Persona 4: Arena

I'll probably play this later on tonight and see how many people are online. I'd really love to have the platinum for this game, but I know it will never happen. Challenge Mode and Score Attack Mode are just brutal and I hate playing fighting games online with randoms.

I'll probably play this later on tonight and see how many people are online. I'd really love to have the platinum for this game, but I know it will never happen. Challenge Mode and Score Attack Mode are just brutal and I hate playing fighting games online with randoms.

I tried score attack today and got raped on the first level against Yu.

I got a good amount of stuff done in challenge with Kanji.

Kanji is my favorite character to use but Chie is my best character (GAY).

Yosuke is too jumpy for my liking.

For some reason, I always forget that Yu and Elizabeth are in this game, lol whenever Yu pops up in Arcade mode I'm like "Oh shit!"

I love Kanji's style. The whole powerhouse thing suits my fancy along with his variety of throws.

Chie fits me too. She extremely fast and aggressive which is how I play all my fighting games.

I tried out Naoto earlier. Eh, not for me, especially since all her tools are more for zoning like that ***** Yukiko.

Aigis is completely out of my league along with Akihiko.

Mitsuru is alright to me in terms of how she plays.

He definitely is great for pressure.

I should try out Aigis. I'd like to main at least someone from P3 too and not just P4 with Yu and Yosuke.

Preferably Aigis or Aki.

This game needs a Minato/Minako, Yukari, Shinji and Junpei DLC and not just the color swaps either. Like full on characters.

I'm really disappointed that Yukari and Junpei aren't in the game at all. Not even a single mention, I am glad that Fuuka makes an appearance though. That was nice.

Hopefully when they make a second one, they'll add in Yukari and Junpei and say what they've been up to since P3 since it's been 2 years (in game) since P3.

At least they showed them in cutscenes in the photos, lol but you're right.

Aigis has those two modes so I'm too lazy to handle all that, lmao I'd rather learn Akihiko.

I was playing this game yesterday and I had some awesome matches with this guy who was using Yu. He used that slide a little too much though so I was able to predict and punish him for it but still, he won one match and I won the other. Both matches were extremely close and he knew what he was doing. He didn't use a single auto-combo. I could tell by the damage he was dishing out.

I'm not taking this game to a high-level. There's MUCH too much zoning going on here. Now I just learned that Elizabeth can summon her persona and just trap you in a corner and keep hitting you with it while she chills at the other side of the screen.

No thanks. I'm going to just learn this game at a simple level like I did with DOA5. I don't want to have to deal with all this.

I don't understand this AT ALL.

Kanji's Burnt to a Crisp grab (awakening grab) can get you even if you're crouching.

I was playing against this awesome Chie. They were some really good matches. No auto combos or anything like that. Anyway, I got her with Burnt to a Crisp EVERY time I used it. I can't figure out how to get through it, it's such a damn gamebreaker it's not even funny. I even got this super high level Akihiko with it earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
If p4:A is anything like other ASW games then backdashes are invulnerable so that would be a way to not get hit by whatever move you're talking about.

If p4:A is anything like other ASW games then backdashes are invulnerable so that would be a way to not get hit by whatever move you're talking about.

It's like instant though. If done at really close range, I don't see any way of getting out of it.

I'll try that in training mode right now though. Lol ironic that the Kanji player is getting all annoyed by his move.

I experimented with the practice dummy.

If he activates it at close range and you're not already backdashing, it grabs you instantly.

If though you're lucky to backdash before he activates it, you escape it.

So basicially, you only have the option of predicting it? No way, there has to be a way to avoid this since it takes out HALF your life bar.

Edit:

If he does it with a little range gap, you can stop him with a super like Chie's god fist.

But it he's dead on close, you can't activate your super and he grabs you.

It also cancels out any normals so like, the shit? How are you supposed to counter it at dead-on range? Crouching doesn't work. You can't jump. You can't attack back. You can't use a super. You can't backdash.

I guess Kanji's instant-kill is for those crazy ass rushdown people like Chie. It's completely obvious and all you have to do it jump over him but since he becomes invincible, I guess they might not realize it before it's too late?

Naoto's looks tricky. I can just imagine how pissed you be by overreacting and ending up inside one of her targets.

Chie's is pretty good too since it's close range and pops up quicker than others.

I saw a Yu beat a Labrys with an instant-kill online, lol it was pretty hype.

Jesus, lol Elizabeth has 3 insta-kill moves?

That's pretty crazy, especially since with two of them you kinda have to change your strategy like not jumping or keeping away from a certain area.

If its like that then you just need to stay out of range of it. Make it so he can't use it. Kinda like gief's SPD in SSFIV.

If its like that then you just need to stay out of range of it. Make it so he can't use it. Kinda like gief's SPD in SSFIV.

That's easy for characters like Yukiko and Elizabeth but not so sure about ones like Chie, who need to get up close and personal.

Yu does well at mid-range so he could probably handle it.

Yosuke can jump all over the damn screen so that isn't even a problem for him, lol.

