''The cancelled'' Streets Of Rage game

if i remember correctly, i believe jade loves streets of rage. i'm sorry for your loss, jade : \
c-sword, do you know why it was cancelled?

I personally didn't like the style they chose for it compared to the original. The arcade reference pan out to the street view was cool, however as soon as the gameplay started it felt all wrong...

Streets of Rage is one of my favourite games. Its a shame that this was cancelled. The atmosphere just wasn't right, though. It needs a more retro feel. Also, Go Straight is a musical masterpiece; I love that song.

Here's a little more background on this

It's depressing to know how many times a new SoR game has been cancelled. Still, I'm not so sure about this. It looks cool, and it definitely had potential, but I can't imagine to what extent it would have actually felt like Streets of Rage. If it didn't play like the original games, it would basically just be a random beat 'em up with the name of a storied series slapped on it. I'd much rather see a new sprite-based 2D game with an evolution of SoR3's gameplay.

I totally would've bought this, though.

i don't know if any of you played the warriors beat'em up but, if they could have made it akin to that, it would have been awesome and worthy of the streets of rage name. it's a shame to see this franchise not get a potentially awesome make over. i need my beat'em up fix.

Sadly, side-scrolling beat-em-ups are one of those games that got pushed away from the mainstream audience once 3D became the standard. Like vetalfox said, get the SoR Remake if you haven't already. While I don't mind 3D versions of the genre, they simply don't feel the same.

Dragon's Crown seems to be the closest thing to a 2D beat-em-up, but I have no idea when it will get released.