Scorpion or Sub-Zero?

Bi-Han is a bad ass and achieved more in life (and death) then both scorps and younger sub combined. however costume wise scorps gets the best duds however younger sub has the most looks in MK9. All in all tho ima have to go with the flaming skull toasty for the win... :twisted:
And also one who got killed by Scorpion in revenge for killing him! Even though he must have loved dying.
All 3 are awesome but I'm glad Rebirth has made Scorpion the good guy and Subby the bad guy for once! And that is the way it should be.

But really its all Quan Chi's fault soooooo

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We all love Scorpion more, but Sub-Zero still wins. He was the one who killed Scorpion at the beginning. He was the one, who killed him in the end.
The only time Scorpion won was with his Spectre of Death update and then he defeated a weaker Sub-Zero, but got defeated by a stronger one

Hanzo (pre Scorpion) was just a regular dude when he fought Sub Zero, aka the guy that has godlike control over ice and can freeze people to death by touching them

We all love Scorpion more, but Sub-Zero still wins. He was the one who killed Scorpion at the beginning. He was the one, who killed him in the end.
The only time Scorpion won was with his Spectre of Death update and then he defeated a weaker Sub-Zero, but got defeated by a stronger one
The bigger point is, that Scorpion got what he wanted with him, though not sure what you mean by weaker Sub-Zero.

We all love Scorpion more, but Sub-Zero still wins.

Speak for yourself.
I like Sub-Zero more.
Ever since MK1 in 1992, it's always been Sub-Zero, for me.

If it wasn't because GameStop told me that I was only able get their shitty "in-store credit," rather than being able to get my actual money back, I would have just pre-ordered MK9 at Best Buy, instead.
Dat MK1 Sub-Zero klassic costume and Spine Rip FTW!!! :love:

Sub-zero. But then the question is "which sub-zero?".

I Guess Bi-Han. If for no other reason than the fact that we have already seen the

younger's progression which was relatively lackluster. Who knows, maybe Noob will become the

champion of the elder gods in the form of Sub-zero ressurected, that is a possibility seeing as how he was

sucked into theSoulnado but his soul was not among the fallen kombatants. Hmmmm yeah that could be

cool. I mean the only other alternative is that younger Sub-zero comes back as a cyborg (Cyrax MKDA w/

no mask) meh kinda boring and crappy concept if you ask me. There is the potential for Frost to take up

the mantle of Sub-zero, but then again that is dependent on whether or not MKX

follows the same formula as MK9, meaning MKX will will rewrite MK4,5 and 6.

MKX may in fact be a "standalone" title that deviates from what we know entirely and introduces

completely "NEW" characters seeing as howthe original intent of rebooting MK was to do away with the

MK5-7 generation. Personally I wouldn't mind if frost became the "next sub-zero"

I mean in the original timeline the Sub-bros had a sister. So it could be that she takes over the role seeing

as how "Sub-zero" is an earned title/ codename.

Personally I would prefer this approach, JUST because it is the freshest approach. A female Sub-zero

Would be faster and more agile, opposed to the slower Sub-zero from MK9 which was cool, but he was

litteraly the slowest character in the game.

If they decide to go this route and combine MK4-6. I hope frost makes an appearance and I hope that she

has her ground ice as well asher slide intat with similar if not the same effects applied to them. She was by

far the most underrated of all of the 3d era's characters appearing for one game and then getting frozen. I

think the new approach to "Sub-zero" is that there should always be a "spiritual" successor some good,

some evil. I don't think the Lin Kuei is like the NBA and retires a codename after the character is retired

and/ or killed off. This approach holds the most potential in my mind. It allows for there to always be a

Sub-zero and it allows the character to evolve so there is always a fresh take on Sub-zero giving him New

moves, abilities, motivations, and stories as well as keeping the iconic Sub-zero role from stagnating.

We have heard the stories of Bi-Han and Kuai Liang now let's hear a new story.

