Why can't we use Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Khan?

Oxbowsky

All three of these characters have entire move lists just like other characters we have and obviously we want to play as them so why won't they release them as DLC or let us play with these characters at all?

If you hack your system, you can play as them, or via the Challenge Tower (Goro, consoles) (Shao Kahn, VITA).
Other than that, TBH, I'm completely fine with them not being playable.

They have entire move-sets, and can be seen if it's hacked because it was probably left there from when they coded the game, but they were never meant to be playable characters.
Releasing them as DLC would also mean that people would constantly pick them to boost their stats online, given the way that the MK Kommunity is these days about being sore losers.

I think using them in an offline only capacity would of been kool however would of led to whining about them not being in the online.

Im fine not being able to use them I wouldn't take them seriously if they were anyways to be honest i'd troll some friends and get some cheap chuckles playing arcade mode but in the end they are overpowered and bland gameplay wise and from a story stand point as well.

Honestly, why do people want to play as any of them? They are all garbage to play as.

Seriously.

Stop shitting on my dream. Playing as Kintaro would be THE SHIT. Especially teaming him up with Sektor or Raka.

And people need to stop with the whole "THEY'RE TOO STRONG FOR ONLINE! HEEEELLLLLLPP"
Calm down lades. Just take out Kahn's infinites and they are nothing. Bottom tier that anyone can destroy. Dat 20 frame recovery.

Playable bosses just devalue the bosses themselves.

Just compare Seth from SFIV and Shao Kahn.

Which boss battle is more epic in Arcade Mode?

Exactly.

is possible?
ps3, MK9 ultimate, play with kratos
How do I unlock "shao-kan, goro and kintaro"? in PS3
I'm lv 300 in the tower of the challenges, so need to finish this mission.
it is possible to finish the last mission with "shao-kan"?

is possible?
ps3, MK9 ultimate, play with kratos
How do I unlock "shao-kan, goro and kintaro"? in PS3
I'm lv 300 in the tower of the challenges, so need to finish this mission.
it is possible to finish the last mission with "shao-kan"?

It wouldn't hurt to read through the thread.

Playable bosses just devalue the bosses themselves.

Just compare Seth from SFIV and Shao Kahn.

Which boss battle is more epic in Arcade Mode?

Exactly.

Seth. By a mile.
Shao Kahn gets wrecked by crossups all day.

Seth is actually difficult. Because he's designed with his AI in mind, not his traits.

The difference between Shao Kahn and Seth is the latter was designed with the possibility of being playable beforehand. The playable of version of Seth has seriously gimped health, but otherwise has little to no change from his boss counterpart. For Shao Kahn, once you look pass his special traits like damage resistance and super armor for every attack, is missing basic movements and attacks as a fully playable character. Shao Kahn would need a lot more changes to make him playable.

Last edited:
I never liked playing as bosses. It just seemed corny to me. Back during the Trilogy days, when my friends and I would play, they'd pick Motaro all the time just because they thought he'd be easy. I made sure I used Rain to utterly destroy them.