Persona 4: Arena

Shirayuki Mizore

Aww yeah, getting this game tomorrow so I can talk to myself in this thread.

Well anyway, I'm pretty excited to play it since the visuals look pretty sick and this is coming from a anti-2D fighting game guy. But then again, my opinion is pretty biased since I love the Persona series.

Once it's in my grasp and I see how it is, I'll decide if I want to play it hardcore or not. Who knows, I might play this game like I played MK9. I doubt it though but of course, this game will last me a while due to the cast and it's just another game to play with friends.

I have no idea who I'm going to main but I have a feeling it's going to either be Yu, Mitsuru, or Yosuke since they are some of my favorite Persona characters.

I have high hopes for this. Hopefully, I won't be let down.

You guys are whores.

Anyway, I have to say, in terms of atmosphere, color, and all other aspects of appearance, this game gets you way hype, lol playing arcade mode right now with Kanji.

YA WANT SOME?!

The game feels good so far but playing it at a casual level right now.

I still can't get passed Yosuke in Score Attack mode. Fvcking ridiculous. I only beat him once then Naoto was next and she kept spamming her gun.

I still can't get passed Yosuke in Score Attack mode. Fvcking ridiculous. I only beat him once then Naoto was next and she kept spamming her gun.

Yosuke is hilarious in this game.

"Kanji? What are you gonna go, lie me on the floor and smother me?"

"Everyone talks so much shit about me! You're never gonna let that go, are ya?!"

Alright so Yukiko is the character designed for the people that want to just stay on the other side of the screen and keep throwing stuff at you. Glad I got that for future reference now.

Naoto is the same way. She spams the shit out of her gun. Especially in Score Attack Mode. The match barely lasted 30 seconds.

Yeah, its kinda stupid that they region locked it and then are doing this. Its the only game on ps3 that is region locked. Unfortunately, a lot of people who were hype will have forgotten about it and sales will suffer. Its a shame because it looks like a well-designed and well-polished game.

I think it will come to the EU, but by the time it does, it's going to be too late. Basically what you said lol.

Maybe when they make the second one, it won't be region locked because that shit is seriously dumb.

Naoto is the same way. She spams the shit out of her gun. Especially in Score Attack Mode. The match barely lasted 30 seconds.

When I was playing as Chie the AI was Aigis and it was just such a pain trying to catch her.

I think it will come to the EU, but by the time it does, it's going to be too late. Basically what you said lol.

Maybe when they make the second one, it won't be region locked because that shit is seriously dumb.

I think it's already too late. Finding a ranked match is kinda hard in this game so you're forced to play in lobbies with people who are like B+ and above.

So yeah, lol I play an online match like every hour. I even left it to search, went on TRMK for like 10 minutes, came back and still no result.

I've only faced 3 people so far. A Labyris and 2 Yukikos.

Both Yukikos stayed on the other side of the screen.

The Labyris was cool though. It was a good match.

Dammit Riko :rofl:

But I'll play some matches with you if you want. I use Kanji and Chie.

I'm down for whenever.

GET OVER HERE! SHORYUKEN!

Chie and Kanji have the funniest stories so far

Spoiler:
If you chose to chase after the scent of the steak, holy shit, lol the ending was hilarious. You end up being left out of solving the case and everyone is disappointed in you.

Yu: "It's over. The case was solved, you can get some steak now..."

Spoiler:
Kanji is freakin' hilarious when he thinks everything is a dream and is too hard-headed to realize it's not.

"Damn! I beat his ass pretty hard! Good thing this is only a dream though."

Lost 4 times to this damn Kanji because of that goddamn awakening move of his where he throws you and it takes out half your life bar.

How the hell are you supposed to avoid it? When he activates it, it freezes up your character so you can't jump to avoid it, and it's unblockable of course.

Also, it's instant so you can't do anything about it? Seriously, what the hell? I was fuming because I had like 2 of those matches won if it wasn't for that move.

I'm too frustrated to play this damn game now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know which move you're talking about. I also don't know how to avoid it. I'm sure there is a certain way to avoid it.

There has to be.

I wonder if it still hits if you're crouching. Haven't tried it.

I'll probably just hit up practice mode real quick after some P3 just so that doesn't happen again.

You can crouch under his command grabs, but you may have to read it if it's instant in awakening mode.

You can't really do anything other than crouch. That HAS to be the option. Shit, as fast as it comes out, I wonder if you can even have the time to crouch.

Chie just stood there like KEEEEWL LOL GRAB.

****ing mother **** shit goddamn whore ***** asshole-licking...