Who would you cast in a video game movie?

Who do you think is best suitable for the roles according to these video games? Mortal Kombat's first movie was successful and so has Resident Evil. And Silent Hill... and Prince of Persia!

- Tekken (if it went rebooted)
- Soulcalibur
- Street Fighter (rebooted)
- Darkstalkers
- Dead or Alive (rebooted)
- Bloody Roar
- Blazblue
- Metal Gear Solid
- Assassin's Creed
- God of War
- Castlevania
- Ninja Gaiden
- Uncharted
- Final Fantasy
- Xenosaga
- Darksiders

(Save DmC (Devil May Cry) until released and playthroughed)

Last edited:
Well this is a wide-open topic lol

I've always maintained that Joaquin Phoenix would be the perfect FFX Seymour. That's my only real great idea.

Who do you think is best suitable for the roles according to these video games? Mortal Kombat's first movie was successful and so has Silent Hill.
Fixed. 8)

Resident Evil sequels =\= a good movie.
Sure, people will go out and see them, but as far as being true to the game AND being a good movie, Mortal Kombat and Silent Hill are just about it.

Revamp_Kombat said:
- Metal Gear Solid

David Hayter or Hugh Jackman as Solid Snake
Sean Connery as Big Boss

Soul Calibur (Should take place anytime before Soul Calibur V.):
- Uma Thurman or Mila Jovovich as Ivy ;-)
- Dakota Fanning as Amy
- Leelee Sobieski as Sophitia
- Kaley Cuoco as Cassandra
- Vanessa Hudgens as Talim
- Kristen Kreuk or Jamie Chung as Seung Mina
- Natassia Malthe as Setsuka
- Maggie Q as Taki
- Chiaki Kuriyama or Brenda Song as Xianghua
- Jon Foo as Kilik

Last edited:
If Soulcalibur is gonna be a live action film....
- What if there is someone in the modern time telling his own kid a bedtime story and he tells the story of the two soul swords.
- In the end, he doesn't realize that some of that were true legends. Like when he comes across the ghost of Siegfried.

Anyway, for Metal Gear....
- David Hayter!

Last edited:
If Soulcalibur is gonna be a live action film....
- What if there is someone in the modern time telling his own kid a bedtime story and he tells the story of the two soul swords.
- In the end, he doesn't realize that some of that were true legends. Like when he comes across the ghost of Siegfried.

Anyway, for Metal Gear....
- David Hayter!

That bedtime story idea sounds good.

revamp said:
- God of War

As far as this goes with what I know and the rumors I've heard/read. The movie will kill all potential this has to transcend into film anytime soon.

But if it was me and I had my choice of who I would want to play Kratos. I would can it completely, go to sony head in Japan bish slap him as hard as I could and proceed to make a full CGI Movie retelling of the first five ps2-Ps3-PSP games leading into God of war ascension.

As far as this goes with what I know and the rumors I've heard/read. The movie will kill all potential this has to transcend into film anytime soon.

But if it was me and I had my choice of who I would want to play Kratos. I would can it completely, go to sony head in Japan bish slap him as hard as I could and proceed to make a full CGI Movie retelling of the first five ps2-Ps3-PSP games leading into God of war ascension.

Oh heck yeah!!! That would be awesome!

* Bloodrayne (Reboot):
- Rayne: Natassia Malthe or Megan Fox
- Ephemera: Eliza Dushku
- Ferril: Rose McGowen

* Lollipop Chainsaw:
- Juliet Starling: Hayden Panettiere or Jennifer Lawrence

Last edited:
Dead or Alive (Reboot):

Charlize Theron as Christie

Sienna Guillory as Helena

Samantha Jo as Ayane

Devon Aoki as Kasumi (Make her have bangs or make her wear a red wig with bangs.)

Harry Shum Jr. as Ryu Hyabusa

Jon Foo as Hayate

Shane Warren Jones as Zack

Chiaki Kuriyama as Lei Fang

Kirsten Prout as Hitomi

Ninja Gaiden:

Harry Shum Jr. as Ryu Hayabusa

Ali Larter or Monique Ganderton as Rachel

Samantha Jo as Ayane

Jamie Chung or Bernice Liu as Momiji

Devon Aoki as Kasumi

Last edited: