IS THIS TANYA/LI MEI/ Unknown in MK9 story mode!?

Trilogy

Okay, playing through MK9's story mode yet another time, and I came across someone I hadn't seen before. I've been looking everywhere to see if someone talked about her or not, but found nothing.

She shows up during Chapter 8: Sub-Zero. Here's the video:

SHE SHOWS UP AT 2:36.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl94NXIMnos

It looks like it could be anyone from the series, or even a new character, guessed Tanya or Li Mei due to the skin color, garb color respectively. So, if this has been posted before sorry, I couldn't find anything on it. If not, WHO THE HELL IS THIS??

At first I thought you were bullshitting or had mistaken her for the chained up Tanya
Then I see the straps and purple skirt on that tan skin beauty.

OH GOD! Who
who is that

Damnit I knew someone was going to kill the hope.

She kinda looks like Zafina from Tekken.

True enough

This has me wandering a little, since the timeline has changed will it bring about new characters?

I hope it brings about new characters. and it's funny that you mentioned Zafina because thats exactly who i thought of too. But it would be better if she wasn't just a placeholder. I kinda doubt she is, seeing as how she's not just a copy of another character, but has her own clothing and all, like all the classic smokes that are basically just supposed to be a bunch of "ninjas" and all the monks.

Well, NRS probably just didn't want to do a COMPLETELY lazy job, lol so they threw her in, know what I mean?

I highly doubt they're pointing to another character, especially since she still has a very generic feel.

images