the online MK9 community

lariat

Console wars need not apply so check that BS at the door!! I feel this is the right time to ask you all What are your thoughts about MK9's online? Do you think its good or bad? I was going to rant about the long list of things that I personally find disapointing but I decided to hold off. I'm just wanted to know what you guys/girls think?

MK9's online is one of the biggest pieces of shit in fighting game history.

It's the reason why I stopped playing the game completely.

A lot of the online community are dumb as hell. Those people think wins online mean anything and take too much pride in their records. They also play by their own rulebook and complain when they can't get around something instead of trying to work around it.
That being said, there are still people who aren't like that and they understand that online is online and should be treated as such. They are becoming more and more rare, though. As for online Mk9 itself? Its a completely different game to offline mk9. I don't understand why they thought that this netcode was acceptable.

Online sucks for any game with strict timings period. Even Starcraft suffers from
Online lag on some of the really advanced micromanagement.

So it comes down to minimizing the feel of lag.

Mk9 doesn't do the absolute best job but it also partially to do with the pace of the game. Slower paced fighting games it won't be as noticable, I feel mortal kombat at high level is heavily fast paced because of chip damage. And speed of recovery on punishable moves.

i've played mk9 on both systems and can say the online is pretty shitty on both consoles if you and your opponent don't have ridiculously fast internet connections. the xbox plays a bit better online but, the ps3 has a better controller. it's playable 90% of the time but, has nothing on offline play. feels like 2 different games. playing online with my buddies here in the same city is the only way it plays at its best. still would have lag and disconnection occurrences every now and again though. i pray this problem is fixed in injustice. also, everyone in the mk community is a dick and salty, a bunch of salty dicks. i play pretty much exclusively with friends.

i've played mk9 on both systems and can say the online is pretty shitty on both consoles if you and your opponent don't have ridiculously fast internet connections. the xbox plays a bit better online but, the ps3 has a better controller. it's playable 90% of the time but, has nothing on offline play. feels like 2 different games. playing online with my buddies here in the same city is the only way it plays at its best. still would have lag and disconnection occurrences every now and again though. i pray this problem is fixed in injustice. also, everyone in the mk community is a dick and salty, a bunch of salty dicks. i play pretty much exclusively with friends.

LOL how true if I get beat they stick around but if I beat them they run. Sadly I don't see Injustice being any better but we will see.

Pretty much this for me too.
Unless I have you on my friend's list, I don't play anyone in MK9 online.
I deal with enough BS on a daily basis at work, and I don't need that stress at home, when I'm enjoying a game.
If it wasn't for lag, dropped inputs (especially jump-kicks in the NetherRealm stage) and constant b****ing, I might have gotten into the competitive scene more.
The problem that I have with competitive MK is that there's no one here that I can practice with locally / learn from.
So, I'm stuck in a rut of either playing some of you awesome MK peeps from TRMK with much lag, or playing ladder mode offline. -_____-
NRS really needs to consider going with another company for their net-coding of Injustice.

If it's Gamespy again, I may just wait until it drops way down in price.

I deal with enough BS on a daily basis at work, and I don't need that stress at home, when I'm enjoying a game.

Lmao this reminds me of what this guy said to my my squad and I when we destroyed him in Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.

"I'd like to come home after a long, hard day of work and not get ANALLY RAPED!!!"

That was so damn funny, hearing him shout like that :rofl:

I'm in the same boat as you Araknyd which is why I dropped Mk entirely. I wanted to go farther with it but I had no one to play with offline and the tremendous lag would even impair me from playing with Squirrel or Vital.

Lmao this reminds me of what this guy said to my my squad and I when we destroyed him in Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.

"I'd like to come home after a long, hard day of work and not get ANALLY RAPED!!!"

That was so damn funny, hearing him shout like that :rofl:

I'm in the same boat as you Araknyd which is why I dropped Mk entirely. I wanted to go farther with it but I had no one to play with offline and the tremendous lag would even impair me from playing with Squirrel or Vital.

your area is actually quite well known for being near some decent MK offline scenes.

so is araknyd.... SFL has it nice for offline fighters.

Damn.
Good shit, CL.
I should check out TYM more often.
Didn't know it was a big scene down here.
I'm not competition worthy, but I definitely would like to get a lot better.

Offline players are really nice most of the time. I'm sure they'll help you level up easily if you try and meet up with them.

and since we're both florida. Maybe one day we'll meet in bracket.

I hate the online randoms, they bich, piss and moan over the dumbest things. Hell I even omitted half of Kratos's moveset because I would get complained about.

I'm sorry if you back up and spam the spear or clones you better expect me to use my fleece to get to you and if I see your TP coming I'mma try and stunn you and get my hits in. lol.

I do remember being called a spammer before because I used Stryker's gun a bit more than I usually do.

Sorry it's a really awesome projectile, lol but I don't like how people classify zoning as spamming.

I hate zoning but it's a legitimate strategy.

Spamming is just doing the same shit over and over with no pattern. If you get beat by a spammer, you should be ashamed. It's only your fault.

Now beat by a zoner? Lol it's still your fault but no reason to be ashamed. Just get mad then get glad.

I hate the online randoms, they bich, piss and moan over the dumbest things. Hell I even omitted half of Kratos's moveset because I would get complained about.

I'm sorry if you back up and spam the spear or clones you better expect me to use my fleece to get to you and if I see your TP coming I'mma try and stunn you and get my hits in. lol.

I remember way back when I played you and you just spammed, lol.

I don't know how you play now, just saying I remember when the game first came out, lol.

I don't know how you play now, just saying I remember when the game first came out, lol.

Please...

he occasionally jumps between his parries and arrows.

that is not spam that's called mixing it up!

Arrow Jump jump, parry, jump arrow.

Then next time he does jump jump jump arrow, parry, parry.

he mixes it up real good. like a top level pro

(Putting ames on Blast here)

I got better, then worse, now I just suck. lol

Please...

he occasionally jumps between his parries and arrows.

that is not spam that's called mixing it up!

Arrow Jump jump, parry, jump arrow.

Then next time he does jump jump jump arrow, parry, parry.

he mixes it up real good. like a top level pro

(Putting ames on Blast here)

I know I'm pretty awesome. I say sarcastically. ;)