MK10 Liu Kang ascends to a God

Lord Kang

Liu kang's MK 9 shows him becoming a god and taking raiden's place as protector of earth.. Liu kang becoming a god was also prepetuated in shang tsung's ending.. Now I "think" this could have happen but in a different way.. I believe that everybody ending uniquely give a hint about them. Lets analyze Liu's ending; I notice his ending seem as if he defeat Kahn and then challenge Raiden for his status as protector of earth. But If you listen to Liu's ending its states that sometime during the invasion Liu begin to think that Raiden was more a burden than help so he asked the Elder Gods to make him a god and protector of earth. Liu could have done this before their fight with Kahn in the story mode. Then after Raiden takes Liu down and stops him before he fights kahn, Raiden beats Kahn with the aid of the Elder Gods and when everything settles the Elder Gods answer to Liu's wish and would later awaken Liu Kang from a seemly death or sleeping slumber as a god for their own purpose. This could be Liu's results in MK 10. What do you guys think?.

The problem with that is how would Liu Kang be able to find the time or the means to make the request to be the new protector of Earthrealm in the first place?

The only time he even visited the Elder Gods was when he was with Raiden, and he didn't ask them then

Also, if even he did make the challenge to defeat Raiden, why would the Elder Gods wait until Liu Kang dies to grant the request? Why not just have them fight each other immediately after the request, like what happened in the ending?

You see i believe everybody endings are hints what was goin on with that character during the story mode. Their ending doesnt have to exactly happen just the way you see it, it could be a symbolism or hint... For example Kano and jax ending are different but they share a common hint. Jax and kano are hinted to upgrade their cybernetics to link into government data bases and data.. Liu kang and shang tsungs ending are shares a hint, a common result Liu kang becomes a god. It goes on cyrax and sector etc.. Look at Liu kang, they are killing him off again or it seems as if they are goin in a different direction with him. Maybe someone else will take liu kang spot like kai or kage? I think Liu's ending is a hint torward a new direction with with liu kang

It's not about how I see it, I'm asking you how plausible it is for Liu Kang to challenge Raiden before the invasion when nothing in the story mode itself even hinted at that

Ok... We have the story mode and the endings.. I think the endings are hints about the characters and a little about them within the story.. Just think about it, think about Liu Kang's role through out in the story as a character. What will become of him what is makers trying to tell the players. They killed off liu kang in the past "MK DA" but it failed because fans wanted him back, then they brought liu back but push him toward a new direction in the story. Now that ed boon started MK over, they are doing the samething they kill liu kang off. Its obvious to say that they want to do sonething else with liu kang, and i'm betting liu kang won't play his same role in MK4 era like in the past when up against shinnok. Its gonna be different, if they cant kill him off then why not point in another direction another role in the story.... Now as far MK9 story mode and endings. I think the endings are hints about some of the characters and what was going on with them between and after the story mode. Liu kang's ending stated he went to the elder gods "during" the invasion not before. And as far as story mode I'm sure everything that we witness in the story mode is not going to be as it seems in MK10, i mean look what happen in MKA, we all thought taven saved realms but obviously something different happen in the following game. Liu kang could have fought raiden between the story or he could have not. He could become a god in a different way, another turn of events. In my opinion i just think that WB and ed team are pointed the character in a different direction. Liu is not gonna be the same anymore