Yeah, I guess you could bait it. Do some safe move close up and backdash immediately after. If your opponent is smart, even if he doesn't throw it ot he'll think twice about doing it because he saw you backdash. That way you can start your pressure and stuff.

Yeah, I guess you could bait it. Do some safe move close up and backdash immediately after. If your opponent is smart, even if he doesn't throw it ot he'll think twice about doing it because he saw you backdash. That way you can start your pressure and stuff.

If he does it while you do the safe move though you're ****ed, lol that's the thing because he grabs you so quick that you don't even get to backdash.

Kanji does have the same properties as Zangief, being more easy to zone out and such while being a powerhouse up close but of course he has much more mobility than Gief.

His flying from the air grab is a pretty good move to close distance if you use the heavy version but the opponent can predict it with stuff like Chie's dragon kick (which the heavy version does a little too much damage imo).

Shit, I can't even think of a possible solution for Akihiko to avoid getting hit by it since he's aggressive as well and has a shorter range than Chie and Kanji since he does boxing.

Played some good matches with Riko.

HOW YOU LIKE MA KANJI?! :mullet:

Lol and I love dat Yukiko of yours :laugh:

Had to get revenge with Naoto.

Riko's Teddie is ferocious, lmao I wasn't even safe in the air and the only reason I won that match was because I landed my Insta-Kill with Yosuke.

My yukiko is not as full screen as the rest of the on line players 8)

Shira uses insta kills like normals lol good games though,

Naoto will fit well my squad.. Swagger Jacked!

My yukiko is not as full screen as the rest of the on line players 8)

Shira uses insta kills like normals lol good games though,

Naoto will fit well my squad.. Swagger Jacked!

I'll throw my chair at you, lmao I beat a Yukiko like that. It was the funniest shit.

50 SP just for a chair throw :laugh:

I usually go for an instant kill if my opponent is going bat-shit crazy like your Teddie :laugh:

There's this kid in the lobby that sounds like an annoying ass version of iVital.

I want to kick him in the face.

In other news, had another great match with another Yu, lol it came down to round 3 and I only lost by a little bit of life. He defeated me with that diving sword attack. Shit was intense.

I did Kanji's auto combo by mistake and beat this guy so he messaged me and called me a noob, lol it was pretty funny.

This other guy said he's too good for instant-kills (like they're easy to land or something.)

Edit (I'm not quadruple posting, lmao):

I hosted a room and 4 people joined, all cool.

Holy shit this game is a freakin' blast if you play with the right people and all of them were familiar with the Persona series too!

They even complimented my Kanji and Chie. Those two are definitely going to be officially my two news mains, although I can get a little button-mashy with Chie which is really embarrassing, no auto-combos though because I'm not a noob.

They used Yu, Shadow Labrys, Labrys, Akihiko, and Kanji. Even an Elizabeth joined at one point but even she didn't spam.

The matches were all close and all intense. My heart was racing when I played a mirror match with a Kanji, lol but I ended up losing anyway. Still, it was fun. I wish more people got into this game because it really is a blast, I'm so glad I got it.

The netcode is reallt good too. It lags at the beginning but syncs before the match starts. I have yet to play in a single laggy match so I'm really satisfied.

I hope I can find more players like those guys but I added two of them to play in the future. That was the shit. I haven't had that much fun in a fighting game in a long time.

Haven't played it yet, so, not giving a final verdict, but, just sayin', from the gameplay videos I have watched, it looks gay as balls and boring <.<

Like I said, not a final verdict because I haven't played it, just looks boring and lame.

Haven't played it yet, so, not giving a final verdict, but, just sayin', from the gameplay videos I have watched, it looks gay as balls and boring <.<

Like I said, not a final verdict because I haven't played it, just looks boring and lame.

I said the same thing, lol if you actually look at the original P4A thread I said I wasn't interested it at all.

It's made by the same developers that make BlazBlue

I thought BlazBlue looked lame as hell, especially since it was 2D and I told Critical that I'd only get the game for the characters, not the gameplay.

Same with this game. I thought it looked lame but since I'm a Persona fan now I decided to order it online. I wasn't even excited to play it, lol seriously just because the fact that it's 2D, not even 2.5D like MK9 and SFIV.

I was completely wrong though. It doesn't look like much at first glance, but when you get your hands on it, oh my god, it's a ton of fun. I actually just got back from my friends house and I was excited to share it with them and they loved it, even though they mostly just button-mashed and did auto-combos, lol.

But like you said, not a final verdict because you haven't played it, unlike all the haters on here who just judge a book by its cover so I really respect that, true shit.

The game is fun, colorful, fast paced (VERY), and easy to pick-up-and play but a lot harder to really master. I'm finding it more difficult to learn than MK9.

Excellent fighting game but the online community is small because not many are familiar with Persona so the community is filled with those who are and those who love fighting games.

Going to really put some time into this game this weekend. I want to pick up Mitsuru and see what she has to offer but I know I'm far from getting good with Kanji yet.

They are definitely going to be my two mains, Kanji most likely being my first since I like that he's a powerhouse.

Mitsuru seems like she can apply some intense pressure on her opponent.

tumblr_ma216dcmxt1qe4o1to1_500.gif