Create your own fighting game

Ultra realistic, animals in the wild fighting. Leopard V python? Rhino V elephant? Bear V giraffe? Of course the grand master would be the honey badger.
I'm serious

I'd go indie with this one. But seeing that it would be no match for the "kings of the genre", I'd desguise my game into another genre. For example, make the story for the game roll in the guise of a platformer, and when you end it, you get an "extra mode", the fighting game itself.

Gameplay: It would be, grossly generalizing it, a cross of SF and Tekken, with a few hints of Buriki One and Garouden Breakblow.

The plot and character designs? I'd try to follow the same steps of the "kings". Draw inspiration from wuxia and cult american martial arts flicks, real life, cartoons/manga I liked when I was young, add a few nods to other fighting games and it's glitches.

A love letter to fighting games if you will.

Last edited:
I have had the same idea for a fighting game for about four years now.

I haven't thought of a title but here goes it...

Overview
It's a fighting game where all the characters are in Iron Man-esque suits fighting in a tournament to decide who will be granted just about anything they desire more or less...even the resurrection of a loved one through gene-replication and cloning technology. Despite the setting, there is a degree of dark comedy involved.

Developer
I'd rather it be developed by someone fresh. I'd want my game to be completely unique in it's own right.
Why not Capcom?
I feel like they would ruin my game with invincibility frames. I want a visceral experience that keeps people on their toes every second they are fighting. I want the players to feel pressure and strain. Every fight to feel mentally and even emotionally exhausting. I feel like Capcom would not deliver in this respect as far as a fighting game goes. When I play Street Fighter, it's all numbers and I don't want that.
Why not Netherrealm Studios?
NRS does what they do very well. The art style works very well for what they do. It is simply not what I want for an art style. As far as game play goes, I feel like it wouldn't be very balanced for my approach.
Why not everyone else?
They might be able suck my dick if I feel like giving them the privilege of performing suck an awesome deed.

Story
The story takes place on Earth in 2110. The world has plummeted into a state of constant war between the remaining governments and sovereign corporations vying for world domination. Other powers are at play and there is still more I have to work out with the story.

Characters
I could go on and on...so here's a few that I really worked the back-story for.

Kelly "Phoenix" Harper
She worked as an MI6 Agent. When it comes down to loyalty for her country and her desire to live comfortably, she turns her back on her country only to have everything gone awry. At this point, she only had one thing going for her; her beauty. What could she do to play on this but still remain low-key? She turned to stripping. The living was good and the attention was something grand to her. However, when a rookie MI6 agent had stumbled into this exact strip club, the MI6 had her. She was given the ultimatum of investigating the tournament or execution. The decision was too easy...

Xenon Mk.II
Xenon is an android designed primarily for infiltration. She was captured and reprogrammed by a group of spacemen looking to profit from the tournament. However, her emergency recall systems were overlooked. The recall systems engaged and ultimately, malfunctioned. Instead of wiping the new algorithms, both programming algorithms remained in place. She competed in the tournament for two purposes...

Andre "Fixer" Peroit
The twin brother to France's best spy. When Andre's brother found the time to spend, Andre had unwittingly prepared his brother's last meal. As it turns out, his brother had a food allergy neither had known about. Andre was devastated. In his haste to call the authorities, a strange device began to emanate noise from his brother's body. Andre checks the device and discovers what he actually did for a living. He couldn't resist the urge. He assumed his brother's identity only to dig himself in a deeper hole. His assignment; compete in the tournament and win his brother's resurrection.

There are more characters but it would be too much for ya'll to read.

Gameplay
I can't decide on a plane. However, I want to have degradable armor. If that piece is pushed to the point of destruction, the special move associated with it will either not trigger or malfunction.

Stages
I want a stage that is a Corporate Lobby, a Dance Club, a Traditional Tournament Stage, a Battlefield, a Space Station, a Military Bunker and a Car Dealership.

Interface
I want the aesthetics to appear differently for each character. Three bars of meter. Two bars of health. The first bar would be called, Armor Integrity and the second bar would be called Fatal Gauge. Your meter would be called the Reserves.

What can the meter do for you?
The first bar gives you four ticks. Each tick allows you to enhance a special move. Andre's "Sky Hook" which is an air-to-ground move would be enhanced into "Sky Sweeper" to cover air-to-to and air-to-ground. Two ticks used at once gives you the ability to engage in "Tug of War". Tug of War happens when you tech a grab. Normally, you just tech it when you enter mirrored grab input. Tug of War reverse the grab if you win the tug and you do a character-specific counter throw. Using a whole bar let's activate stage-one super. Using two bars gives you stage-two ultra. Using three bars gives you stage-three critical. The critical his a devastating move that ignores armor and goes straight to the health. If it's the killing blow of the last round, you get an opponent specific finisher. You also have the option to use a full bar to break a combo. I still need to work on balancing and all that jazz with the mechanics.

I legitimately want to make this game reality one day. It's kind of a life goal.

I like that idea of yours. Armor wielding fighters? Its just like Iron Man.

You could see some fighters that are like...
- Iron Man
- War Machine
- Rescue
- Whiplash
- Blizzard
- Killer Shrike
- Iron Monger
- Titanium Man
- Unicorn
- Black Knight
- Crimson Dynamo
- Ghost
- Ultimo
- Mandarin

What company can you give it to?

Last edited:
I made joke about cyrax and sektor in MK9 that there should be a just robot fighting game with transforming robots kind of like transformers only they don't turn into cars but into different modes or something.

Thrill Kill (Reboot)

Playable Characters:
- Belladonna
- Dr. Faustus
- Cleetus
- The Imp
- Mammoth
- Oddball
- Tormentor
- Violet
- Scorpion (MK)
- Raiden (MK. Is the only character with a good heart in this game and is willing to put an end to Quan Chi's plans.)
- Noob Saibot (MK)
- Quan Chi (MK)

Secret/Unlockable Characters:
- The Gimp (Originally was a dummy but would be playable in this game.)
- Cain (Sub-Boss)
- Judas (Sub-Boss)
- Marukka (Boss)

(The MK characters above are part of the cast just like how some of the Virtua Fighter characters are part of the Dead or Alive 5 cast.)

DLC Characters:
- Rayne (Bloodrayne)
- Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)
- Kratos (God of War)
- Jackie Estacado (The Darkness)
- Mileena (MK)
- Sub-Zero (MK. For the fans who will complain about Noob being in and not SZ.)

Non-Playable characters (These guys would be in the background of the Netherrealm.)
- All the characters who died in MK9 except Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn.
- Jade can be seen vertically impaling a guy with her staff.
- Kitana can be seen decapitating a guy with her fan.
- Kung Lao can be seen splitting a guy in half with his hat.
- Sindel can be seen screaming at a guy's ear, making the head explode.
- Stryker can be seen detonating a guy, making an explosion.
- Smoke can be seen performing his Tremor fatality on a guy.
- Kabal can be seen gutting a guy with his hookswords.
- Jax can be seen ripping off a guys arms.
- Cyber Sub- Zero can be seen impaling a guy that the abdomen with his Kori Blade.

Story: It's the same as the original but this time the deaths of the Thrill Kill characters involve being sent to the Netherrealm, where Marukka and Quan Chi make a tournament for each of the dead souls who are promised reincarnation if they win. However, their true intentions are to make this tournament a way to find out who they'd find suitable to conquer all realms with them.

Gameplay: Its similar to the original but with X-Ray moves (which have their own bars) and this time you beat up your opponent until their life bar drops. There will be a timer for you to do a finisher and if not performed, the enemy will regain health and have a chance to kill you. The graphics would be a lot better and the environment may be used. Weapons can also be picked up and used as projectiles and/or melee. Each weapon will found in the stage will have one finisher if the character is still holding that weapon when it's time to finish the opponent. Each character will also have at least 4 quick finishers that are almost generic with simple kicks or punches that decapitate or badly knock out victims. Those finishers can kill opponents when there is more than one enemy standing. The decapitation types work only on the last round and the knock out types can be done in any round but can't be done to the last victim in thelast round). There are also 4 unique Thrill Kills (finishers only used against the last victim standing and used in the last round only).

Developer: NRS

Mini Games: It would be similar to MK9's Challenge Tower.

Last edited:
Actually about my Thrill Kill reboot idea, X- Rays would be the finishers against an enemy who isn't the last opponent. No one can be dismembered until the last round and is the only foe standing.

About the armor fighting game idea the other guy thought of. I like it. If its possible, maybe a combination of iron man and medabots.

The player can customize their fighter's armor with custom weapon parts for each part of the body. Even its opponent fighter's weapon parts as well.

The main hero can be the japanese rhinoceros beetle and the 2nd can be a stag beetle. Think of'em as Iron Man and War Machine. And if possible for a female to be a ladybug/butterfly... maybe Rescue.

The main antagonist can be like Mandarin. A samurai and dragon.

Their finishers can be the user to eject himself/herself of his/her armor into an ultimate weapon finish.

- The hero's armor transforms into a beetle.
- The 2nd hero's armor transforms into a stag beetle.
- The female's armor transforms into a ladybug
- The antagonist's armor multi-changes into a samurai and a dragon.

Every armor comes with hi-technology, magic & elements.

Oh I'd love to make a game that's similar to MKSM, God of War, and Manhunt that's adventure, fighting, shooting, and multiplayer.

- Each character will have each of their own unique moves, weapons, and finishers.

- Based on realism but with new invented gadgets.

- Storyline would be based gangs, drugs, illegal organizations, REVENGE, and mental hospitals.

- There would be clubs where characters can "have fun" like God of War's sex minigames.

- Characters could be created.

- Original characters could be customized.

- More weapons and environment can be used with their own unique finishers.

- Finishers can be plain as a neckbreak when unarmed but can get gruesome with a victim being vertically in half by a chainsaw for example.

How about a marvel video game like Injustice is?

Roster:
- Heroes:
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Hulk
Punisher
Anti-Venom
Wolverine
Elektra
Daredevil
Psylocke
Deadpool
Doctor Strange
Silver Surfer
Captain Mar-Vell
Thor
Captain America
Iceman
Storm
Hawkeye
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Nova
Blade
Jean Grey/Phoenix
Magneto
Rogue

- Villains:
Scorpion
Venom
Green Goblin
Carnage
Enchantress
Abomination
Silver Samurai
Deathstrike
Mystique
Doctor Doom
Baron Mordo
Dormammu
Super Skrull
Loki
Taskmaster
Dracula
Apocalypse
Thanos
Baron Zemo
Black Heart
Mandarin
Mysterio
Bullseye
Daken/Sabertooth

Last edited:
How about a marvel video game like Injustice is?

Roster:
- Heroes:
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Hulk
Punisher
Venom (Flash)
Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock)

- Villains:
Scorpion
Green Goblin
Carnage
Enchantress
Abomination

Go ahead and add...

Heroes:
ELEKTRA
Wolverine
Psylocke
Deadpool

Villains:
Deathstrike
Mystique
Silver Samurai

When I was doing the BloodSport War series, I would thought of putting it as a fighting game, which I'll let NRS do. The 1st game will be based on the chapter called "The BloodSport War Tournament". If you want to know the story so far that occurs in the 1st game, here's the link to it:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...ar-Story-Version-2-0?highlight=BloodSport+War

It'll contain important parts from chapters: "Rise of the Dark Lord", "Year of the Assassin" and all of the above chapter mentioned.

Overview:
A fighting game which tragedy and story mainly takes place in the real world, but with elements of fantasy and violence. Blood is not over the top as MK, but the damage will be shown by fatigue and the scars as the battle goes on. 1 round, but a huge amount of health bar and 1 bar of super.

Playable characters:
Antonio Bennett 3rd [Capoeira, Lion]
Rita Drake [Chinese Kenpo, Ba Gua]
Hattori Lee Sung [Praying Mantis, Fu Jow Pai]
Angel Feliciano [Shorin Ryu, Tiger Kung Fu]
Ripler Evans [Hung Gar, Sambo]
Ivan Hunter [Mixed-style Military Arts, Judo]
Raven Dale (didn't appear in the original version, but will appear in the updated version) [Fan Zi, Eagle Claw]
Ahmed Bennett [Shootfighting Tae Kwon Do, Dragon Kung Fu]

Gameplay:
I'll have elements of environmental interactions from Def Jam: Fight for NY, like how Injustice is doing it, plus the fighting styles will based on actual real life martial arts, and some are undisciplined or self-taught, as well as a few non-existent styles that have similar techniques (the fighting styles will be shown right next to the playable characters.) The button mechanics are that of Tekken, especially the regular style attacks and combos, but the specials will based on MK9. The block button will be done by holding the trigger button. Super moves command will be complex like in Street Fighter and King of Fighters, as well as Fatalities. The movement is nothing new, although the difference is that if you tap and hold forward 3x, it'll make the character run and if you press a certain attack button, then they'll do a charge attack.

