season 2's character to the roster if I wanted to.

Honestly, MK Legacy has a good amount of characters I could put into this game.

Think about it,

Scorpion
Sub-Zero (Bi Han)
Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang)
Ermac
Sonya
Jax
Stryker
Johnny Cage
Kitana
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Raiden
Kenshi
Baraka
Mileena
Sindel
Kano
Sektor
Cyrax
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Shao Kahn

I know Reptile isn't in the web series, but it would be awesome to add him into the roster, since he was in that MK Rebirth trailer.

Honestly, I was harshly critiqued for having too much of a long roster in my other project. A lot of people was assuming that it would have been a quantity over quality game, considering there are over 30 characters in our roster. I also felt our storyline for the game was weak, and people wouldn't care for it. It was hard trying to make changes to our roster. And if we dramatically touched our roster, it would alter our storyline quite a bit, since a lot of characters had vital roles to the storyline that we had, which we didn't know if the fans would appreciate it or not.

I thought if we could make an MK Legacy game, it would draw more views towards our future projects we would create. I figured MK Legacy would allow me to start smaller and work my way up. If you guys think this is a bad idea, I can always still use Ian Anthony Dale's bust for Scorpion in another game.

I think you should go for it. Who knows, you may even catch a small side deal with the Legacy team. Have them host your game on their site if its good enough.

I say go for it. And add Rebirth costumes too. Just a little nod to the roots.

I would support this 100 percent, and I actually have a 3d model of Ian including a legacy mask I was working on a year ago, this would be epic if done correctly, sadly I can just do 3d, I cant do anything else...

28vx0tx.jpg

And here is some work in progress of Ian , his mask and him wearing a UMK3 outfit, let me know if I can help somehow

novz4j.jpg

I would support this 100 percent, and I actually have a 3d model of Ian including a legacy mask I was working on a year ago, this would be epic if done correctly, sadly I can just do 3d, I cant do anything else...

28vx0tx.jpg

And here is some work in progress of Ian , his mask and him wearing a UMK3 outfit, let me know if I can help somehow

novz4j.jpg

Wow! That's very interesting too! The model looks great. I may just have you on the team, if I other things work out, like getting more team members and seeing if I can finish my model and make it look good. I'm guessing you must be a big Scorpion fan too. :)

I think you should go for it. Who knows, you may even catch a small side deal with the Legacy team. Have them host your game on their site if its good enough.

I say go for it. And add Rebirth costumes too. Just a little nod to the roots.

That would be awesome to get some recognition. Gabe/Bleed and his team got some obvious recognition for the MK HD Project, and I feel we can do it if we really put some effort into this.

I'm going to continue my Scorpion model and take it from there. =)

Bizarre post.

Why should you play it instead of MK 9? Well, you don't have to but I'm sure it will be a different experience, especially on MUGEN.

MK HD isn't the only MK based MUGEN project and it's weird that you said you wouldn't play it because you've seen the series. How does that effect it? if anything, this project should enhance the series.

Sounds like an interesting idea, I too say go for it. However I would think its best to just stick to the legacy storyline/character appearances and make it somewhat like a stand alone thing to the legacy series without much influence from the main games, it would feel unique and different that way. :)

Stick to the storyline or make your own?

Or add more to the orginal storyline? Lol

I think I'm going to stick with the original storyline, but add more to it, mainly just arenas. Honestly, I can't think up of many arenas for the game. I only have a few listed from the actual series, but it's not enough. I will add arenas that will seem to go along with the storyline for MK Legacy the best.

As of characters, I might just add Reptile as a bonus character in his MK Rebirth appearance.

I've also been thinking, how would you like to see Blue or Hydro appear in the game as playable characters, since they were in the series?

However, I don't know how it would work out with Blue being in the game, because has no defined powers. Hydro might work out better, but do you guys approve?

Hydro is the better option I think
He was actually in the series and such. you could use the moves of Cyber Sub , that's just a though

I think I'm going to stick with the original storyline, but add more to it, mainly just arenas. Honestly, I can't think up of many arenas for the game. I only have a few listed from the actual series, but it's not enough. I will add arenas that will seem to go along with the storyline for MK Legacy the best.

As of characters, I might just add Reptile as a bonus character in his MK Rebirth appearance.

Oh wow, sounds nice. As far as the arenas go, how about one arena like the one episode from legacy, sub and scorps fighting scene,look@ ^^Hanzo's sig! Reptile looked sicked in his rebirth appearance! Lol creepy but cool! I always believed reptile shoulda stick to a normal looking ninja, but that's my opinion! Lol!

Here is my progress on Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa's face/bust in Zbrush for Shang Tsung.

caryhiroyukitagawaprogr.jpg

Attachments

• caryhiroyukitagawaprogr.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 88
I defined and detailed the skin of the face a bit more and reshaped the jawline, making it more squared.

Here is the view of Cary Tagawa/Shang Tsung from the side.

Here is what I have now for Cary Tagawa/Shang Tsung.

cary_hiroyuki_tagawa__shang_tsung__progress_by_justmkollum-d5s1yt8.jpg

I spent the last 2 hours getting to polypaint the face, and this is the results I have now. Let me know what you think.

Last edited: