Rap

biggystyles said:
Crazy the Clown said:
Insane Clown Posse. Say what you want, but the main reasons people say they hate the ICP's music are because they don't get it, or they're jealous of their success.

Rolling Stone actually voted ICP the worst band ever..........now thats saying alot thats worst than Winger

I hate ICP too, but who cares what some magazine says?

I hate Rap, but not all rap. Because in the 80's when rap starting emerging the rappers had a point, and they proved it, now days rap is all gay because all the rap about is sex and how bad of a job GWB is doing, "I'll show the Love stick, cuz i'm the Love doctor" stupid, "gonna back up or do you want me to push up on it" pathetic, i'm sorry i just dont see the point.

I was never a real big rap fan, but it just got entirely over commercialized. At least the whole rap-metal trend died down and they won't infect metal anymore than it already is.

man this is a rap topic not rap is crap topic man rappers leave thoes punk dude alone manso dont complain and dont kill the subject cuz u did

Baraka dude said:
man this is a rap topic not rap is crap topic man rappers leave thoes punk dude alone manso dont complain and dont kill the subject cuz u did

If you say "rap is crap", you're still discussing rap, which is completely relevant to the topic. I'd say more if I could decipher what you were trying to say.

For anyone that liked Lil Kim say bye

Grammy-winning hip-hop star Lil' Kim, known for her revealing outfits and raunchy raps, has been convicted of lying to a federal grand jury about a shootout in 2001 outside a radio station. The 4-foot-11 rapper, real name Kimberly Jones, is heading to jail after being convicted of perjury in New York yesterday. See her here in better times rapping with her tits hanging out.

The prosecutor belittled the defence claim that the sunglasses-wearing Lil' Kim didn't notice her two close friends at the scene of the crime. She was convicted of three counts of perjury and one of conspiracy, but acquitted of obstruction of justice. She could get up to 20 years, a maximum of five years for each count, when she is sentenced on June 24.

What an idiot

biggystyles wrote:
Crazy the Clown wrote:
Insane Clown Posse. Say what you want, but the main reasons people say they hate the ICP's music are because they don't get it, or they're jealous of their success.

Rolling Stone actually voted ICP the worst band ever..........now thats saying alot thats worst than Winger

I hate ICP too, but who cares what some magazine says?
True that. What? cuz rolling stone says they suck, suddenly thats the official word? Rolling Stone gives shit reviews for most of the artists i listen to. I guess that means my music is shit, huh?

also.... lil kim is a fucking ditz. "OH I'LL LIE IN COURT AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO ME"

undertaker3x7 said:
For anyone that liked Lil Kim say bye

Grammy-winning hip-hop star Lil' Kim, known for her revealing outfits and raunchy raps, has been convicted of lying to a federal grand jury about a shootout in 2001 outside a radio station. The 4-foot-11 rapper, real name Kimberly Jones, is heading to jail after being convicted of perjury in New York yesterday. See her here in better times rapping with her tits hanging out.

The prosecutor belittled the defence claim that the sunglasses-wearing Lil' Kim didn't notice her two close friends at the scene of the crime. She was convicted of three counts of perjury and one of conspiracy, but acquitted of obstruction of justice. She could get up to 20 years, a maximum of five years for each count, when she is sentenced on June 24.

What an idiot

thats her carrer down the drain :lol: :lol: :lol:

KoRoneR said:
it was in the drain already just waiting for someone to flush

DAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
That's cold. That's colder then biggy prostituting her to everybody on his block and record label. :lol:

Ok here are my 2 cents.

I love Hip-Hop, not rap. Tupac was a Hip-Hop artist, Biggie was a Hip-Hop artist, Big Pun was a Hip-Hop artist, Aaliyah was a Hip-Hop artist. Yes a lot of Hip-Hop artists are rappers but Hip-Hop is a culture of African American music, dress, dance, entertainment, and life. Rap is totaly different from Hip-Hop. Rap is only a music form. Rap can talk about sex, drugs, murder, and other subjects for no reason. Hip-Hop has a cause, to inform the masses of what happens to the lower class community(black white hispanic or anyone in a dangerous/junky or other wise unsuitable living enviroment). Although it doesn't apply to today's world as much as it did in the 80's & 90's it still carries a meaning. Tupac rapped about rape and murder but it wasn't to boast or brag. He was telling stories about the things that happened in his life(not only to him but also his family and community), that is why I consider Tupac the greatest rapper of all time, and even though I do not like Biggie's or Big Pun's music as well I still honor them and the things they stood for.

My main problem with rap today is people like 50. He has said in interviews that he raps about his life story. Now I don't mean to be rude but lets take a qoute from a 50 Cent song "Ima letcha lick the lollypop" and another, "All a _______ really need is a little bit". You all know the songs along with others he has put out. If 50 had that much sex then there must be 100 kids that will inherit his money when he is gone. Get Rich Or Die Tryin isn't as bad as the new album. There is one song that I belive is good by 50, and wish he would take that approch to rap, Hate It Or Love It. The song talks about life in general, his voice is the voice of many people in that song(black, white, yellow, even purple) as did Tupac's songs.

Ok now lets talk about E, yes he is a wonderful rapper and I enjoied The Marshall Mathers LP more then the rest of his albums, I'll leave it at that because I do think he has a future and don't want to put him down the way I could just yet.

Here are the Rap artists I like

Lil Jon- Who is more of a field caller then rapper, as said by one man "When Lil' Jon screams 'YEAH', 400 years of anger and opression are being released. I also like him because I listen to his music more then his words, i belive bass is a growing artform and he is on the top of it.

BTNH- I like Bone Thugs-N-Harmony because they began the speed rapping and mixed their music with swift vocals and smooth melodies, just revolutionary. I also enjoy music made by the respective members of the group( Bizzy Bone, Krazie Bone, Lazie Bone/ L-Burna...and if Wish Bone comes out with a solo I will enjoy it also. Although Flesh-N-Bone was never really a member of the group we know today he is Lazie's brother and was with the group when Eric Wright discovered them. F.Y.I. Flesh should be released from prison within the next 2-4 years

To tell you the truth, thats all. There are others that I enjoy the music of their songs and the beats but as I said I am more of a Hip-Hop person.

I'll end with a poem, its talking about....well just read it and think about what little I've said about Tupac and it should be nothing to find the meaning.

"The Rose That Grew From Concrete"

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

By Tupac Amaru Shakur

Hope you enjoied. I suggest you read all of Tupac's poems a good source is http://www.2pac2k.de/poems.html

Or you can buy his book of poems which is much more extensive "The Rose That Grew From Concrete" It should be in any fine book store.

Ouji Out

diddyman said:
KoRoneR said:
it was in the drain already just waiting for someone to flush

DAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
That's cold. That's colder then biggy prostituting her to everybody on his block and record label. :lol:
cold as my heart :twisted:

Wow, no to to be offensive, but NOBODY here listens to real hip hop here. real hip hop that is being made today is the old school underground stuff that will never make its way onto mtv. Here are a few of the real amazing rappers out today:

Del tha funky homosapien/aka Deltron 3030-quite simply one of the real musical geniuses of our time. For those who dont know who he is, he plays the role of the rapping blue genie in the band "the gorillaz. " If you like his stuff with them you will have your mind blown by his own work. I recommend finding a copy of the album "deltron 3030". It chronicles the life of an intergalactic rhymer fighting his way across the galaxy to compete in the itergalactic rap battle. Its one of those albums that must be listened straight through.

Aesop Rock- The beats are reminiscent of both the previous rapper del, and the beats of early a tribe called quest with incubus s.c.i.e.n.c.e. like bass lines.

Chamillionaire/Chamilitary/chamil rasaq: pretty much the future of mainstream rap. The only rookie that can hold a candle to Game. If you like real gangsta rap, smooth rapping and lots of gun references, find some of his stuff. It would probably be easier to dl it off soulseek than to fins him in the stores.

Of course I love BIG being from the east coast, and never really got into tupac. I met a person that was from california and was the polar opposite to me in that respect.

50 is my least favorite member of g-unit. I love ludacris, and I hate lil jon. The ying yang twins are the most over rated artists of all time, no contest; milli vanilli had more talent. Im not a fan of ICP, but I love the Kottonmouth Kings more than you will ever know. I dont hate ICP, but despise juggalos. Ummmmmm...the similarities between BIG/tupac and 50 cent/game is scary. they are going to kill eachother, i gurantee it. The blackest rappers on the planet are the three six mafia.

If you take nothing from this post, please listen to Deltron 3030.