Stages:
The places will be somewhat fictional name-wise, but the locations WILL actually be based on similar buildings or places in certain countries. Some stages have transitional when interacting with the environment, even stage fatalities.

Music:
I know I'm probably gonna get in major trouble, but the music will mixed and based on the character's personality and residence, on the international scale; although it can be change to play the arena music based on the actual music the country plays.

Fatalities and Super Moves:
As mentioned on top, the button execution will be complex, althoughit varies on each character used. And each character will have only 1 super move and 1 fatality.

Last edited:
Oh I'd love to make a game that's similar to MKSM, God of War, and Manhunt that's adventure, fighting, shooting, and multiplayer.

- Each character will have each of their own unique moves, weapons, and finishers.

- Based on realism but with new invented gadgets.

- Storyline would be based gangs, drugs, illegal organizations, REVENGE, and mental hospitals.

- There would be clubs where characters can "have fun" like God of War's sex minigames.

- Characters could be created.

- Original characters could be customized.

- More weapons and environment can be used with their own unique finishers.

- Finishers can be plain as a neckbreak when unarmed but can get gruesome with a victim being vertically in half by a chainsaw for example.

I'll add to this.

- Limbs and other body parts can be severed if some enemies were hit at a limb, head, or any other body part with a swing of a melee weapon depending what type it is. This can be considered a fatality (or multalities if more than one). Only works on weaker enemies. This works with enhanced moves, power ups, x-rays, and super combos.

- There is a rage meter for enhanced moves in 1/4 of a meter, power up in half of a meter (gives characters enhanced speed and damage with any attack), supers in 3/4 of a meter (an x-ray and a super combo for each character), and finishers (fatalities) from one to four meters. (Level 1 to level 4. The higher the level, the nastier the fatality.)

- Finishers are activated by pressing a button that will hit the victim and give the player a chance to input the buttons for the fatalities. (The same fashion as MKSM.)

- Environmental melee weapons each have a level 1 to level 4 finisher.

- Environmental melee weapons will be used differently with each character when it comes to finishing their opponents. For example, a level 4 finisher of one character is to split a guy vertically in half with a chainsaw, another character would use the chainsaw by cutting the victim in half from one side of the shoulder and to the waist in the opposite side of the body during a level 4.

Environmental Weapons:
- Chainsaw
- Machete
- Various types of knives.
- Guns, bows, bombs, and other firearms. (Can cause multalities when killing many enemies at once.)
- Poles and Staffs
- Axes
- Hammers
- Swords
- Blunts
- Tasers
- And more.

-Environmental projectile weapons such as firearms and bombs can be aimed like any other shooting game. No meter will be used.

Last edited:
I've done this already in the Mk10 thread.

Well as usual my Idea was about God of war and it's characters and giving it new story. I don't want this God of war to follow Kratos but instead It would follow his brother Deimos.

Deimos_hermano_de_Kratos.jpg

From the time he was taken as a kid and end right before the part in Ghost of Sparta when Kratos finds him tied up in the realm of death. That's the only part of their story that hasn't been explained.

Last edited:
If I have my fighting game, I'd have a stage that's in the MEN'S BATHROOM. It'd be big with guys using the stalls and urinals as usual as some watch the fight and root the winner. Then, there'd be a secret fight with a WOMAN (my character). First, she'd sneak in following a guy who will do the number 2 in one stall while the lady goes to the next stall and sneak under. After that, she'd peek at her stall door and look at the fight. If someone wins during those times without blocking, a cutscene would occur where the woman would kick her stall door open and have her weapon ready to attack the winner.

Let's just say I got this idea from Jade peeking behind the forest in MK2 mixed with my real life experiences. ;)

Last edited: