Discuss why this is the best MK of the entire series.

HamatoYoshi

Nothing has topped how hyped up I was about this game and been everything I dreamed for.

I mean, come on, the MK3 combo system was alright but it doesn't top finding out how to take half of your opponent's damage just from 1 combo in MK and it not be a set list made by the programmers.

The introduction to more secret fights and characters made it hard not to spend your whole budget on putting quarters in the arcade machine or wasting your life away with the home console ports everyday. Truly the first fighting game of its kind to have more than just the arcade latter.

MK1 was and still is my favorite MK, but MKII isn't too far behind.

I loved getting to fight Reptile in MK1, and the AI didn't butt**** you like in MKII, lol

Thats what made it more challenging. By the time MK2 came out, everyone had already mastered MK1. So, they made it more challenging and got rid of those damn Endurance matches.

Yeah, Mileena and Kitana were both extremely hard (as all girls are in fighting games), but thats what made it more fun. Now, UMK3 with Jade, that shit just isn't fair.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite MK, but it's up there. At the time it was released for consoles, I pretty much dropped every other game I had to play it. It was also the game that produced Baraka and Kung Lao (I like his MK2 iteration the best), two of the more memorable character designs. The other games in the series couldn't top it terms of atmosphere. As a game it shows its age (not in a good way), but I would rather play it over the 3D games.

Last edited:
Don't know whY many find this better than MK9. MK9 is the best of the series to me. Though MK2 is what I like out of the classics because it was the one that mostly had fatalities that made sense. MK3 series became too wacky. MK1 lacked a lot and was too slow.

I can't play it for more than 20 minutes. I agree with Flawless though, the atmosphere is the best in the series. If you disagree I'll gladly point you in the direction of The Wasteland. Best 2d music imo. The build up is so great.

But MK4 steals the show for me.

Nah MK1 was my favourite. I was there when it first came out. It was an event. The game had an incredible Kung Fu movie vibe that was lost abit with later releases. Its not the best most advanced game but its damn fun. Less is more in some cases, this been one of them.

My favourite MKs
1) MK1
2)MK 2011
3) MK 2
4) MK 4
5) UMK3/Trlogy
6) Armageddon
7) Deception
8)MK vs DC
9) Deadly Alliance

honestly, MK2 was never been my favourite. I always enjoyed UMK3 more.

I liked MKII, as well, but I loved UMK3 more.
Combos and the Run Button changed up fighting in MK3 and UMK3.
Plus, UMK3 gave us Scorpion back, and Rain, and it gave Kabal a much needed nerf.
Noob Saibot and Maskless Sub-Zero were also awesome.

My order, as far as klassics go, would be:
- MK1
- UMK3
- MKII

Thats what made it more challenging. By the time MK2 came out, everyone had already mastered MK1. So, they made it more challenging and got rid of those damn Endurance matches.

Yeah, Mileena and Kitana were both extremely hard (as all girls are in fighting games), but thats what made it more fun. Now, UMK3 with Jade, that shit just isn't fair.

UMK3 and MK2 were TOO hard though, to the point that they can just become purely unenjoyable after like the 4th match on Arcade Ladder.

Playing with friends is awesome though.

I liked MKII, as well, but I loved UMK3 more.
Combos and the Run Button changed up fighting in MK3 and UMK3.
Plus, UMK3 gave us Scorpion back, and Rain, and it gave Kabal a much needed nerf.
Noob Saibot and Maskless Sub-Zero were also awesome.

My order, as far as klassics go, would be:
- MK1
- UMK3
- MKII

My order of the classics are
- MK4
- UMK3
- MK1
- MK2

For all of the MK fighting games in general.
- MKA
- MK9
- MK4
- UMK3/Trilogy
- MK1
- MKD
- MK2
- MKvsDC
- MKDA

UMK3 is pretty low on my list of favorite MK's. I find it pretty boring. Trilogy is where its at.

Don't know whY many find this better than MK9.

You gotta think of the impact that this game left on the whole gaming community. When they saw this game, they knew they were witnessing history.

When people look at MK9, there's a couple different responses

Modern Gamer : Its good...for a fighting game.

MK Fanboys : OMG, GAME OF THE YEAR! STORYLINE SO GREAT! MILEENA TITTIES LOL

Capcom Fanboys : This game is so much garbage that I never played it and never will.

Too many people let nostalgia take over. MK1 revolutionized gaming, but had the game come out today, no one would give it a second glance. Its boring as shit.

I always loved MK2 for the secrets and the rumors that were going on when it came out. MK2 for the gamecube was the best christmas present I ever got last year.

UMK3 is pretty low on my list of favorite MK's. I find it pretty boring. Trilogy is where its at.

True that. I do enjoy MKT more than UMK3. I just used the main MK games instead of the updates. I really don't count MK3 just because I heard it's a unfinished game. I love MKT. So much memories.

Most of the games I posted up have a lot of memories in them.