Shin Megami Tensei

Spoiler:
Yeah they definitely get props for almost killing her lol. I liked Nanako almost as much as I liked Maiko. I really felt like I needed to protect them. And Dojima was almost as badass as Akihiko imo.

You also fukk Yuko in her social link ending. But I also think that Yukari is the canon relationship. She gets pretty jealous when you first meet Aigis. I know that Elizabeth wants the MCD but I think she's more like a guardian than anything.

I read something on the comment page of a P3P song, since Theodore was made canon by appearing in Arena, do you think that Minako exists somewhere as canon too? It's a shame she isn't in FES or Persona Q

What's Trinity Soul?

Spoiler:
Dojima is literally the only cop I like. I don't care if he's not real lol.

I completely forgot about Yuko's slutty ass. She's one of my least favorite social link in P3 right along with the fat kid and the dumb ass jock. Those are the only social links I felt like being an asshole in just because they were douchy. Like you, I felt like I actually did something for Maiko or Nanako or any other social link, but with the fat kid I just have the need to see him get his ass kicked and I always want to break that jocks legs just to shut him up lol. Yuko isn't really bad, but if I'm going for a chick that isn't part of the team, I'm going for Chihiro because I like the shy nerdy type in girls.

Theo is a really weird topic just because he IS canon, but it doesn't make much sense for him to be canon. The only thing I can think of for Theo is that some how The Velvet Room attendants are able to leap from other dimensions UNLESS Philemon just decided to throw in another puppet into The Velvet Room.

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but Igor is a doll made by Philemon. Philemon is THE main entity in the Persona series (he's the blue butterfly in every Persona game. He's even the save point while walking around Inaba in P4) so either Philemon or Igor BROUGHT Elizabeth/Margaret/Theo into TVR or MADE them. If brought there, then I can really see Elizabeth being the canon girl for P3MC, but if they're dolls like Igor and were made in TVR, then I can definitely see her being more of a guardian rather than a lover.

Trinity Souls is a Persona anime that has nothing to do with the games and is now officially not canon with the release of P4Arena. Aki is actually in Trinity Souls but he doesn't have a Persona anymore because according to the show, you lose your Persona once you become an adult (fvcking stupid, right?). Aki becomes a detective in the show I think. I honestly watched I think 2 episodes and I was done with it.

Persona -trinity soul- centers around three brothers with the ability to use Persona. The oldest brother, Ryo Kanzato, is a police chief who is keeping the mysterious Reverse cases secret from the public. When his brothers move back in with him, they get involved with Marebito, a group of rogue Persona users."

I loved Yuko. Definite 2nd place spot for waifu phagu behind Yukari. Her story was pretty boring though tbh.
I still haven't completed the fat kid's story. Neither the glasses girl, Student Council, Mitsuru or Fuuka.

Star athlete kid is by far my least favorite. The guy is so damned uninteresting. Bebe was cool though, the foreign exchange kid. I was actually afraid that he was going to try to seduce me or something. I kept checking the end of social link meetings to make sure it didn't say "You two are getting more intimate" :laugh:

Spoiler:
I had no idea about Philemon. I always thought that Igor was god or something lol. I haven't played P1 or 2, I probably never will tbh. So the Velvet Room is still a huge mystery to me. I remember you saying that there were 2 other dudes in there. A painter and a pianist iirc.

So it's a spinoff anime? Hella lame. No me gusta.
I'm looking forward to the P3 anime though. Maybe. I hope they fight alongside their Personas, I thought it was pretty whack that the P4 cast just stood on the sidelines and watched (at least from the 2 scenes I saw).

I loved Yuko. Definite 2nd place spot for waifu phagu behind Yukari. Her story was pretty boring though tbh.
I still haven't completed the fat kid's story. Neither the glasses girl, Student Council, Mitsuru or Fuuka.

Star athlete kid is by far my least favorite. The guy is so damned uninteresting. Bebe was cool though, the foreign exchange kid. I was actually afraid that he was going to try to seduce me or something. I kept checking the end of social link meetings to make sure it didn't say "You two are getting more intimate" :laugh:

Spoiler:
I had no idea about Philemon. I always thought that Igor was god or something lol. I haven't played P1 or 2, I probably never will tbh. So the Velvet Room is still a huge mystery to me. I remember you saying that there were 2 other dudes in there. A painter and a pianist iirc.

So it's a spinoff anime? Hella lame. No me gusta.
I'm looking forward to the P3 anime though. Maybe. I hope they fight alongside their Personas, I thought it was pretty whack that the P4 cast just stood on the sidelines and watched (at least from the 2 scenes I saw).

My favorite social links are Aigis, Yukari, Fuuka, Akinari (dying kid at the park), Bebe, and Mutatsu (the monk at Club Escapade).

http://ancret.deviantart.com/art/How-Not-to-Play-Persona-3-167314327

P1 isn't worth the hassle at all. The story is cool but the gameplay and random encounters completely ruin that whole game. I wish it and both P2 games would have gotten a proper remake but we never will. I still need to finish the first P2 game. I'm about 8 hours in but that was a year ago lol. The story is a whole lot better but the gameplay and random encounters are only slightly better than P1P so its still kind of a chore to finish.

P1 isn't worth the hassle at all. The story is cool but the gameplay and random encounters completely ruin that whole game. I wish it and both P2 games would have gotten a proper remake but we never will. I still need to finish the first P2 game. I'm about 8 hours in but that was a year ago lol. The story is a whole lot better but the gameplay and random encounters are only slightly better than P1P so its still kind of a chore to finish.

You seemed to like Soul Hackers though, what was it that made it more tolerable than P1?

Last edited:
You seemed to like Soul Hackers though, what was it that made it more tolerable than P1?

The random encounter rate in Soul Hackers is nowhere even near the encounter rate in P1. At least in Soul Hackers I could walk for a least 10 seconds without getting into a battle. In P1, I would take literally 3 steps and I'd be right back into another battle. On top of that, the battles in Soul Hackers went by decently fast. The battles in P1 were WAAAAAYYY TOOOOOO SLOWWWWWWWW. Each battle took fvcking forever, even if there was just one enemy on the field from the start, it would just take way too long.

The soundtrack in Soul Hackers helped make the game go by faster. Yeah it's a little lackluster compared to the rest of the SMT series, but it does it's job of creating a dark cyberpunkish feel to the game. The P1P soundtrack though just doesn't fit in the slightest in pretty much every part of the game. If they would have done what they did with P2:IS on the PSP and just remake the soundtrack that would have been killer, but they just completely changed the soundtrack and it doesn't work. Revelations: Persona had a great soundtrack that worked well with the game, but the J-Pop like songs in P1P just don't work. It's not a bad soundtrack by any means because it does have some good tracks (Bloody Destiny is the one that pops to mind) but overall it just doesn't fit which help make the game just drag on.

Battle theme in original P1:

Battle theme in P1P:

Finally playing through Raidou. Game isn't as bad as I thought. Now that I'm going in with lower expectations, I can enjoy it a lot more. It's pretty cool that you can walk around with your favorite demons right behind you. And recruiting them actually makes sense unlike Nocturne or SMT lol

The Raidou system is getting a little ridiculous now that I can only capture demons during certain phases of the moon. Which means I have to just hope that I run into them during the very short phases.

But it's really cool being able to play as your favorite demons. I didn't know you could walk around as them solo.

The idea of controllable demons is pretty cool. Unfortunately, some of the Demons are awkward to control in combat. Then again, Atlus isn't known for action-oriented games.

Oh yeah. Some are definitely better than others. Manually aiming projectiles is also ridiculous. Especially with how clunky they all move. Others are legitimately fun though. Mostly those that have good melee attacks.

Playing as demons sounds pretty cool. I still have yet to play the Raidou games. I have them both on disc but no PS2 to play them on. I plan on playing and beating my whole back log of games this year and both Raidou and Digital Devil Saga games are on the list.

I figured you already owned a PS2 since you finished PS3 and P4. If you happen to have a fat PS3, they are backwards compatible with PS2 games.

I have the first Raidou on PSN since I can't find a physical copy. I got the second Raidou game (physical copy) during a Black Friday sale, although I'm bummed that the manual was missing, especially considering P3 and P4 had some nice colored manuals.

Last edited:
I figured you already owned a PS2 since you finished PS3 and P4. If you happen to have a fat PS3, they are backwards compatible with PS2 games.

I have the first Raidou on PSN since I can't find a physical copy. I got the second Raidou game (physical copy) during a Black Friday sale, although I'm bummed that the manual was missing, especially considering P3 and P4 had some nice colored manuals.

My PS2 broke a few years back and my PS3 is a slim 120gb so it's a no go unfortunately unless I feel like buying a PS2, which I don't. I just bought them for collectors purpose really lol.

I know they actually repressed the Raidou games last year because I bought the first Raidou game for brand new for $15 on Amazon. I believe they actually did another run of SMT games because even Strange Journey is cheap on Amazon now.

I'm going to have to buy that now lol.

Also really annoying how stupid your demon's AI is. They use their best skills in the most useless scenarios. At least in Persona 3, there was a threshold of health an AI kept in mind before healing. In this game your demon will use Diarahan if you are missing even a single point of health.

But I'm in the final dungeon now. Can't wait to wrap this up so I can start the second one.

Last edited:
I just find it painfully uninteresting.

And oh my god damnit the second game is even worse! They removed random encounters in hub worlds. So now I'm seriously going HOURS without any battles. Nothing but mundane "Find the right guy to talk to" missions. And I'm not even talking about grinding, I have to go far out of my way to get a battle period! I'm not sure I can finish this game. This shit is beyond boring.

May have been a little harsh. The game evened itself out and once all the pieces fell in place, I found it to be a pretty satisfying game. I'm on the final chapter now and I can say that I did enjoy it overall. It starts off brutally slow, but the pace picks up later on. Still don't care about the story, but it is better than the first game.

And while the game offers a wide variety of side quests with boss fights, I'd say my biggest complaint as of now is that the optional master tier boss isn't fightable until new game+. You know like Metatron and Lucifer in Nocturne, or "Her" in Persona 3. The previous game's secret boss was Beelezebub and it was a really fun fight. I'm disappointed that they want me to go through the game again just to fight the real challenge. Because I'm not going to do it lol.

I've got Digital Devil Saga 1 downloaded and ready to go. Will start it up after I finish off this final chapter.