Last edited:
The problem with your theory is that (according to MK lore) there were ONLY 3 people in the WHOLE Lin Kuei with cyromancer powers.

Those 3 people were Bi-Han, Kuai Liang (which are both dead) and Frost.
While Frost is a good character, she is NO damn replacement for Sub-Zero.
Frost should also have her own moves.
No Ground Freeze, no Ice Slide, no Ice Ball and no Ice Clone.
If NRS can revamp Kenshi for MK9, they can also revamp Frost for MK10.

The problem with your theory is that (according to MK lore) there were ONLY 3 people in the WHOLE Lin Kuei with cyromancer powers.

Those 3 people were Bi-Han, Kuai Liang (which are both dead) and Frost.
While Frost is a good character, she is NO damn replacement for Sub-Zero.
Frost should also have her own moves.
No Ground Freeze, no Ice Slide, no Ice Ball and no Ice Clone.
If NRS can revamp Kenshi for MK9, they can also revamp Frost for MK10.

that's what's great about fiction though. You can create any character you want and give them any powers you want. True, there were only three in the "LK" but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the only 3 people in "Earthrealm" with CM powers. The LK would make it their business to find those that possess these exemplary abilities.

I think Frost would serve as a good replacememnt for sub-zero for the simple fact that she possess the same powers and was being trained as his "successor" in MKDA.

Sub-zero is just a codename it can be passed to anyone. A woman Sub-zero would be awesome I think. Sub has traditionally been a man but I think it would lend a little more depth to the LK if they made this move as well as speak to the formidibility of the female incarnation.

Plus both SZ's are dead! Yeah, they could use some ressurection BS, but honestly that angle has been done to death in MK. Give us a "New" SZ. If the fans don't like it she can always be the one to bring him back via a trip to the CM temples in outworld and revive him through sorcery or some junk. Personally I think a Female Sub is an awesome concept that if approached with an open mind could lend a lot of credibility to MK. Who says Sub has to be a dude? Frankly they haven't done the Male version any justice. He winds up just being a punching bag for Scorpion. Bring on FSZ!!!

And as for the successive incarnations of SZ, Cyrax and Sektor didn't necessarily have any "powers" so they could use some kind of high-tech weaponry to give him "similar" abilities. Frankly I'm just tired of Bi-han and Kuai Liang. Their story has been told, both "failed" and we need something new.

Scorpion is my Fav of the two and my fav MK char. Though I can not STAND Scorpion fanboys, they get on my LAST nerves when they hype him up TOO much... same with Sub-Zero fanboys.

Anyhoo,
When I was first introduced to MK and to these two rivals, I was not impressed with Ice powers from a guy who wears blue and is named sub-zero(boring and cliche, imo). Seen Iceman do it and he's the best ice manipulator I know. His spine rip was cool but overall I still was not impressed with sub zero.

Sure scorp had some ghost rider qualities, but that's the first time I seen a 'yellow' ninja named Scorpion(no relation to the color)throw a spear at you(with deadly accuracy might I add) and tell you 'get over hear' and you get a free hit. At the time, MIND BLOWN!

He had white eyes, his face mask in UMK3 was like a yellow skull mouth, his UMK3 profile looked badass, his combos were NASTY!! He was easy to learn. Could do no wrong with Scorpion. The name sounded badass and by UMK3 he LOOKED Badass, his UMK3 costume is still IMO his BEST costume EVER!!

Sub Zero looked lame as shit in MK3 when he was unmasked, lookin like gotdamn David Hasselhoff.
Noob was cool though(before I even knew he was the bi han). And I did use the masked Sub Zero/Bi Han in UMK3 since he was already unlocked for SNES version. I liked the UMK3 ninja costumes.

Since then, its always been scorpion for me.

When the first movie came out, his fight was pretty much the best fight or tied between Reptile's fight. Sub Zero's fight was lame in the movie.

