Why everybody hate this game so mush?

He laughs at everything in every interview.

You've got to be the most stubborn person on this site. It is coming from the god damned creator's mouth that the game was made for kids. He may troll random people on the internet, but he wouldn't troll a news interviewer who could slander him and his game to high hell.

tumblr_inline_mkw2gev5H11rvfz2s.gif

I'm going to go debate with a wall now. Seems healthier

I have actually yet to see Ed Boon troll or blatantly lie in any interview. Of course he may have been wrong about somethings he thought were true (like how good Mk9's net code would be) but otherwise he conducted himself more or less professionally. Twitter though, is a different case altogether, but then again he wouldn't do that if majority of the fans weren't so pushy.

I have actually yet to see Ed Boon troll or blatantly lie in any interview. Of course he may have been wrong about somethings he thought were true (like how good Mk9's net code would be) but otherwise he conducted himself more or less professionally. Twitter though, is a different case altogether, but then again he wouldn't do that if majority of the fans weren't so pushy.

Of course.
Twitter didn't exist back then, so that's how he screwed with people back then.
Boon didn't become a troll or jokester, that's always been part of his personality, just like Rain in MK3, Ermac and Skarlet in MKII and all of the various ways that Ed Boon has screwed around WAY before the internet became a means of communication.

AC I hate to break it to but you're wrong on this one bro - Arcades were not regulated back then... console brought that to us with the help of Hilary Clinton... I grew up in an area populated with tons of arcade spots and my parents even owned a spot - those machines were not rated.

AC I hate to break it to but you're wrong on this one bro - Arcades were not regulated back then... console brought that to us with the help of Hilary Clinton... I grew up in an area populated with tons of arcade spots and my parents even owned a spot - those machines were not rated.

I never said that arcades were regulated, and that kids weren't allowed, so how am I wrong?
I was merely stating that just because MK was made for a mature audience and kids happened to walk in and play them, doesn't mean that those game were MADE for them.

As far as consoles regulating games goes, the console that started doing that was SNES with MK1 because Nintendo was and still is a family console, primarily.
Sure, Nintendo has violent games but it's primary market is family.

The lead is the same kid from the mag add that you failed to look at lmao... actually they are both in it. tell me another

The point was that it felt unoriginal.
If it happens again in MK10, would you excuse NRS again and also say "It's not like that happens in every MK game, just in the most recent three?"
What's wrong with wanting some originality and not having the same ending from the last game?
There's nothing wrong with wanting originality, but how exactly do two similar scenes for two games of a series mean otherwise? As I've pointed out before, the events that led up to and followed them are completely different. Taking two scenes out of context and criticizing NRS based on the similarities they have at face value isn't going to change that fact.

Compare it to other MK games. It is childish in my opinion. In no way, shape or form does it stack up to any other MK game excluding Mortal Kombat: Special Forces.That's just my opinion though. It was solely for an audience of young age. That kind of backs up my point a lot.
Solely for a younger audience? More like for a wider audience

I don't think you understand what the discussion is really about anyway. It's not about the quality of MKvsDC, it's about the feel/tone of it

Of course he would.
You must be new to Ed Boon's joking and trolling antics. :laugh:
Playful as Ed Boon may be notorious for being, that really only applies to his Twitter antics, not everything else as people make it out to be. There's a difference between trolling fans via his Twitter, and trolling in something like interviews (which as far as I know, he's never done) where he has to maintain his professionalism

Last edited:
Well oh well. I stated the reasons why I didn't like it. I actually have more reasons that I didn't bring up. Can you all not handle opinions? Lol. And it was for a younger audience meaning practically the same thing as wider since a majority of MK fans were bound to play it anyway. You guys must really like this game still. I don't mean to offend any of you, but you can't get upset when I give a truthful answer to a question, especially when the answer will be based off of opinions and feelings for the game. That is quite rude lol. But my work here is done. Have fun, you all. :)

There's nothing wrong with wanting originality, but how exactly do two similar scenes for two games of a series mean otherwise? As I've pointed out before, the events that led up to and followed them are completely different. Taking two scenes out of context and criticizing NRS based on the similarities they have at face value isn't going to change that fact.

It comes off as unoriginal if they come up for the exact same scenarios for 2 characters in 2 different games.
How is it taking it out of context?
I supplied the similarities between both endings, including the Raiden ending, where he fights BOTH Kahns at the end of BOTH games.
I'm sorry, but it's unoriginal.
Why the hell couldn't the tag-team of Sonya and Johnny Cage take down Shao Kahn?
Oh, that's right, because Raiden is a god.
Same as the ending for MKvsDCU Raiden / Superman face off against Dark Kahn because they're the gods of their perspective universes.
You don't see ANY of these unoriginal similarities in BOTH the MKvsDCU and MK9 endings?

Playful as Ed Boon may be notorious for being, that really only applies to his Twitter antics, not everything else as people make it out to be. There's a difference between trolling fans via his Twitter, and trolling in something like interviews (which as far as I know, he's never done) where he has to maintain his professionalism

Ed has been a troll / jokester since 1992.
Ed Boon and Hideo Kojima have always been jokesters, the only difference is that now they have social media and the internet to troll and joke around with.

Well oh well. I stated the reasons why I didn't like it. I actually have more reasons that I didn't bring up. Can you all not handle opinions? Lol. And it was for a younger audience meaning practically the same thing as wider since a majority of MK fans were bound to play it anyway. You guys must really like this game still. I don't mean to offend any of you, but you can't get upset when I give a truthful answer to a question, especially when the answer will be based off of opinions and feelings for the game. That is quite rude lol. But my work here is done. Have fun, you all. :)
Lol, I don't think the problem here is people not being to handle different opinions

Re-read my post champ. The entire point of this whole discussion we've been having was about the tone/feel of MKvsDC. None of it was about having opinions, it's about being objective. Your answer, truthful as it may be, does not apply to the discussion itself because you were talking about your own feelings for the game, as opposed to the rest of us.

No, younger does not mean the same thing as wider. Younger and older audiences aren't the only kinds of audiences that can buy a game, they can be categorized in different ways, i.e. MK fans and DC fans, casual gamers and dedicated gamers.

Who here is upset about anything? Lol, if anything, I think you need to let your guard down a little because contrary to what you seem to think, not everyone here are bloodthirsty keyboard warriors that jump at the sight of a new user with a different opinion.

It comes off as unoriginal if they come up for the exact same scenarios for 2 characters in 2 different games.
How is it taking it out of context?
I supplied the similarities between both endings, including the Raiden ending, where he fights BOTH Kahns at the end of BOTH games.
I'm sorry, but it's unoriginal.
Why the hell couldn't the tag-team of Sonya and Johnny Cage take down Shao Kahn?
Oh, that's right, because Raiden is a god.
Same as the ending for MKvsDCU Raiden / Superman face off against Dark Kahn because they're the gods of their perspective universes.
You don't see ANY of these unoriginal similarities in BOTH the MKvsDCU and MK9 endings?
It's taking it out of context because you're not taking into account the meanings behind those scenes when comparing them, instead you're criticizing NRS for the simple fact that the endings have a few similar events. All you're basically saying is "Well, this happened in one game and this kinda happened in one of the other game too, so yeah, NRS needs to be more original".

Liu Kang turning against Raiden in MK9 was done for dramatic effect, and there is far more emphasis on their fight in the story, especially since Liu Kang himself dies. Liu Kang and Raiden only fought in MKvsDC because of the Rage Mode taking over everyone at the time including Liu Kang, and the fight was only Raiden's way of dispatching him temporarily.

As for Johnny Cage and Sonya... they wouldn't have been able to take down Shao Kahn because they simply are not powerful enough to take on Shao Kahn, who's been shown to be more powerful than even Raiden himself. Shao Kahn is a god essentially, Johnny Cage and Sonya are just two moderately-skilled fighters (with some supernatural powers thrown in the mix). Raiden was the main protagonist of MK9, so why wouldn't he be the one to fight Kahn, anyway?

That brings me to my next point. Raiden didn't just fight Kahn in MKvsDC, he fought Dark Kahn, the fusion between Darkseid and Shao Kahn. Raiden wasn't the only one that fought him, either, Superman fought him as well in DC's version of the story.

And then obviously, one game is canon, the other isn't. Raiden's face offs with Liu Kang and Shao Kahn in MK9 is actually going to affect future games. Raiden and Dark Kahn's fight in MKvsDC, as far as we're concerned, never even happened

Ed has been a troll / jokester since 1992.
Ed Boon and Hideo Kojima have always been jokesters, the only difference is that now they have social media and the internet to troll and joke around with.
I've already recognized the fact that they are jokesters. I'm not saying that they aren't or haven't been so before. The point that I'm making is they don't troll in interviews, or give out misinformation for the sake of humor in interviews, because of the professionalism that would be expected of Boon from people like journalists interviewing him.

Ed Boon jokingly responding "We just got the OK to do it!" to a fan asking him on Twitter when NRS is going to make MK: Fire vs Ice is not the same thing as saying so to a professional game journalist with the intention of trolling them.

Ed Boon knows his games are gonna get hacked and he stated once ina interview that he INTENTIONALLY puts in false coding to throw people off. And add's things to the game he never planned to put in. That's his level of Troll.

But I agree that he generally doesn't troll during showcasings and interviews.