XBOX LIVE SHOULD BE FREE!

XBOX LIVE SHOULD BE FREE!

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kinda stupid how they charge america 50 bucks a year when we have to pay an extra 30 bucks. :evil:

Well...I really don't think it should be free. It's a service, it costs money. You can't expect Microsoft to want to lose more money, now would you?

Maybe if it was lowered to like 30-a-year, that'd be fine, but I tell you this, it wouldn't be free, shouldn't be free. Nothing is ever free.

VegaObscura said:
Well...I really don't think it should be free. It's a service, it costs money. You can't expect Microsoft to want to lose more money, now would you?

Maybe if it was lowered to like 30-a-year, that'd be fine, but I tell you this, it wouldn't be free, shouldn't be free. Nothing is ever free.
Except PS online! :roll:

So it's not free, any way you look at it...is it?

PSOnline isn't structured as Xbox live is---Xbox Live covers all the games, unlike the PS Online setup (each game has to bring and configure their own way of setting up online games---servers---and such. With Xbox Live, the developers just have to utilize the existing software.) Does PS Online have the whole voice-chatting outside of games, integrated clan support, and friends list across games? ((I don't have a PS2...thus why I ask))

...and now that I think of it...unless you bought it bundled with---or the new PS2, you had to buy the network adapter in order to use the online service.

the reason microsoft has xbox live is that they want control over all their servers. Ps2 online is free because there are so many companys controlling many different servers gamespy is an example of this. EA has its own servers for you to play on, and so do many other companies. thats why you have to pay to play on xbox live its not a rip off its just microsoft making sure they have complete control over their servers.

Well why should it be free? It is a service, it costs them money to keep the servers running, why shouldnt some of the burden be passed onto the users? I mean when there is no money to pay for the bandwidth of this site we get the disappointing "TRMK temporarily down" message...so dont whine that you gotta pay a bit of money to always be able to play your favorite games online.

TeddyBluegrass said:
Well why should it be free? It is a service, it costs them money to keep the servers running, why shouldnt some of the burden be passed onto the users? dont whine that you gotta pay a bit of money to always be able to play your favorite games online.

E-mail that to Sony ent... :roll:

Well i am a PS2 owner, so i dont pay to play online. But it isnt rediculous to make users pay, since they are using one universal server.

It obviously takes more money to run the entire xbox live server than the individual ones per game on PS2. Plus there is a way to play X box online without paying for any of it. My buddy has a program for his computer that makes the xbox think that his computer is another xbox...so he can connect to these alternate servers completely free of charge. Im gonna see him tonight so ill fill you in on where to get it if youd like to know.

PS2 owners do have to pay. This is how it works:

PS2 and PC. Have to pay for connection to the internet

Xbox Have to pay a timely cost but nothing to connect.

Remember that Xbox Live can do much more than PS2. Frankly I don't care about the costs. I think their prices are very reasonable (except for downloadable content)

Btw Teddy, this "Program" you talk about is probably illigel and your friend could get in a bunch of shit if caught.

It depends...theyre not hacking the xbox live servers, simply logging their xboxes onto another server. I dont know the logistics but its not necessarily stealing, just redirecting.