I feel bad :(((( everyone hates Scorpion

Online MK9 is still garbage as far as competive play goes and I have this bad feeling Injustice's online won't be any different. Here's hoping I'm wrong

I wouldn't say everyone hates Scorpion, I would say that people just hate how people use cheap tactics with a certain character to win.

Easy win? Maybe against a bad scorp. I'm not sure how good/bad that MU is for scorp though.

Easy win? Maybe against a bad scorp. I'm not sure how good/bad that MU is for scorp though.

It's not that bad. I think lariat just abuses the fact that tele kick counters both hellfire and spear, (and teleport punch?). Roll goes under spear.

Basically if you're not a committed scorpion player, Mileena will blow you up.

But scorpion can combo off his D1, which if you call even the EX tele-kicks out. You get a full combo.

D1, tele punch, dash 1,1 Spear, JiP, F2,1 Teleport punch for every single EX telekick.

Scorpion has some of the best anti-air damage wise combos so comb'ing a blocked roll is no problem either.

She doesn't have overwhelming pressure, that scorpions negative pokes harm him, he doesn't need to use armor to get out. Can easily trade a zoning sai with EX spear mid screen.

Scorpion has nothing far away though.

I played a scorpion player who would b2 anytime I did a ball roll for a full combo after a bait. Mileena has tools to beat scorpion but they are both high risk high gain fighters, I love the match up.

I played a scorpion player who would b2 anytime I did a ball roll for a full combo after a bait. Mileena has tools to beat scorpion but they are both high risk high gain fighters, I love the match up.

ya B2, is an anti air lol.

I'm not sure if I like the highrisk/highreward label on them.

I believe that's just an option they both have. When you got the lead you can stop playing high risk reward. To maintain it.

If you're behind you can turn it on to catch up.

Or if your greedy and your already ahead, you can leave it on to get MORE ahead.

But it's not like they 100% HAVe to be played this way, the community just overly emphasizes on it.

True, Mileenas b1,3 can connect for 30%, and 3,2 is safe but against scorpion both of those can get you in a njp or b2 situation for some serious damage not to mention his vortex. As for scorpion a wiffed b2 will have him in an up 4 juggle for 36-38% thats why I think that this mach up is high risk for both.

I use to fight Scorps all the time with Sub. I love blocking their teleports cause that cannonball recovery allowed me to get a full combo all the time :love:

Also I love it how Scorp's hellfire is unblocakable, makes the fight against him on my toes

The top characters used by spammers: Scorpion, Noob, Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor and Kung Lao.
One curiosity: In brazilian portuguese languege, spammer means "apelão", which means "who that appeals" in english language.

Sektor drops dumps on Skerpin. I don't mind fighting them.

your character is one of the few that is allowed to jump at scorpion because you have the threat of not committing to your jump.

So his awesome sauce D1 anti air isn't 100% reliable.

There are some nice things scorpion's have that I think people are overlooking.

Cancelling your pokes into take down. Is what lets scorpion keep his pressure. When people try to poke scorpion back aftera blocked poke. you can cancel your poke into takedown. Make them think twice about just plain poking back.

I think Scorpion despite having alot of people play him, is underdeveloped. Come on Scorpion community, Slips/Ninjapendance day, can't do all the leveling up for you.

Sektor I believe is HIGHLY underrated. He just doesn't have the high level representation outside of Ketchup/DR Gross. I think Pig of the Hut is picking him up though so we'll see what happens with that.

MK9's growth weakness is in that of not having as many players representing the mid tier characters.

its a 5-5 MU at the highest level. The problem is MOST of the scorpion players online that I face don't know how to use him properly and just hellfire, exteleport, random spear and vortex spam I do believe Mileena has better footsies ( her D4 has better reach ) but scorpion has better antiair so its even match up.

Wow I thought I was getting good because I learned Scorpions special attacks and that is literally all I do is spam spear, then fire, then teleport, uppercut, back to spear, and etc. Which leads me to my question, how do I get good at Mortal Kombat? I thought I was good for knowing those moves! lol