Shin Megami Tensei

Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Series

I don't really feel doing NG+ for Soul Hackers yet. I'm going to start playing SMT IV.

Having direct control over what skills your demon inherits is awesome. Even better, they can teach you skills, assuming you have the available slots.

I'm overwhelmed by the choice of apps. I'm not sure what is what is worth getting, especially when points acquired seem finite.

I don't really feel doing NG+ for Soul Hackers yet. I'm going to start playing SMT IV.

Having direct control over what skills your demon inherits is awesome. Even better, they can teach you skills, assuming you have the available slots.

I'm overwhelmed by the choice of apps. I'm not sure what is what is worth getting, especially when points acquired seem finite.

I plan on doing a SH NG+ at some point after I'm done with SMTIV.

I am convincing a friend of mine to get SMTIV and I let him play one of my old saves and he likes it because it's basically Pokemon with demons. He mentioned it would be cool as shit if we could battle demons. That really would be fvcking awesome.

I have a shit ton of apps. The ones I got first were the skill apps that give an extra skill slot. I'd get those so you won't run out of room for skills.

I haven't played in a few days and I need to get on it so I can record more songs. I plan on making a rar file and uploading the OST to Mediafire or something so people can have it and not have to rip it from Youtube.

I lost interest in Pokemon after the first generation. Unless there are has been some interesting changes in the core mechanics in those 10+ years, I'm not inclined to pick up the series again. However, I will admit both series share the appeal of collecting critters and using them in your party.

The auric armor (the one that you get from pre-ordering from Gamestop) is disappointing. Its weakness to physical attacks makes this armor too situational. I ended up reverting to the original set before I got the white armor.

Last edited:

Pokemon has gotten a lot more complex, but it's pretty much only for competitive players. Single player you can still beast the whole game by spamming hydro pump on water types

Did the whole battle system get revamped or did the Pokemon got respecced for multiplayer?

I lost interest in Pokemon after the first generation. Unless there are has been some interesting changes in the core mechanics in those 10+ years, I'm not inclined to pick up the series again. However, I will admit both series share the appeal of collecting critters and using them in your party.

The auric armor (the one that you get from pre-ordering from Gamestop) is disappointing. Its weakness to physical attacks makes this armor too situational. I ended up reverting to the original set before I got the white armor.

Apparently the Amazon pre-order armor is just as bad. Go figure. At least the Amazon armor looked DECENT. The Gamestop armor looked ugly as shit. I actually haven't even used the code. I knew from the get-go that it would be awful but it being weak to fvcking physical attacks is just...horrible.

I'm in my Neutral playthrough right now and I have to complete a shit ton of Challenge Quests and I fvcking hate it. I don't mind doing some side quests, but I have being forced to do them just to continue on with the story. Shit pisses me off.

I have a bunch of SMT goodies headed my way. I have vanilla P3 with outter slip case, OST and artbook, both Digital Devil Saga games (in original gray matching covers) and Devil Summoner: Raidou vs. The Soulless Army.

Then to top it all off. I have a promo SMTIII: Nocturne Documentary poster headed my way!

I really need to get the second Raidou game, but the cheapest I've seen it complete was $29 and I don't really feel like paying that much for it at the time being.

I also need to get the P3P collectors edition to finally complete my P3 collection since I'll have vanilla P3 complete with OST and artbook, FES, P3P, FES from PSN and P3P from PSN.

And I need to get the P1P OST (I think there's one on eBay for like $4) and a replacement outter cardboard box for P2: Innocent Sin PSP since mine got crushed while I was moving back in October.

Was debating on picking up SMTI,II and If... on PS1 but I'm going to wait a little bit and see who buys Atlus since it's up for bidding. SEGA has their hands in the bidding, but I hope they don't get it since they're really bad about not localizing their games besides Sonic. I really want Sony to get it so that we could possibly see a remake of SMTI,II and If... as well as getting an HD port of Nocturne, Raidou 1 and 2 and both Digital Devil Saga games AND possibly a SMTIVita port.

That could be all possible if Sony gets Atlus. If...

(pun).

Apparently the Amazon pre-order armor is just as bad. Go figure. At least the Amazon armor looked DECENT. The Gamestop armor looked ugly as shit. I actually haven't even used the code. I knew from the get-go that it would be awful but it being weak to fvcking physical attacks is just...horrible.

