I feel bad :(((( everyone hates Scorpion

mahh_raptor321

ok so..... I see everyone hating on Scorpion because most of the scorpion players spam.
the fire, spear ,teleporting. they make people who actually know how to use scorpion look like noobs.
My main character is scorpion and i can confidently say that i don't spam at all.so everytime i go online, i feel ashamed because people think im a noob for using scorpion but i can properly use scorpion in mad combos

also these are the karacters that always spam on me online : Sheeva, Sektor, Scorpion and noob saibot

I used to feel the same way when I wanted to use my main ...kung lao or my alt main cyrax thanks to teleport/spin abusers I got rage quits at the character select screen and hate mail when I wont calling me cheap for using lao so I quit playing online and stick to offline with friends screw all that hate man.

Don't listen to most online players, 90% of their whining is easily countered in the most basic of ways: block and punish.

I feel better just playing the game offline without lag and a sea of haters/spammers shit gets annoying and old fast for me and ruins the fun.

MK9 online scene has no dignity what so ever
Win a KOTH match fair and square, get a 0 score

:mad:

Yup I tried to do the 10 in a row trophy with lao and all I got was hate mail and no respect then I lost on #8 so I gave up and quit the online scene not worth my time to get trashed when ever one else was spamming smoke, noob and scorp teleports (no offense to OP). But if you wanna take online play serious grow some thick skin and have some patience to deal with all that cuz its not gonna get better. personally I wish there was a room dedicated to respectable players only who agree to play the game right then there wouldn't be threads like this and people like this guy who are upset about how they are treated online.

I play offline mostly. I got like 10 friends who are about as good as me and I play with 4 of them almost daily, although we are all taking a break. I also have a few online friends I play with.

Yeah lag sucks another main reason I didn't like online play and up until a year ago i had 4 room mates who liked to play MK aswell so I had plenty of sparing partners now im living in the middle of nowhere (1 mile outside of a town of only 100 ppl 30 minutes from any other "towns")
so I don't get to play with people much anymore.

Damn that blows, having to be in the middle of nowhere not playing offline. I feel your pain sir, no one wants to play fighting games on a black college :(

Another set back is that the internet out here sucks too :slap: so even if I wanted to play online now I get disconnected when I try to start it up last time I tried I got 3 of the laggiest matches of my life. SF3s wont let me connect either I havn't tried SSFIV:AE yet but I figure it will be the same...

MK9 online scene has no dignity what so ever
Win a KOTH match fair and square, get a 0 score

:mad:

This is EXACTLY why MK9 trophies are bullshit.
Half of the Trophies depend on dipshits being fair and square online, which isn't possible.

For those that platinumed MK9, you are unicorns, and I REALLY want to know HOW IN THE HELL you got the respect points with everybody being an a-hole online.

If it really was fair and honest, I should have about 5,000 respect points.
I stopped going for online Trophies after people were being sore losers and giving me a 0 for a well fought match that they lost to.
The only trophies that I even bothered to get were the offline ones.
I managed to get a flawless victory SOMEHOW online, by some damn miracle.

Last edited:
This is EXACTLY why MK9 trophies are bullshit.
Half of the Trophies depend on dipshits being fair and square online, which isn't possible.

For those that platinumed MK9, you are unicorns, and I REALLY want to know HOW IN THE HELL you got the respect points with everybody being an a-hole online.

If it really was fair and honest, I should have about 5,000 respect points.
I stopped going for online Trophies after people were being sore losers and giving me a 0 for a well fought match that they lost to.
The only trophies that I even bothered to get were the offline ones.
I managed to get a flawless victory SOMEHOW online, by some damn miracle.

I usually give out 10s just because of this - I mean I could be destroying the other guy and lose trying to show off with a pretty combo and I still give 10s. To be honest; insults is what makes this game so popular, that extra salt on the wound after you beat a guy is the number one reason why we have this kind of behavior online. As for the MK Plats -- Those people had friends to boost their stats!

I rarely play KOTHs, if I do, they are with friends. I'm mot doing KOTHs against randoms.

As for the MK Plats -- Those people had friends to boost their stats!

I agree.
They must have had help.
I got a Flawless online, but it was a legitimate flawless using Kabal against someone who was trying to be cheap with Noob Saibot.

As for the topic at hand:
You can feel assured that at least NRS doesn't hate Scorpion.

- He's the NRS mascot
- He's winning against Sub-Zero on the bookends (Kollectors Edition)
- Ed Boon does his voice and has a raging hard-on for him
- Scorpion will live to see another day in MK10.
That's more than I can say for any of the other characters that died.

Sure, people will always hate on a few characters online, due to people spamming with them online (Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Scorpion, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Kenshi), but more props to you if you can properly use them doing combos, baiting and adapting them to your play-style.

Online pissed me off a long time ago, so I just play mostly offline, or when I do play online it's against IRL friends or people on my friends list.

I wish people would stop complaining about "spamming". If you lose to somebody who is brainlessly spamming a move then its nobody's fault but your own and some characters rely on defensive play styles. If you lose to a Noob that just randomly throws clones, you are doing it wrong.

I wish people would stop complaining about "spamming". If you lose to somebody who is brainlessly spamming a move then its nobody's fault but your own and some characters rely on defensive play styles. If you lose to a Noob that just randomly throws clones, you are doing it wrong.

Agreed.
All "spam" is beatable.
I was just referring to why others may not like certain characters.

Spam or not, if I lost to your character online, I'll chuck it under my loss category, then try to learn and get better.
Not everyone has that mentality, though.
Lots of sore losers out there with excuses as to why they lost.