Shin Megami Tensei

Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Series

He's some random ass teddy with huge eyes, lol and I didn't know who the hell he was :laugh:

I'm with you, man. I think Teddie's initial introduction is pretty creepy, and I think it was intentionally so. And for good reason, considering where his story goes.

Since I have a Vita now, I'm SUPER pumped for P4: The Golden. I had it pre-ordered before I even had a Vita, but I'm excited to play P4 again with all the new stuff added in. Especially Marie.

I'm also doing a new game + in P3: FES to pass the time and Already in December. This game is way too easy with a new game +. I rarely have to fight. The only time I go into Tartarus is to get to the next block and to do some quest for Elizabeth since I'm doing her quest now too.

I also have a lot of time to do social links as well. I already maxed out Yukari (<3), Fuuka, The old couple, The TV Show sells man, Kenji, and the fat kid at the mall (who annoys the hell out of me. I hate that social link). I still need to work on Aigis, Mitsuru, Photography Club and Student Council, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to max out all of those.

I want to play P3: Portable and play as the FeMC because Shinji has a social link and I'd like to see more of his character drawn out since in P3:FES you can't do male social links like Akihiko, Ken or Junpei.

Minato, Shinji, Akihiko, Yukari and Aigis are by far my favorite P3 characters. I'm starting to open up to Fuuka as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinjiro is like Nemesis, lol not me. I'm like the complete opposite.

Shinjiro is the tallest character in Persona 3 and really secludes himself from others. He appears as some low-life buttnugget when you first see him because he hardly pays attention and vaguely acknowledges your existance.

But later, he turns out to save your ass.

Skip to 7:09

Yukari, Minato, and Junpei head to a bad neighborhood to do some investigating and end up being threatened by some punks but Shinjiro shows up and helps them.

He isn't a bad guy at all. Just really quiet and doesn't like to get involved with others except Akihiko here and there since they were childhood friends.

It will most likely be $1000 and up.

Me and my friend were just talking and he brought up how the Persona games come with soundtracks. Well, it looks like P4: The Golden won't come with one. Which REALLY disappoints me. I mean, at least throw in a sampler. I love Atlus because they always throw in the soundtrack or a 5-10 song samplers. Persona 4 came with one (most copies did), Persona 3: Collectors Edition came with one, P3P: Collectors Edition came with one, First Edition copies of Persona 1 and 2 on the PSP came with a 10 song sampler. EVEN P4: ARENA CAME WITH A 6 SONG SAMPLER!

I'm pretty disappointed that it doesn't come with a soundtrack. I really love P3 and P4's soundtrack. They are seriously one of the best OST's for a game I've heard along with MGS1 and RE2 and RE3.

I didn't get shit with P4A.

Not even the original casing or the game manual.

Just the game and the cover slip in a default black case.

I didn't get shit with P4A.

Not even the original casing or the game manual.

Just the game and the cover slip in a default black case.

Seriously? That's lame. It's because you bought it used then. All new first editions of P4: Arena came with the soundtrack.

IMG_20121108_211325.jpg

IMG_20121108_211710.jpg

IMG_20121108_211742.jpg

Did your P4 at least come with the OST?

Yeah, my P4 was used but in excellent condition. It looked near new.

I ordered P4A used online so I had no idea that it was going to come out to be so shitty :/

I imported all the tracks on the P4 OST to my Xbox.

Playing RE6 Mercs to the Junes Theme is goddamn funny.

I have no idea what it's called but I love the track where you fought other people's shadows in P4.

Also, the Reach out for the Truth theme is good, along with the Arena revision.

There's probably some others that I can't remember, lol I do like that P3 tracks are in the game like during Akihiko's story mode.

I have no idea what it's called but I love the track where you fought other people's shadows in P4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_58-XYXuJMs

Yeah, when you play as Mitsuru, Aigis or Aki, you get to hear the P3 soundtrack.

If there's one thing I truly love, is that they play Persona music live, like Zelda and some other games do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eORuSVdMddw

Also, this version, from NEVER MORE (Reincarnation of P4 OST) IS THE SHIT! I love the Reincarnation OST's. Seriously. They're amazing.

I actually really really like the P3P opening a lot. But the problem with it, is that it secretly reveals A LOT. You can watch it, but after you beat the game, you'll know what I mean.

I'm going to be pissed when I get a Vita because I can't play Def Jam: Fight for NY the Takeover, Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker, and Metal Slug Anthology.

Go date Shinjiro asap, son.

Yeah, about that. I'm pretty pissed. My Vita was downloading P3P and I fell asleep and my Vita went into sleep mode and it didn't download, it just paused the download so I have to wait another 2 hours. Such bullshit.

Dammit, I waited too long to nab a copy of Persona 3. Even when I discovered a new video game store in my area, and was informed they used have lots of copies of Persona 3, now they are gone.

Oh well, at least I still have Persona 4 to keep me occupied for a while. I haven't played video games that much for the past couple of weeks, so I'm not very far yet.

Rakshasa is my favorite Persona I currently have with it's high physical stats and defense against physical attacks.

Rakshasa is a beast. You need to keep him for the Kanji shadow fight. He is almost necessary.

I primarily used Jack Frost and another Persona I can't recall to cast debuffs on Shadow Kanji. However, I switched to Raksasa when given the opportunity, especially when Shadow kanji no longer has Nice Guy and Tough for support. It was a pretty tough fight, and I was straining for supplies towards the end.

I haven't entered the next dungeon yet. I'm trying to build up my social links while I still can.

Last edited:

I remember having major problems beating Shadow Kanji because of Nice and Tough Guy. When I got Rakshasa, Kanji got the shit beat out of him lol.

I had Jack Frost with me through out my entire first playthrough of P3. But on my current playthrough, I don't. Skadi does way too much damage for me to pass up on.

Dammit, I waited too long to nab a copy of Persona 3. Even when I discovered a new video game store in my area, and was informed they used have lots of copies of Persona 3, now they are gone.

Oh well, at least I still have Persona 4 to keep me occupied for a while. I haven't played video games that much for the past couple of weeks, so I'm not very far yet.

Rakshasa is my favorite Persona I currently have with it's high physical stats and defense against physical attacks.

They had only 1 copy of Persona 3: FES and only 1 copy of Persona 4 at the Gamestop by me. I went with my friend and he was like "Dude, you should just pick up P3, and it if it's good, come back for P4."

I was like hell no, lol I picked up both of them at the same time, thank goodness.

It took long enough for me to convince you to get the god damn games lol.

So, I bought Persona 1 and Persona 3: Portable on PSN last night to play on my Vita.

I've been tearing up some P3:p. I'm playing as Minako (female) and everyone is nice as hell to me, especially compared to playing as Minato.

It must be because I have a vag in the game.

I played about a good hour of P1 and honestly, I'm not caring for it. The complicated combat system with negotiating with the demons (demons, not shadows) and the characters right now are really lame.

MARK DANCED CRAZY!
markdancedcrazy.png

He danced crazy because he's black.

That's not true. Mark is only black in the Japanese version trolololol.

The story might be good, but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to FORCE myself to beat this game.

Well, I actually played P4 first, then I played P3:p (but never beat it), then I played like...5 minutes of 1. Then I went back to P3:p, then went into a massive depression and didn't play anything for a good 4 or 5 months and now I'm back but went with P3:FES because I didn't have a PSP anymore.

I think that people who like older JRPG's will like Persona 1 and 2 (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment) but they went in the right direction with 3 and 4. If those games were anything like 1 and 2, I'd probably hate the series lol.

The 20th can't come fast enough.

Since the new manager at Gamestop is a fvcking prick, I'm only going to show up at like, 11:55pm and get my game and get the fvck out of there ASAP. With the old manager, Greg, I used to show up at 10pm and hang out with him and we'd just talk about music and shit like that, but man, the new guy blows balls. I can't hang out there because the guy is too corporate and follows all the corporate rules. So, I'd be technically loitering. Hell, even a friend quit there a few days ago because the guy was such a fvcking prick.

But once I have P4:TG in my hands, I'm speeding home. I'll be going 50 in a 30. It was the same way with MK when that came out last year.

The guardians get harder as they go on. I don't remember which floor it was or which guardian it was, but the battle took about 35 minutes or so. I was always on the edge of my seat because my party and the shadow was the same level.

It's too bad that this game isn't on the US PSP because I would like to have it to complete the up-to-date collection. I still need to buy the original PS1 games, but they're just way too expensive.

Yeah I saw that lol.

I really wish I still had the big outer cardboard box for P2: IS. It got crushed awhile ago, and I would rather have none than one that looks like shit, so I threw it out. I would also like one for P1:p with the soundtrack since I don't have either of those.

P3:p Collectors Edition is pretty expensive too on eBay, but I'll get one here soon. As well as the regular P3 CE. The P4 collectors edition is cool as shit, it came with a Teddie plush, a 2008 (or 2009) calender, the soundtrack and a black t-shirt with Yukiko's persona on it.
51wjfRxVZzL_SS400_.jpg

I want a new Persona shirt. The only one I have is a P4 shirt, it's yellow and it's got Izanagi on the front in all black and on the back, it's got Yu, Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko on it all in black.

I love Misturu's charge.

You'll fall by MY hand! :love:

What does Junpei say?

"Get back here you ??????"