It was advertised as good starting armor, but in the end it was a waste of the 3DS's memory blocks. True enough it provides an okay HP boost early on and a resistances to fire, ice, electric, and force attacks. However, when you have weaknesses to everything else, including an attack accessible to everyone, gave me a break!

I'm in my Neutral playthrough right now and I have to complete a shit ton of Challenge Quests and I fvcking hate it. I don't mind doing some side quests, but I have being forced to do them just to continue on with the story. Shit pisses me off.

I didn't know Challenge Quests were mandatory. I thought they entirely optional, offering extra experience and items.

I entered Tokyo recently, and navigating feels similar to that of Nocturne. Honestly, this more suited for a big screen instead of a 3DS, since it's hard to see obstacles that are blocking my path. Is it just me, or is money hard to come by without serious farming? I can never afford withdrawing any but the lowest-leveled demons from my compendium.

I have a bunch of SMT goodies headed my way. I have vanilla P3 with outter slip case, OST and artbook, both Digital Devil Saga games (in original gray matching covers) and Devil Summoner: Raidou vs. The Soulless Army.

Then to top it all off. I have a promo SMTIII: Nocturne Documentary poster headed my way!
Spoiler:

I really need to get the second Raidou game, but the cheapest I've seen it complete was $29 and I don't really feel like paying that much for it at the time being.

I also need to get the P3P collectors edition to finally complete my P3 collection since I'll have vanilla P3 complete with OST and artbook, FES, P3P, FES from PSN and P3P from PSN.

And I need to get the P1P OST (I think there's one on eBay for like $4) and a replacement outter cardboard box for P2: Innocent Sin PSP since mine got crushed while I was moving back in October.

I remember you mentioned interest in the Nocturne poster before. Did you managed to haggle for a lower price? The intial price was pretty scary. I'm interested in the Raidou games too. I regret not picking it during the time there was copy available at the Gamestop (which is now closed) nearest to my home. Alas, I was cautious about picking up unfamiliar titles and SMT didn't pique my interest until sometime after joining TRMK. I'm interested in getting the Nocturne OSt, but that will have to wait.

Was debating on picking up SMTI,II and If... on PS1 but I'm going to wait a little bit and see who buys Atlus since it's up for bidding. SEGA has their hands in the bidding, but I hope they don't get it since they're really bad about not localizing their games besides Sonic. I really want Sony to get it so that we could possibly see a remake of SMTI,II and If... as well as getting an HD port of Nocturne, Raidou 1 and 2 and both Digital Devil Saga games AND possibly a SMTIVita port.

That could be all possible if Sony gets Atlus. If...

(pun).

Honestly, I would prefer for Atlus were to be as independent as possible. Sega isn't what they used to be, and they have been always been terrible at marketing even in their prime. The problem with Sony is all future games will be restricted to their machines. I would prefer Atlus titles to be accessible on as many platforms as possible.

It was advertised as good starting armor, but in the end it was a waste of the 3DS's memory blocks. True enough it provides an okay HP boost early on and a resistances to fire, ice, electric, and force attacks. However, when you have weaknesses to everything else, including an attack accessible to everyone, gave me a break!

It's all about that Ginza Secret Shop armor! 300,000 yen for a pair of pants!

I didn't know Challenge Quests were mandatory. I thought they entirely optional, offering extra experience and items.

Challenge Quests aren't mandatory unless you're going Neutral. That's when they make you do a few. You do a few to help with a main quest.

I entered Tokyo recently, and navigating feels similar to that of Nocturne. Honestly, this more suited for a big screen instead of a 3DS, since it's hard to see obstacles that are blocking my path. Is it just me, or is money hard to come by without serious farming? I can never afford withdrawing any but the lowest-leveled demons from my compendium.

I wish SMTIV was on the Vita or even a PS3 but I think it works fine on the 3DS. It is sometimes hard to see what small thing is stopping you from continuing forward.

Money is hard to come by because demons don't drop it unless you use Fundraiser. You have to do quests and such to get money, which makes things a little more difficult.

I remember you mentioned interest in the Nocturne poster before. Did you managed to haggle for a lower price? The intial price was pretty scary. I'm interested in the Raidou games too. I regret not picking it during the time there was copy available at the Gamestop (which is now closed) nearest to my home. Alas, I was cautious about picking up unfamiliar titles and SMT didn't pique my interest until sometime after joining TRMK. I'm interested in getting the Nocturne OSt, but that will have to wait.

I was able to get the dude to come down to $65 by lying saying that my son is a big fan of the SMT games and Nocturne is his favorite and I'd like to get him the poster but we're just tight on cash hahaha. I hate lying to the guy but $80+ is a little too much, even $65 is a bit much, but I've paid higher for less. Being an NIN collector, I've paid $55 for a CD with just 3 songs on it.

The Nocturne OST is awesome. One of my favorite OSTs. It sucks that it's so expensive though. But that's every OST, really.

And just a heads up, the OST that comes with vanilla P3, is only 18 tracks like the one you get with P4.

Honestly, I would prefer for Atlus were to be as independent as possible. Sega isn't what they used to be, and they have been always been terrible at marketing even in their prime. The problem with Sony is all future games will be restricted to their machines. I would prefer Atlus titles to be accessible on as many platforms as possible.

Being independent is fine with me too really, as long as the games don't get fvcking ruined and lose their charm and they still get localized.

So I got BBBLP to play SMTIV.

What's everyone's party right now?

I'm using Clotho (healer), Anzu (buff/debuffer) and Rakshasa (damage dealer) and myself as support and damage dealer when necessary.

I haven't played in a few days because I don't really want to do these side quests for the neutral ending, but I'm about to start doing em now.

I guess the whole "dark Pokemon" angle worked. LOL

My character is a mage. He lacks dark and light spells, but has single-target spells for the rest of the elements. I also have one healing spell. As far as stat distribution is concerned, I put most points into magic, followed by agility, and a little luck. He boasts the highest damage output of any party member and can exploit many weaknesses.

Right, now, I'm grinding to make my demons to learn all their skills before I fuse them. This especially true for demons that learn passive skills that resist elements. Thus, I don't have a party I can stick with just yet. My favorite at my current level is Jack Frost, who I got rid of his weakness to fire. My other notable demons are Tam Lin for physical and Fortuna for healing.

Ideally, I want a strong physical attacker, healer, and a buffer/debuffer for a main party, but I have to make due with what I have.

Last edited:

I actually haven't done much fusing. I think I've fused about 10 demons? I usually negotiate.

I really need to start buying more apps too. I had I think 130 app points saved up and I'm about to spend em all.

Is there any place to revive dead demons? Or do I have to keep going back to the Apothecary to buy revival leafs?

You can buy revival beads/leafs, there's also a skill demons learn called Recarn which revives dead demons.

I quickly run of out of slots and fusing is the only way to get demons to acquire skills that they normally don't have. Since you can choose which skills you want inherited during fusion, unlike the previous games, there is little reason for me to not use it.

So no Pokemon Center type place for giant man eating birds?

superheroes-batman-superman-a-sad-rain.gif

There is on Nocturne, I know that for sure.

In SMTIV, when you get to Tokyo, there's bars called the Hunter Association and you can 'heal' by paying 100 macca and they restore HP and SP but I'm not exactly sure if they revive demons.

Nevermind, went to the barracks and took a nap. My demons got revived.

I gotta be honest, I'm starting to love this game. I'm supposed to play Bass in Injustice and I was going to play Dragon's Crown with some dudes on SRK, but I'm having a hard time putting this shit down lol. Still can't find Navarre, doesn't matter though. Having fun finding all of the secret abilities and seeing what can fuse with who.

Asshole Nemesis said he was on the 2nd floor, so I spent an hour running around it like a jackass. Climbing the same ledges I climbed the past 34 times.

Can't be mad though, got good experience out of it. Now though I'm at a part with a huge poison cloud in level 3 of Naruka. Do I just run through it?

It's a matter of choice

If you choose to run north through the poisoned floor, you should go west on the T-intersection, where you get a decent early sword inside a treasure chest. Just be sure you have Dis-poison with you or a demon with Posmudi.

Otherwise, there is the path to the east that goes around the poisoned area.

Spoiler:
Naraku-3.jpg

Last edited: