Freddy Vs Nightwolf match-up question

C-Sword

I might start playing Freddy more seriously, one of my first goals is to destroy a Nightwolf player lol. Why is the match-up 7-3 in Freddy's favor? Isn't NW capable of reflecting his claws back?

I don't play either of the characters, but Nightwolf gets killed at long range. He literally has two options which are EX SHOULLLDAAAAAHHHHH and lightning, both are pretty risky.

His projectile is straight up booty butt cheeks, and freddy's projectiles are great. Nightwolf has reflect, but freddy can just condition him to reflect and then groundclaw whiff punish him for an unbreakable 20% or so combo.

I'm guessing for NW to win he basically has to make a well judged EX shoulder or lightning, in this situation freddy is in control. And keep on the pressure, which is not easy given freddy's godlike teleport.

Last edited:
I know why C-sword I play nightwolf a little bit and my friend has a good Freddy.

It's because you have to get in just like a Jade player does. And since your pressure is terrible, Freddy can get out easily.

You can't stay on him long before he's free to zone you again.

You can't shoulder charge him. He'll just do his claw stance which has him in ducking status. Then he can clean your clock witha combo. If you jump at him while he's in this stance. he can still clean your clock with an anti air. HE can also cancel his stance into

claw/projectile.

that STANCE ALONE is the reason he rapes nightwolf.

your reflect doesn't do good.

because the claws are physical. and to reflect, you gotta be either full screen waiting in block. which leaves you free to claw pressure.
If you're midscreen and try to reflect, well you have to commit and it's a guess.

Just anytime he's shoulder charge distance go into claw stance.

Freddy recovers from projectiles so fast,

you can trade I'm pretty sure at full screen even if nightwolf reflects it. I wanna say I think you can even shoot a low hand claw, cuz it's slow. he'll try to reflect it, and you can hit him with ground spikes, and still block in time.

Last edited:
Freddy is a rapist by nature so I guess that carries over to his fighting style.. :afraid:

Does he have any bad match ups?

Also who does nightwolf have a good match up with I never see him do well and I havn't been able to use him very effectively. (back when I still tried to play tag I used NW and Lao but it didn't pan out well for NW)

Freddy has a hard time with smoke, and a slight difficult time
With raiden.

I don't think nightwolf particularly dominates anyone.

NW isn't that bad, his standing 1 is god like, especially as an anti-air. He can also keep pressuring with the 3, 1 ( + axe) string.

NW isn't that bad, his standing 1 is god like, especially as an anti-air. He can also keep pressuring with the 3, 1 ( + axe) string.

Yeah his 3,1,2 string.

I'm not saying hes bad. I just don't think there is a
Character in the game you can safely say nightwolf counters them.

He has a bunch of matchups that go pretty even.

I've actually never played a good freddy. I just realised i'm quite inexperienced against most of the top 5.