When the series(MK:C) came out, he had some of the best fights. Sub Zero again sucked ass until they both fought each other in the series which is still the best Scorpion Sub-Zero fight ive seen thus far.

When I played MK:MSZ and came face to face with Scorpion for the second time in NR, and he had on his Trilogy/UMK3 costume. I KNEW I was bout to get my ass beat! Scorp had a fukkin chain instead of the rope, for the first time and was still fukkin up dudes with those nasty ass combos!!

Man, its Scorpion ALL DAY for me.

I only began to like Sub Zero once he was in MK:SM because I liked his char was potrayed. He reminded me of Batman and ever since then when in the cut scenes of story mode etc, he reminds me of the Bat.

But Anyday Ill pic Scorpion. He OWNZ Sub-Zero(any of them), IMO.

Frankly they haven't done the Male version any justice. He winds up just being a punching bag for Scorpion.

You can blame Ed Boon for that.
That's because Ed Boon has an infatuation with Scorpion and it's his favorite character, thus in everything Sub-Zero is getting his ass kicked.
Scorpion is even the mascot for NRS.
It's damn aggravating how NRS is constantly shoving Scorpion beating on SUb-Zero down our throats with every goddamn piece of marketing material (in the NRS logo, in the MK9 start screen, in the Kollector's Edition bookends, in every trailer including the Kratos trailer, in Injustice).
The Scorpion favoritism is strong with NRS.
Sub-Zero having a shitty story can be partially blamed on NRS killing him off, ESPECIALLY in MK9, TWICE.

Sub-Zero had a pretty interesting story in MK:MSZ, and I don't see why NRS can't incorporate some of that story into MK10 with one of the Sub-Zero brothers, to introduce characters like Kia, Jataaka and Sareena for MK10.

You can blame Ed Boon for that.
That's because Ed Boon has an infatuation with Scorpion and it's his favorite character, thus in everything Sub-Zero is getting his ass kicked.
Scorpion is even the mascot for NRS.
It's damn aggravating how NRS is constantly shoving Scorpion beating on SUb-Zero down our throats with every goddamn piece of marketing material (in the NRS logo, in the MK9 start screen, in the Kollector's Edition bookends, in every trailer including the Kratos trailer, in Injustice).
The Scorpion favoritism is strong with NRS.
Sub-Zero having a shitty story can be partially blamed on NRS killing him off, ESPECIALLY in MK9, TWICE.

Sub-Zero had a pretty interesting story in MK:MSZ, and I don't see why NRS can't incorporate some of that story into MK10 with one of the Sub-Zero brothers, to introduce characters like Kia, Jataaka and Sareena for MK10.

I agree. Boon loves Scorpion so much its detrimental to Sub-Zero. Scorpion AND Sub-Zero have been the mascots for years, until Mk9 rolled around and I noticed such a shift. Its CLEAR in my mind they are wanting to go a different direction with Scorpion as THE mascot for MK. Sub-Zero is just there to get his ass kicked. Also with news coming out that Scorpion was the most downloaded DLC in Injustice it wont help things. Imagine the butthurt Boon would have had if Sub-Zero would have been available and beat Scorpion. Fact is they have to smear Sub-zero in the mud to make Scorpion look better. Kuai Liang had developed into a hero similar to batman and could have been just as big if not bigger than Scorpion, but they crapped all over him in story mode.

Honestly I disagree with bringing mythologies into the fold still though. That game was a long time ago and many people dont even remember it. Lets be honest it was lackluster too and wasn't received well. I dont agree with the frost route either because that would piss both Sub-Zero fanbases off.

I either want Kuai Liang back (because he is still Sub-Zero) or a new Sub-Zero entirely. I dont foresee them doing anything with Bi-Han that they havent done with Kuai Liang, and Frost would piss people off. Cyber Sub-Zero was a mistake. Period. Mistakes are made to be fixed though. If all those other warriors are revived, which im sure they will be, Kuai Liang will be among them.

I hope you're right Subz. NRS will shoot themselves in the foot if they don't bring back a Human Sub-Zero. I am also tired of Scorpion beating Sub's ass in the media marketing NRS spews out.

Last edited:
Fact is they have to smear Sub-zero in the mud to make Scorpion look better. Kuai Liang had developed into a hero similar to batman and could have been just as big if not bigger than Scorpion, but they crapped all over him in story mode.

That's what it seemed like.
I just find it funny how people say that Sub-Zero had no story when his story was better in MK9, and could be even better in MK10, had he not died.
Scorpion killed Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) and from that point on, Scorpion's story was even more lacking than Sub-Zero's was in MK9, so I don't know why every one is saying that Sub-Zero's story was lacking.
Had it not been for that one revenge fight in the MK1 part of the story, Scorpion would have NO story in MK9.
He just served as Quan Chi's lapdog, when Raiden was looking for Quan Chi, and THAT'S IT!!!

Honestly I disagree with bringing mythologies into the fold still though. That game was a long time ago and many people dont even remember it. Lets be honest it was lackluster too and wasn't received well. I dont agree with the frost route either because that would piss both Sub-Zero fanbases off.

Some of SZ Mythologies has story potential for MK10, if it's done right, and somehow SZ is brought back from the dead.
Some of the stuff in SZ Mythologies can be canonical for MK10.
I never meant to imply that all of the mythologies stuff should be in, just a few things to introduce characters like Kia, Jataaka and Sareena.

I either want Kuai Liang back (because he is still Sub-Zero) or a new Sub-Zero entirely. I dont foresee them doing anything with Bi-Han that they havent done with Kuai Liang, and Frost would piss people off. Cyber Sub-Zero was a mistake. Period. Mistakes are made to be fixed though. If all those other warriors are revived, which im sure they will be, Kuai Liang will be among them.

I honestly don't think the Sub-Zero fans care whether Frost is there or not, as long as Sub-Zero is also there.
I know that I don't care anymore.
As long as Frost is not a REPLACEMENT for Sub-Zero, because that's when most people would be pissed.

Mythologies took place before MK1, and since the MK9 reboot only impacted from the start of MK1 onward, all pre-MK1 events are permanently canon and retcon-proof. That includes the entirety of Mythologies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

NRS show Scorp more love in promotion, but ingame he's treated like the village idiot. MK4 it was revealed Scorpion was just Quan Chi's pet. MKDA he gets killed by Drahmin. MKD he STILL fails to get revenge on the Chi Miester. MKA the Elder Gods bring his clan back as stupid zombies. MKvsDC Quan Chi outright taunts Scorpion's obliviousness; when Sub Zero says he didn't kill his family Quan Chi says "Well who else could have done it?" With THE MOST, jackassest smile possible on his face.

MK9 was the first game since MKII that showed Scorpion had a brain, when he decided not to kill Sub Zero. He finally appeared more human than his usual AAAGGGHHHHH!! KILL KILL RAGE KILL KILL VENGEANCE self

NRS show Scorp more love in promotion, but ingame he's treated like the village idiot. MK4 it was revealed Scorpion was just Quan Chi's pet. MKDA he gets killed by Drahmin. MKD he STILL fails to get revenge on the Chi Miester. MKA the Elder Gods bring his clan back as stupid zombies. MKvsDC Quan Chi outright taunts Scorpion's obliviousness; when Sub Zero says he didn't kill his family Quan Chi says "Well who else could have done it?" With THE MOST, jackassest smile possible on his face.

MK9 was the first game since MKII that showed Scorpion had a brain, when he decided not to kill Sub Zero. He finally appeared more human than his usual AAAGGGHHHHH!! KILL KILL RAGE KILL KILL VENGEANCE self

My observation is that Scorpion's character was designed to always have a chip on his shoulder, which I think is part of his appeal to fans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk